Old 07-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #61  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Looks like everyone has lots happening! Jillian I am so thrilled for you, Debbie, hang in there.. it will come off easier than you think! Hope you all have a good week, I am about to tackle a mountain of laundry waiting for me after holidays.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #62  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hey everyone,

I am back. I have had a rough couple of weeks with food. My DH finally got a job offer last Thursday and went for the physical at the beginning of this week. He has a start date of Aug. 4th. THANK YOU all for the prayers and support. I am planning on doing a FF on Sat and Sun since I have not really been on plan for about three weeks now. Or, do ya'll think I should do the limited TO? I went and WI on Tuesday and had gained 9 lbs. I am not going to stress over it. It is my fault what I have been putting in my mouth and I am grown up enough to take responsibility for it. I am going to start taking care of myself again. Well, enough of that.

Katie- I am sorry to hear about your loss. The balloon idea is wonderful.

Debbie- Just get back on plan and it will come off.

Barbara- I wish I was doing that much exercising.

Nicole- You are definitely a super mom. You stay so busy and congrats on the loss.

Dan- How are the fires going?

Julie- I am glad that you had a great vacation.

To everyone else that I missed- I hope that you are having a great day and week.

Everyone stay POP and be good to yourself.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #63  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone, or afternoon. It's been crazy here in Nashville this week.
Barbara - I love that your pic is always of you doing something, makes me want to get outside and move around some.

I'm kinda bummed, I went to my cod yesterday and I was down 4 lb - yay. but the two ladies who ran my center told me it was their last day. The cod recently switched to corp and there have been alot of changes but hopefully the new people will be okay. I am just worried about moving me up a plan. eh, whatever. I will stop whinning.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dionne, What wonderful news, and such a relief to you I'm sure! Now forgive yourself for being human, and just take this as a learning experience. Just give yourself a quick post mortem of how you might have handled it better and then forgive yourself and move on. I still have to work on conquering emotional eating, but finding other ways to comfort yourself is a good thing.

Nicole, the no bars thing is working for me. I think my stomach is getting flatter, which that is always my problem area.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Hey Everyone
How is everyone's week- so close to the weekend !!! Im excited
Katie, the balloon ceremony is a gorgeous idea. It is such a great way to send your respects.

Erin- I love LOVE your ticker. I can't wait to get mine! soon I hope
ALso I find that if I pack/measure/count my whole days worth of meals the night before, stick it in a bag and its ready to go. It makes the entire food issue go away. I don't get to go oh but that really sounds good, maybe I should have that= if its not in the bag I don't eat it.Plain and simple.

At my WI yesterday I had good results! Down 2.8lbs, in two days! I hope it just continues to go like this. I have been working my butt off, always on plan and drinking al ot of water.

I really just want to be happy & healthy- it would be the first time in my adult/teenage life that I would be healthy... Now that will be an accomplishment

*JESS*
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #66  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskahle View Post
ALso I find that if I pack/measure/count my whole days worth of meals the night before, stick it in a bag and its ready to go. It makes the entire food issue go away. I don't get to go oh but that really sounds good, maybe I should have that= if its not in the bag I don't eat it.Plain and simple.
You know, so many successful losers do this.........maybe I will try it for tommorrow.........

and can't you ladies get a ticker from the tickerfactory.com right away?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #67  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Nicole, I think you have to have 25 or 50 posts before you can do a ticker in your signature
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #68  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

I put my ticker in yesterday and didn't have a problem with it. I think I was maybe over 20?
I have also been trying to weigh and measure everything out as I buy it. Sandwich meats and breads and everything so when I get up in the a.m. I am able to just throw baggies in my lunch box and I'm ready to go. it's been much better that way and removes a ton of temptation.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #69  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
Nicole, I think you have to have 25 or 50 posts before you can do a ticker in your signature
Well, that's just dumb!
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #70  
Laurie

Oh Nicole. You make me laugh!! My coworker is looking at me like I have three heads right now!! I don't know why but your comment just tickled me.

My babies are doing great. Your little one is a doll. She is so precious and tiny. Unlike my toddler. He is 5 months old, 19 pounds and 29 inches long!! The docs say he is off the charts as far as his height and weight for his age. Gee - ya think so??

Last edited by chiquita623; 07-24-2008 at 03:04 PM.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #71  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Barbara for the advice. I always look forward to your inspiration.

When I get sad about wasting my weeks and gaining my husband just looks at me and says just get back to it and don't worry you have the rest of your life.

Jess- Just stick to the plan and you will be fine.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

actually you need 20 posts and have been a member for 20 days.

Sucky
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Jess - Great job! That's exactly what I do and I have lost 13lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. Hoping for 15 by beginning of week 4. *fingers crossed*

I never had the option of a ticker either because I am new but I was going in to edit my weight and I saw the option just appeared, so check often to see if you can add it!!!

Dionne I am also too hard on myself when I fall off. The guilt consumes me, then I cheat more. We need to learn to forgive ourselves....easier said than done though. Good luck getting back on track, sound like you have a super supportive DH.
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Jess, Great weigh in! I was so hoping that you'd have one.

Laurie, Good to see you back, I was just thinking about all the people who used to post and wondering what they are doing now and if they had managed to keep their weight off or not. You've kept most of your weight off, which is an accomplishment. My nephew was always off the charts for both weight and height too, and is now 6 foot 6 and about to start his senior year in high school. So perhaps your grandson is destined to play football like my nephew. It is fun to go to the games.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #75  
Laurie

The funny thing about my youngest grandson being so "big" is that his brother, who is 8 1/2 is only 46 inches tall and weighs around 50 pounds. He is a stringbean. But I suppose that goes back to the old adage that "everyone is different".

I'm off tomorrow so won't be posting but will be back either Sunday or Monday. DBF is doing his Richard Petty Driving Experience where he gets to drive a nascar type car on Saturday in Joliet so that will be a long day. I think I'll run up and down the stairs of the stands while he's doing his thing. It's supposed to last around 3 - 4 hours. And I'm taking a cooler with my food in it to keep me from temptation.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome backs. I plan on being around here more often. It really does help me to stay focused.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote