Aspen Weight Loss Clinic - south Louisiana (also posted in Does It Work)

• Anyone know anything about this? I think it's just in south Louisiana. My mom and aunt are thinking of going and have asked if I'd like to go as well. I don't know anything about it. I just know two people who have lost a respectable amount of weight in a reasonable amount of time, but I don't really know them well enough to grill them about what it really is and how much it costs. Any input would be great! I don't know if I want to get involved myself, and I know my mom would rather avoid yet another scam.

Thanks!
  • Yes! I love that place, its in Slidell La. I used to go every month and you do lose alot of weight ,but it cost me $108.00 every visit plus gas and I live 2 hours away (Mississippi). I now found a Dr. in Columbia Ms. that only charges 65.00 for the first visit than 20.00 after that and the pills are 23.00 at wal-mart. The Dr. lets you pick which diet pills you want to try, plus energy pills. But they monitor your blood pressure and if its high you get no pills. The pills made me not want to eat all day, I actually had to make myself eat..,,,
    momof8
  • Thanks for the reply! I don't know if I'm going to go myself, I have high bp that I'm controling with meds (and attempting to control with diet and exercise). I don't want to worsen the situation with diet pills. My mom's bp and general health are fine, so I guess this might be a good thing for her. Bless her, she's quit smoking and it's been quite a ride. I think she's trying to counter act the weight gain.

Thanks again!
  • Can you give me the name of the Doctor in Columbia. It's alot better than driving into Slidell and a whole lot cheaper!
  • Can I please get the name of the Dr. in Columbia, Ms I"ve been going to Slidell, La and Columbia would be a lot closer.
  • Lower BP
    You might try 1/8 tsp of salt with 16 oz of water to get you bp down. I'm should be doing this 5 times a day for my weight but usually do 2 or 3. My bp is good. A guy at work is doing this and got off his bp med for 2 months now. If you don't believe it Google Jim Bolen story. I was able to get my asthma under control also.