Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 PM   #1  

Default Greek Yogurt

Has anyone used Greek Yogurt and counted it as a dairy? It has 22 grams of protein in it.
heidz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 285/195/175

Height: 5'6"

here's a better question....where can u find greek yogurt?? Does it go by a certain name or brand?

JennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

This stuff is the real deal - incredibly thick, tart and creamy:
http://www.fagaeusa.com/products.html

Only downside is the shipping distance (to US). There's a brand from New England (sold in glass jars) that comes close but our Whole Foods no longer carries it.

Last edited by meggoat; 07-16-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: insert link
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:22 PM   #4  
Remember Why I'm Here

S/C/G: s-241/g-145

Height: 5'5"

I carry fage in our store. It is fabulous! Even the 0% fat is like eating pudding- almost. I throw in a spoonful of SF jam or preserves in it and yummmmmmm.

I'm on the West Coast meggoat, but I don't see why you can't get it there. Whole Foods around here carry it too, I'm told.

Don't be afraid to ask your grocery store manager to bring it in- most of the time they will be more than willing to give a new product a try if they can get it.

BUT if you ask them to bring it in, you need to go there and buy the product. It's so frustrating to bring in something new and you just know the person who ask you to bring it is isn't even buying it. LOL.

Good Luck
Dee~
iwmonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

Our Trader Joe's carries Fage 0% yogurt...not sure if you have one around. Also, if your Whole Foods doesn't carry it, you can request it and they usually will accomodate.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Height: 5'4"

I usually find mine at the Giant food store (a local chain -- but it may be in some other locales). I love it as a yogurt, but it also makes a nice sour cream substitute since it's so rich and tart. Just a dollop on top of other things is a wonderful treat.
Good luck finding it!
threegreygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 158/148/130

Height: 5'7"

My local independent grocer carries the greek yogurt, it's the more local/just as good Vermont version in the glass jars that I can't find nearby.
The Greek stuff is great - I just try to buy more local foods to save the environment.
meggoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #8  

Wal-Mart is even carrying the greek yogurt now. I think Stoneyfield is who makes the brand wal-mart sells. I agree with everyone else it is so good - makes it hard to go back to the regular yogurt after you have had the greek yogurt!
wnt2bthnr is offline   Reply With Quote