Looking for tips to get through Take Off

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Does anyone have ant tips to loose the most weight possible and also did anyone ever try the take off with cantalope instead of the drink?
  • I've done it with both catalope and oranges and the results have been mixed.. But when it worked, it usually worked very well.

Also, the best advice I can give for doing a TO includes:

1. Don't do a lot of exercise. Your body will react by holding onto everything you're putting into it during TO, slowing down your results.

2. Avoid beef. Beef takes longer to digest, so stick with light proteins like fish and poultry.

3. Get in all your water, if not a bit more. It will help you feel fuller and will aid in the "flushing" process the TO is used for.

4. Don't cheat.. Not even a little tiny bit.
  • did you find the oranges or cantalope work better?
  • I had my best take off results using grapefruits. However it was also rather an acidic experience. You eat half a grapefruit 4 times a day....
  • Canteloupe instead of juice?
    I am a very new newbie on week 2, just wondering if you use fruit instead or with it. Also does the TO change after the first one? I was unltd protien and green veg for my very first 2 days.

Thanks!
  • Yes, The initial take off, is actually sometimes referred to as a Fast Forward, and you get unlimited protein. A later in the program take off you are limited to 6 ounces of protein in a day. You also get 2 LAWL bars and 4 servings of juice or fruit. You use either the juice or the fruit. Typically if you use fruit, the choices are oranges (4), grape fruit (4 halves) or cantaloupe (I think 1/4 cantaloupe eaten 4 times during the day). TO is a bit harder to get through, as that is not a lot of food. Many people who don't do bars will just repeat the Fast Forward with unlimited protein later in the program if they are feeling they need a boost.
  • Question....I am starting to do the take off next week, it will be my first time, so basically if I don't purchase the juice, I can just eat 4 oranges a day? unlimited protien? unlimited green veggies? and 2 LAWL bars? ....can a few of you let me know how much you lost in the 2 days? and... did it stay off, or as soon as u went back to your normal diet, did it come back on? Thank you for the input!!
  • and can u use any condiments, like dressings? and eggs and egg whites are protien can u eat them?

• If you are using the bars, you only get 6 ounces of protein for the day.
  • And no dressings..

Eggs are fine, egg whites are better.. I've really grown fond of "Egg Beaters"... Looks more like real eggs and not just nasty whites...

For the record, I've had better luck with cantalope.. Seems to fill me up better.. I would just measure out 16oz of cut cantalope and snack on it 4 times a day...

If, and only if you get REALLY hungry to the point of running to a vending machine, have some cucumber handy.. Because if you're going to snack during TO, your only good alternative is green veggies... sprinkle with a tiny bit of Morton's Lite to satisfy those salty urges..
  • how many egg whites would equal 6oz of pro?
    how much did everyone loose on TO?
  • Ashley.. You should have a TO guide in your menu planner book..

Under the old Red Plan, which I still have here in my desk drawer, 6 oz equates to 12 egg whites (YIKES!) or a cup and a half of egg beaters..

Obviously you're not going to want (probably) to eat 12 egg whites, but I'd say 3/4 of a cup of egg beaters is completely tolerable, especially if you mix in some green chile or spinach.

All that said, I'm not sure how the new plans handle TO, so check with your COD..

Ideal loss with TO varies.. You can lose 2, you could lose 6.. It also depends on what's going on with water retention, stress factors, how closely you follow the plan, etc...

Some people use TO as a way to get back on track with the Plan.. While this has it's uses on occassion (like after a vacation or a business trip where staying on plan was difficult), it can often become a crutch and subconciously (or conciously) make you think it's ok to take a "weekend off"... DON'T let this happen or TO will lose its effectiveness!!
  • My typical diet on take off:

breakfast:
    4 scrambled egg whites - I add salt and pepper for taste
    snack:
    la lite bar
    lunch:
    large salad w/2oz grilled chicken w/lite ranch dressing
    snack:
    la lite bar
    dinner:
    steamed brocolli, steamed zuchinni both with I can't believe it's not butter spray, and 2oz grilled chicken

throughout the day I alternate drinking 8oz of juice and 16oz water to make sure I still get my 64 oz of water in. This usually keeps me pretty full, but on day 2 I tend to start craving in the evening so if I have to I will have a little more grilled chicken or a 3rd steamed veggie (usually brussell sprouts).

On take off I usually lose 2lbs, but sometimes it isn't until a couple of days after take off. The weight has always stayed off as long as I stay on plan following takeoff.
  • My center told me the last time I did a take off with the juice that for three days after the TO not to eat beef, pork, tuna, or frozen meals. They told me it actually was a 5 day process. It was the first I had heard of it. But I am doing it just in case.
  • Hey Everyone. Thanks for all the input, it helps alot!!