3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Any Slim Fasters? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/145277-any-slim-fasters.html)

MellyMay 07-01-2008 12:44 PM

Any Slim Fasters?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here was doing Slim-Fast? If so, is it working for you? I've been trying to do it for lunch only. It seems to be going OK, except for the fact that by 3 or so I could eat a horse.

Thanks,
Melly

didjaever 07-01-2008 01:47 PM

Melly:

I have been doing slimfast since Dec. 26 and it is working for me. I have lost 27 pounds...keeping between 1200-1400 calories a day. Slimfast just helps me to stay within my calorie limit. Of course, I could have lost more but I like my ice cream... What are you eating the rest of the day??

BREAKFAST
slimfast shake

MID-MORNING SNACK
80-100 calorie snack
(usually cheesestick, banana, crackers, 100 calorie pack)

LUNCH
Meal on the go bar
(my favorite is chocolate chip. I eat it slowly...usually over the course of 15 minutes)

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK
80-100 calorie snack
(usually cheesestick, banana, crackers, 100 calorie pack)

DINNER
300-400 calories
(usually chicken with a vegetable, lean cuisine, etc. my latest thing is anything on a wrap...much less calorie than a big roll)

SNACK
pop corn, triscuits, jello, sugar free pudding, etc.

It is important to remember that you have to eat about every 2-3 hours... You don't want your body to go into starvation mode.

bargoo 07-01-2008 02:55 PM

I did SF in conjunction with calorie counting. I still use SF to maintain loss.

MellyMay 07-01-2008 04:26 PM

I try to eat less of what I would eat normally. And, I'm adding more fruit and vegetables. I also am trying to drink tea (without sugar) and water instead of Coke. Hopefully this will work for me. It seems to have worked for you guys :)

Melly

PresleysMommy 07-01-2008 04:32 PM

i usually drink Slimfast for a snack. I love the taste and convenience of it.

The biggest reason for my weight gain is the SODA. I haven't had any today...so far so good! It's just stupid of me to drink it when I know I could lose weight without it. It does NOT taste better than thin feels....trust me! Good luck on the water and tea!

didjaever 07-02-2008 08:38 AM

I use to drinks tons of Pepsi One (maybe a 2-liter every two days). I know now why I was always sluggish. I drink mostly water now... I allow myself a diet soda maybe once a week. I feel 1,000 times better since cutting it out and switching to water. I was having withdrawal fits the first couple of weeks but now I don't miss it.

SunshineRunner 07-02-2008 06:51 PM

Hi Melly - I've been a SF user since I started -but I don't follow the plan. I use the Ready to Drink Shakes (Rich Chocolate Royale is my flavor of choice) and generally have one to get my day going. I snack often through the day and count calories, fiber, sodium, and protein. I'm never hungry through the day and I'm fairly certain it's due to my focus on fiber. :)