Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Default Discouraged

I have plateaued. I have been at the same weight for a month. I am POP. I exercise as often as I can (at least 5 hrs a week of cardio and strength training). I eat all my starches before 3 pm, I have cut out PB and cheese and almost anything on the infrequent list except for occasionally salsa. I make sure to have starch and protein fro breakfast bc the COD says that helps the metabolism. I drink my water.

I just did a take off using oranges and didn't even lose anything.

What can I do? I am 12 lbs away from my goal. HELLLPPPPPPPP!
Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #2  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

Height: 5'7

Hi

First what is your weight and height now? Don't give up sometimes your body has to slow your weight loss to make sure you are healthy. What does a typical day sound like for you? Did you remove all white bread, white sugar? Sometimes the things you are eating makes your weight loss slower. For me eating whole foods really helps. (non processed foods) Also do you take measurements, sometimes you are losing measurements but not weight.

You can do it!
jillnicole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Tan – don’t get discouraged – I know… easier said than done. I’m looking back at my calendar and in June and July I only lost 2lbs per month. I was so frustrated and about 17lbs from my goal! Everything I tried did not help me to lose more, BUT I still felt pretty slim, AND I was able to drop a pant size! After having gone through that I do feel as if your body just needs some time to adjust to losing once you get close to your ideal weight. The only thing I did to change this was to start doing take off every two weeks like I did in the beginning – some times I would lose, and sometimes I wouldn’t, but I do feel like the consistent routine is helping me push down. I am now 11lbs from my goal, and am trying to lose 1lb a week, but am plateau-ing again – I do take off on Monday so we will see how that helps. Just keep doing what you are doing, don’t get discouraged and start eating stuff you shouldn’t… Good luck
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:02 PM   #4  

Just keep on keeping on....You will push through the plateau,.We are rooting for you....
nettie134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/155.00/135

Height: 5.0

Hi Julie
Are you buying the take off juice, for me is very expensive. Is there any other replacement for that juice as it cost me $30.00 per bottle.
Carolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Carolita,
There was an excellent PC juice but they discontinued it. I now just do the TO using 4 large navel oranges instead. Some will recommend Knudsen's juice but IMHO there are too many calories.

I went completely op so now I am fighting to just back where I was. You don't know what you got until it's gone. ROFLMAO.

Thanks everyone for the tips and yes I gave up white bread, pastas, sugar etc way before I every joined LAWL. I do eat very clean with all starches before 3 making sure to have starch and protein for breakfast. I get in my water.

My weight is 132 and I am 5'4. I want to hit 120 so I have room to adjust once I reach the maintenance level, KWIM!

Tan
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Tan, I found that I was not able to get as "light" as I had in the past when i was dieting because the LAWL plan is so healthy that I did not lose the muscle weight that I had on previous diets. The difference was an eerily similiar 12 pounds too.... I ended up re-evaluating... and it was not a decision that I came to lightly that what was really healthy for me when I was working out hard and in great shape was a much higher number than I thought. I spent MONTHS trying to budge my weight lower, but finally with the help of evaluating my body fat (lots of ways to estimate that you basically just need a tape measure to do) and looking at myself and deciding that really I might have had some loser skin than I would have liked but there wasn't a lot of FAT left anywhere.... So anyway, I ended up just declaring victory where my body decided it was staying at anyway. I would have LOVED to see the scale get lower, but that was not a reasonable goal and not a goal that I was likely to have maintained if I had even gotten to it. So just double check by checking your body fat estimates and see if your goal is even reasonable for your own individual body now that you have exercised it into such wonderful fitness... Really you just might be looking at losing your muscles.... not to say you are not just on a plateau... I struggled for about 3 months before I decided I was done myself... I lost about 4-5 pounds in 3 months.

Last edited by BarbaraB; 11-19-2008 at 09:49 PM.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

Still lurking, waiting to come back and join the fun! My baby girl is 6 weeks today!

I would suggest mixing up your foods. Go back to lean meats, eggs. I remember whenever I hit a plateau, I would eat eggs, shrimp, lt tuna, etc. I would do lite bread for starches, fruits would be apples, grapes, melon, etc. Vegetables would be hardy and green. NO starchy vegetables and minimal carrots. All of these things with just a little more sugar and starch affected me greatly. And drink a lot more water. Like 80 oz or so. Sure to see the scale move...don't get discouraged, keep POP!!!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote