Old 07-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #31  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hi there ladies!
Wow the weekend was terrible for me. But I am back on track now. I having a hard time I keep adding an extra starch at the end of the day. I need a good yummy substitute for an evening snack. Any suggestions.

Jillian glad to hear the trip is going well!

Dionne, I knew the weight would come right back off!

Lettie! What's up? Long time no see!

Nicole, awesome job being POP!

Hi to everyone else! Sounds like you are doing great!

As for camping ideas Erin I do a lot of veggies and fruit a fresh pinneapple is the best especially grilled! yum just like candy. Chicken breast marinated on a light bun! Also great! But I tend to stray when I am away such as camping do my suggestions probably aren't the best?

Hope you all have a great POP day!

Last edited by cecil; 07-30-2008 at 01:51 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:16 PM   #32  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hey Erin - where in Beautiful BC are you? I'm in Kelowna.
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

thanks guys. I have missed you all too. I hate not having internet at home. I am doing ok. still hovering around 200 give or take. but I am getting refocused. I have basically done nothing since I showed up here last. so I guess it is time to get my but back here! It is hard when I only come to the library once or twice a week. then I am way behind and get over whelmed and just end up lurking. I will try to just check in just to update my ticker if nothing else and stay accountable.

Nicole, I bet that baby of yours is getting big, huh!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Hi Sige, I live right next door in Kamloops! We are going to Clearwater lake this weekend. It is a boat in only camp so no roads in. Last year we canoed in, this year we are going to take the river up to Azure so we are bringing a aluminum boat and 9 horse motor to make it up. I have heard there are the most breathtaking waterfalls there and it is well worth the trip. It is a glacier fed lake with creeks and small falls everywhere, so beautiful. Good to see someone so close to home! Take care.
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 PM   #35  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Julie- I am glad that I could make you laugh. The bumper sticker is so funny. I know that God has his own plan. I would just like to have my third and planning on final child by the time I am 35 I will be 35 in Dec 09. However, if my plans don't coincide with God's he knows best.

Katie- I am glad that your mom is doing good and that she will be teaching at the same school as your kids.

Cecil- I am sorry you had a bad weekend. I to tend to want more starch at the end of the day. I usually save a piece of fruit for the end of the day and usually eat an apple or orange. And you know what else drink more water.

Nicole- You are so right about it feeling so good to stay on plan.
I went to the center today for my official WI and was down 3.6 from when I weighed in last week. A little different numbers than my scale but you know different times of the day and such. I am happy with the results so far.

I hope that everyone is having a great afternoon and staying on plan.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #36  

Oh yea, I just had to share this with ya'll.

My DH told me yesterday that he didn't mean for this to sound bad if it came out that way. But, that if I didn't loose anymore weight he was perfectly happy with the size I am now. That he loves the way I look right now and looks at me all the time. I told him I wanted to loose another 30lbs at least to bring my BMI down. He said that he would support me if that is what I chose to do. I just wanted to share with ya'll about my great husband.
Old 07-30-2008, 06:45 PM   #37  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

awwww, Dionne.......I especially liked that part where he said he looks at you all the time
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:24 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a FABULOUS week! I am at work so can't chat just wanted to say hi!!

P.S. I FINALLY got my ticker!!!!

Jess
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 137.5/137.5/125

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check in! TO did not go very well. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that it is TOM. I decided to cut it a day short and start the red plan. The red plan is a lot of food, but I am down 2 lbs from Monday. I used my treadmill for an hour yesterday and I went for a walk along the lake with my DBF for about a half hour.

I am off to clean my house, which looks like a bomb went off in it. Have a great day everyone!

Heather
Heather5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:39 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Heather, I've not had the best of luck mixing TO and TOM either. I suffered through it and still gained a pound or two. Nothing trumps TOM on the scale for me. Hey housework counts as exercise too!

Dionne, The BMI is just a made up number. Sure it is based on your height, but nothing else. People of the same height can weigh a wide range of weights and be healthy. I find that the insurance tables to be a better reading than the BMI, since they take into account your frame size. For me on the insurance tables (they say to put in your height in 1 inche heels) and I checked and I have a large frame (no shock there, but I thought I'd check just to be sure). So my range is 149-170, which really is where I feel the healthiest. For you, if you are large framed, that would be 128-143, so maybe not the whole 30 pounds needs to go. Of course if you are actually small framed, then it would be 108-121, so that would mean more than 30 pounds... I really think that is a better target than stictly BMI. Of course that is also your weight in 3 pounds of clothes, but I imagine that is about
what you'd normally wear to go and be weighed at the COD. So anyway, I'm still trying to get my weight down below my BMI number again, but it is really hard for me to stay there, as my body just wants to be just a few pounds above it.... ARG!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #41  

Barbara- Thanks, I did look up my frame and I a medium frame. So, that puts me at 118-132. So, I don't have to loose the 30lbs if I don't want to.

Heather- TO and TOM doesn't work for me either.

I hope that everyone is having a great day.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:12 AM   #42  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Friday Morning Everyone!! It's almost the weekend - yea!!!!!!

I have a quick question for Barbara - you've mentioned the blue plan before and I was wondering what the difference was between blue and gold - bigger portions, more servings, done with Lites?

Thanks a bunch. Better run. I'll be back later.

Last edited by chiquita623; 08-01-2008 at 09:13 AM.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:54 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Barbara, Thanks for the info on the insurance charts - I measured mine as well and found that my goal is right in the range for a medium frame. when I was young I weighed about 105, I knew I could never get back to that without looking anorexic and that is why I am trying for 125. Although I think I will be stuck in the 140's for a while - the scale is not budging!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:12 AM   #44  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Holy man..........summertime is killing our forum!!!! I just wanted to pop in real quick, say hello to everyone, and say that I am down 3.2 lbs this week! Whoohoooo!!! Only trouble is, I will be celebrating 13 yo DD's B-day, going to a concert downtown, it's called live on the levy down by the arch......we are going to see Boys to Men..........and then my D-Day is the 5th......so I am super worried I will be a hog!!!!! I will eat cake......cuz I LOVE CAKE......but I will try to be good otherwise Have a great weekend everyone

and Katie......are things starting to settle down yet?
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:26 AM   #45  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

hope you are all ready for a POP weekend! I have been putting all my food (other that what I plan to cook for supper) in a personal lunch bag and it is working really good for me. That is what I eat and it is easier to see what is going in my mouth. It is so much easier just grabbing something ready to go. I am off to the park with the kiddoes. Oh yeah... and I switched to the luna bars and I am REALLY enjoying them.

Last edited by 4princesses; 08-01-2008 at 11:27 AM.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote