Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:34 PM   #31  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Had a pretty good day, sorta ate on plan. Supper ended up being pasta, but Im ok with that. The serving size was just right too, not a huge plate full of food I couldnt finish but forced myself to do kwim?

I was in classes all day, and learned heaps and heaps of things. One instructor inparticular....I would just love to climb into his brain for a day That probably wouldnt be enough time, but wow, he couldnt talk fast enough to get all the information out to us. I was really pleased, and I think this is the best $400 Ive spent in years!

Alright, Im off to get some work done then Im off to bed
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 AM   #32  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches – Crunch day for a project at work. Stayed late with a planned apple; ignored the vending machines, even though the thought did occur to me, in passing, like a flash from the olden days. CREDIT moi. Had two ears of corn with dinner to keep up with my over-purchases. And DW harvested a gorgeous purple variety tomato for our tomato salad tonight - weighed a pound. That's a $5 tomato at Whole Foods. I take such delight reveling in the harvest here. Adjusting weekend plans to accommodate Tropical Storm (nee Hurricane) Hanna due to arrive in the Boston area at 2:00 am Sunday. Hoping that Susan (QuilterInVA) survives it down in Virginia.

onebyone – The other side of life as an artist: "running glazes through a sieve from one bucket to the other and back again." LOL, googling finds: Camus concludes that "all is well," indeed, that "One must imagine Sisyphus happy." And keep the faith on your de-cluttering. Small step then small step. Your steps are encouraging me to continue taking small steps in my clutter. I can't read about your "morning sun" kitchen without remembering that Heidi (hbuchwald) dubbed it *****eny, LOL

Robin (RobinW) - Greetings to the road warrior. Kudos for "serving size was just right" while on the road. I do know how difficult that can be. Ya think that your smart instructor can help you design a wrap for onebyone's wagon? The one big enough for all of us, LOL.

shrinkin - Ouch for "Dark clouds and raindrops" time. Wish you the best in helping your mother. Kudos for hanging in and posting even while in the stress crunch. And Congrats for the slow but steady weight loss.

Readers – "The thoughts that lead you to act in unhelpful ways are sabotaging thoughts. The thoughts that lead you to act in more productive ways are helpful thoughts." Beck, pg 26.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 09-05-2008 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #33  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Default Friday report

Good morning coaches,

Thanks to each of you for encouraging words. Dealing with unexpected events with Alzheimers can be a real roller coaster. Plus other family not in agreement about what to do. After a couple of very tough days, life seems a bit more back on track.

Calories right on target. Investigated another club with pool. Yup, second investigation of the week. CREDIT MOI. They, of course, gave free pass. So, did 40 min in the pool. Exercise was mental therapy. However, deep water walking does have its limitations:jammed toe when not realizing I had reached the end of area with water depth. Ouch for that, but did not stop. CREDIT MOI. Limping rest of day and toe now swollen and totally blue. OH WELL. So much for fleeting thought of pedicure reward this week. DH teased me I could have the nails done in purple to match.

PT not so good yesterday. Was honest in my report of my so-so follow thorough on exercises. She added a pool exercise. Must give this more attention.

BBE-Good luck with crunch day. I too am facing deadlines and looks like I am going to miss a big one. If I do, next time I can submit it will be Jan, so the pressure mounts along with boss displeasure. WooHoo for DW prize purple tomato. Envy your harvest. I will be thinking positive thoughts for all of you in storm areas. Have DD in the Boston area.

RobinW-Kudos for eating on plan with extra credits for doing it on the road in the midst of many other things to occupy your thoughts. Great to hear the high value of your classes. Love the pix of your business. WOW! You have a lot too be proud of with the progress you have made in such a short time. BTW, I thought the Indy pix were pretty good for cell phone camera.

onebyone-Still rejoicing over your progress to date with the clutter work and painting. I know your "on button" will be pressed again very soon and you will return to it. And your food plan is going great too! Your post yesterday was a HUGE help to me. Thanks.

Happy Friday all!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #34  

Good morning! Just time for a quick note today because I need to get patio furniture put away and bring in potted plants. Hanna will be coming to Hampton Roads between 12 and 2 tomorrow but the rains will start this afternoon. I'm more worried about Ike which is a category 4.

I'm still on plan. Last night was quilting bee and I had dinner with friends. I had a grilled chicken breast and salad with FF dressing because there is always dessert at the bee. I had one bite of lemon torte and decided I didn't need more and I had a handful of grapes. Guess what, no one was paying attention to what I was eating contrary to one of the reasons we sometimes use to eat.

Have a good one!
Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 AM   #35  
99 lbs. Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
Tomorrow's question is "It's better to eat six mini meals than three squares." What do you think?
Mini meals work for me -- check out my Snack All Day diet thread.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #36  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

good morning coaches,

in that yicky headspace where i'm off the wagon and not really caring. i look over my ARCs (they're posted on my cube wall) and think, yeah, whatever. lots of food thoughts all day. they're not helpful, but they are distracting.

at this point i'm going to give myself small goals to try and normalize myself back out. will give kudos for logging every bite, wearing my armband when not in the shower, going to bed before 10:00, and walking 10,000 steps. this i can accomplish. next week we leave for colorado - will have to think about what's feasible on vacation.

it's humbling to know that i'm still so vulnerable to compound stress. suspect that there's something to the thought that i'm essentially powerless to help dh get back on track. should focus on the idea that i'm NOT powerless to get self back on track. i'd like to take some time to reflect on that, but am feeling too busy. that might be something for my commute time since my attention is taken up at home with el nino and DH.

hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! i'll be working on the old house. will definitely be around at the beginning of next week!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM   #37  
Lovin' Life

Evening

We are off to have subs for supper tonight. Neither of us want anything heavy. Stuff seems to be sitting in our bellies all night....and not sitting well. There is a place just around the corner that has some low fat selections and I can add lots of good veggie stuff ontop.

Thanks Shrinkin!! We've been working so hard, its nice to hear people say good things about how well we have done. Being so close to it, sometimes we dont appreciate our own efforts. This trip has shown us alot of new avenues we can check out. We've actually managed to NOT spend too too much $$

Let's see.....things are good, Im walking pretty much all day, then taking another walk after supper. Eating is still not too bad, but not right on. I"ll get there.

Heading home tomorrow Im looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, watching my own tv, and eating my own food!!
Old 09-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #38  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Good evening!

Okay, so I not only fell off the wagon, I also got run over by it...several times over! I'm slowly but surely trying to inch my way back in the drivers seat.
My emotions are all over the place and today I briefly wished for an animal tranquilizer because I felt like a rabid grisly bear. I wanted icecream to be that tranquilizer but I went for a walk with my friend instead had a healthy supper with her and her husband. I did get a soft serve cone from McDonald's on the way home but it's better than a large snickers blizzard so, WTG! Tomorrow i'll be doing some painting and cleaning, planning on grilling burgers, corn on the cob and making creamy cucumbers. I hope the rain holds off.

M
Old 09-06-2008, 01:34 AM   #39  

Hi there everyone,
I got behind there for a few days. Whew!!! I am exhausted but things are going really well overall. I am not perfectly OP but am being gentle with myself so not abusively eating/binging... I felt a few familiar comfortable feelings when I went to school with my healthy/homemade lunch (the pasta number...YUM) and healthy sides. DD LOVES kindergarten and so far kindergarten loves her too! My colleagues who all know her would report sightings and all had her with a big ol grin on her face. She is taking it all in-I love it. She is also reporting every little thing back to me and excited to go over her papers in her backpack each night. Hope it all lasts...

I am just keeping my head above water with everything but feel that with all the structure and routine built into my renewed schedule, that I can get back into my groove.

Thanks to all of you... I get so much out of your posts even when I don't post personals, please know that I appreciate you all. More later this weekend!
Old 09-06-2008, 05:24 AM   #40  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - Awaiting Tropical Storm Hannah

Diet Coaches – Good news is that my crunch deadline was extended until Monday morning, so I can get some stuff finished this weekend. That, of course, is also the bad news. Worked diligently to keep my back flat on the bench while doing my chest press at the gym. CREDIT moi. There's much benefit to proper form, and I have much room to improve. Listening to the rain and waiting for the center of the storm to arrive.

Heidi (hbuchwald) - Neat to think about your DD's little vacuum mind "taking it all in." Glad you're on track as you make the huge adjustment to this year from such a free and easy summer. We're forming wagon trains around here, so just get on board.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Good plan to take on small goals. Kudos for posting here when you don't especially feel like it. Know that feeling of powerless to help someone we love - that's a tough hurt. Continue to send supportive thoughts for the three of you.

Robin (RobinW) - Great to hear from the road warrior. Glad that your week's workshop has seemed worth while. Kudos for "walking pretty much all day." Know that feeling of wanting my own bed, LOL.

shrinkin - Ouch for "missed deadline, pressure mounts, a couple of very tough days, and jammed toe." Kudos for tracking down a second new pool and getting on with your exercises. Glad to hear that the situation with your mother is "a bit more back on track."

Susan (QuilterInVA) - LOL at "no one was paying attention to what I was eating." Isn't that just mind boggling when you come to realize that people usually don't care. Kudos for staying on plan at your quilting bee - especially avoiding those desserts. Heavy rain is just starting here in the Boston area as I type. Presume that Hanna is hitting you at this moment. Hope you fare well.

M (goodnuff) – OK, you made it here. You can put it back together step by step. Kudos for taking the walk, despite feeling like a "rabid grisly bear." Shuddering at your mention of "a large snickers blizzard."

ToutDeSuite – Hello, it's nice to have visitors. Read your thread. Congrats on the success of your "Snack All Day" plan. Are you also a Beck person?

Readers "How Thoughts can Sabotage Your Diet
Sabotaging thoughts encourage you to eat. …" Beck, pg 27.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:28 AM   #41  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Good Morning

Hello Coaches

It's way too early but I am up and about to head out the door. It's a market day for me. I had planned on bringing a bunch of new items to the market but I only half finished them. Did not have the energy to get them all done so they are staying home while I go off to the market. There is so much to do when I think about it but luckily(?) i can easily dismiss these thoughts from my head and replace them with dreams of "who do i know in Florida so I can get there this winter sometime?" Answer: I don't know anyone but DH does. Hmmm. This is followed by "will I finally get to see a space shuttle launch?" Yeah. That's how I cope with too much to do. I drift off into a future realm of my own choosing.

I think this afternoon if I'm not too tired and it isn't too late (we have the vendor appreciation bbq this afternoon--potluck food from professional bakers and market food vendors..the food offered is ALWAYS most excellent!) I'll try and tackle clearing out one side of the living room. Dh said I was 1/2 done so far. Want to be 3/4 done by the end of the day and totally done by the time my first class starts on Tuesday. Oh Rats. Have to go now. Have a great Saturday you guys... hope all those having wobbly fooddays catch that wagon as it comes round..just raise your hand and it'll stop for you.

Bye for now.

Last edited by onebyone; 09-06-2008 at 06:29 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #42  
Believe in Change

S/C/G: 221.5/188/140

Smile Saturday report

Yesterday was an OOPS day. I was not eating mindfully at lunch...so could not record my food. Way to many things going on a work. However, because I only had healthy things to choose from (I load my work refrig with healthy fruit, veggies and lean meat) and did not overeat, I am guessing I was close to OP...except that I had two glasses of wine last night instead of one. No excuse for that. Credit for Controlling My Environment. Trying not to be too hard on self and gently remind self to be better today. Was not a planned exercise day but did get in some unplanned walking to meeting site away from office. CREDIT MOI.

DH and I decided to stay home from lake this weekend. Weather not so great and we have many chores to do today. He is traveling midweek and then we are meeting up in Tennessee on Friday for my niece's wedding. Then, I am off to Maryland on business the following Monday. Busy times that will defintely test my ability to strategize for on the road and social events. Have to get mentally ready...get out those Beck days this next week and PREPARE BRAIN.

onebyone-sending for a winning day at the market. Know you will find vendor potluck food that is within your food strategy. Looking forward to your next report on the LR.

BBE-OUCH for that extended deadline and now working over weekend. That is frequently our lifestyle too. on the proper form on your weight lifting. I keep learning from PT...proper form is the key to strengthening and to injury prevention. Hope the storm is less than expected and all on east coast are safe. DD and her husband are flying into Logan tomorrow returning from trip to Alaska...hope that Logan is open tomorrow.

hbuchwald-great to have you back. Kudos for keeping the eating under control while very busy. Love that DD is loving K....so fun to see the young ones loving learning. They get so excited and little things matter so much to them. Good times for you.

goodnuff-Welcome back!! As you can tell, most of us have been climbing on and off the wagon recently. Methinks maybe we deserve some exercise credits for that. Keep giving yourself some credits for those little steps, for moderation, for getting back to your plans. Sounds like some yummy on plan food today!

RobinW-Yup, goin' home is great! You have given us a great example of restrained eating while travelling. I think Beck says reasonableness on the road...ie maybe 20-25% more calories. It can be done. HURRAY for new avenues to check out to expand your business!

kuhljeanie-Methinks you may be off the wagon, but you are definetly running along side..and coming up with good plans to take some small steps, giving yourself some credits, and thinking of how be reasonable with yourself. CREDITS TO YOU! Taking ownership of those things you can control...AWESOME! Moving is a huge transition, keep the faith it will get better.

QuilterinVA-Hope you have battened down the hatches. Hanna and Ike-double worries. Curious about quiling bees...picture in my mind of many women sitting with quilting frames?? Or is it mostly social and quilting talk? for limiting that lemon torte to one bite! "Guess what, no one was paying attention to what I was eating contrary to one of the reasons we sometimes use to eat." Nice reminder for the rest of us.

Think I am on cup three while typing this...time to get to the chores. Sending a positive OP Saturday to all.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #43  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Okay so the first week of work is over. Tuesday and wednesday were very busy with the new routes that I have and also driving a different school bus and that was really interesting.
Thursday and friday were worse as we had the beginning of kindergardeners and with that the parent or an adult had to be there with them when we pick up or deliver them. That is not always easy as some parents/gardians do not get that.
I was so tired that when I got into the car on thursday and friday I had to put my behind in the trunk. LOL.
Today I am still tired but doing a little better. I have been trying to keep op so that I will feel alot better. Well that is about all for now...dh and I are putting in a back door so will be busy for a while.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #44  
Lovin' Life

Im home I'll check back in tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your encouragement this past week!!
Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 PM   #45  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/progress/life

Good evening!

Busy day today, accomplished alot! Stripped paint off of two bathroom drawers that have been sitting in my computer room for over a year now.
Sanded and primed my kitchen cupboard doors so they'll be ready to paint tomorrow. My friend replaced a section of fence that was removed when a tree was cut down in early spring. i just finished re-painting where I had some plaster fixed in my bathroom. Maybe my bathroom can finally be done after 2 years of remodeling, it's almost time to remodel again.

Tomorrow I plan on planning next weeks meals.
I did ok today.

Sorry for not commenting on everyones' entries, just know I'm sending out good thoughts to everyone and that you all inspire me and remind me that this is doable and it's ok if it takes time.

goodnight,
M
Closed Thread