Old 10-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #1  

Default Getting SLIM-FAST in October

Hi everyone!
For those of you who are following the Slim-Fast plan, this is the place for you. We can support each other and chit-chat about the newest products ~ what we like, what we don't like. Feel free to jump in any time and share. Let's do this together and get slim fast in October!
mamaduck
mamaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 05:21 PM   #2  

Well, I finally started. I've been doing a book called "100 Days of Weight Loss" and in it there is a diet quiz. My quiz said I should be following a meal replacement program for the best success.

I lost 35 pounds 19 years ago when my youngest was born. And that was with the old system where we had to mix powder and fat-free milk. They didn't even have cans then. NOW we have muffin bars, cookie bars, ready made Optima shakes, etc.

So, I'm committing to this for the month of October. I'm not going to decide to quit until the end of the month to see my results. If that scale moves, I'm in for the long haul. How about you?
mamaduck
Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM   #3  

Okay, so I ate today and counted my calorie (AFTER) and came up with 1523. This seems to be okay as the ideal range is 1200-1500. I'm pretty full and satisfied.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #4  

I made it through my first day. I actually woke up hungry this morning. Now, that's a new and exciting thing. I've never let myself ever get hungry before. When I got out of bed, I immediately thought to myself "Today is a new day!. I'm gonna make it!

I'm having a Strawberry shake for breakfast this morning and it really is hitting the spot.

How's your day going so far?

Chilly this morning where I am! 38 degrees! Brrrr.........
Old 10-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Hey mamaduck!!! As I indicated to you in a PM, I am taking a little break from slim-fast but still highly recommend it. I have used it on and off for many years and mostly had a shake for breaskfast and a meal-on-the-go bar for lunch. It was responsible for the first 20 lbs of my loss this time around. I am now choosing low calorie options. I think I am finally at a point in my weight loss where I can allow myself real food without going crazy...

Where are all the other slim-fasters???? Everyone has been extremely quite. This can only mean one thing... you reached your goals and have left 3FC

Last edited by didjaever; 10-07-2008 at 10:04 AM.
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #6  

Way to go, didjaever!!! Love your positive attitude!!!!!
Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 AM   #7  

October 8! Eight woohoos for a great day!

Woke up feeling really good this morning! I'm also learning how to count calories instead of points! What a revelation!!

Last edited by mamaduck; 10-08-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/?/130

I have never used it before, but I am thinking this might be a good option for myself and my husband because we are new at the dieting thing, to get the hang of it, and while doing so research on counting calories correctly, and such.....any suggestions for a newbie?
PantheaWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantheaWoman View Post
I have never used it before, but I am thinking this might be a good option for myself and my husband because we are new at the dieting thing, to get the hang of it, and while doing so research on counting calories correctly, and such.....any suggestions for a newbie?
Slim-fast is a great way to keep your calorie count in check...but keep in mind that along the way you need to start learning about healthy meal options... eventually slim-fast will go away and you will need to make health choices...

TRY the chocolate royale shake... so thick and creamy!!
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:49 PM   #10  
Candace

S/C/G: 200/200/150

I need to lose about 50 pounds. I've tried Slim-Fast, but it leaves me sooo hungry. Is Slim-Fast a good way to lose weight? If so, what am I doing wrong? Any advice?
sadfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #11  

Candace,
I do think it is all in your mindset. If you know that the shake is a meal replacement shake, you drink it slowly just like it is a meal. I sometimes like to include a banana with it.

One of the best things about Slim Fast is that I have learned to count calories. I used to be on the WW program and we used points. I still had NO idea how many calories I was consuming. So if you divide your calories in a day, you can have more than the shake for breakfast if you are still hungry. I think its important to eat only when you're hungry, too. Wait another 15 minutes. If you are still hungry, eat a piece of fruit. If you aren't, you may be dealing with other issues (emotional eating).

Give it a try for a week ~ and be diligent about sticking to it. Give it an honest try before you decide.

I hope I've helped you.
mamaduck
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 AM   #12  

Happy Birthday to me!! I've always loved celebrating my birthday. It's the only time of the year I think about myself.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #13  
Candace

S/C/G: 200/200/150

MamaDuck:

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your advice. I was thinking, would this be a good idea? I LOVE banana milkshakes. So I was thinking, what if I blend a scoop of vanilla Slim Fast, a banana, skim milk, and a few ice cubes for my shake?

Also, where can I find out how many calories I need to limit myself to in order to lose weight? And should I be worried about fat grams, too?

Thanks so much
sadfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #14  

Candace,
Mmmmmm...bananas! I would think that is okay. You should probably go to the Slimfast website. You can click on a link where they can send you the plan (booklet) or you can download it on your computer to print out.

I'm not sure about the calories and fat stuff. I'm still trying to figure that out myself.
mamaduck
Old 10-12-2008, 03:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 125/106/105

Height: 5'4.5"

i've heard that to maintain your current weight, your calorie intake is
your weight * 10 + 20% for daily activity
to lose 1 lb of the weight per week, you need to take 500 cal less than that.
HrtChoco is offline   Reply With Quote