Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 12:41 PM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Here I am . . . . . . Late to the party again.

Started cleaning out closets first thing this morning and I'm now hot and exhausted even with the A/C going; but proud of myself. Eight large bags for the garbage and another three for the SallyAnne. I was ruthless. If it wasn't so hot and humid, I'd tackle the garage while I'm in "the mood", but afraid that will just have to wait.

Have a good day, gang . . .

Last edited by meowee; 07-08-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:26 PM   #62  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

S/C/G: 166/166/135

Height: 5ft 6in

Not much happening here. I'm going to go through my T-tapp stuff and see if I can find some activities that won't mess up my knee again. Maybe just do the chair routines.
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

It is 108°F/42°C. Some how the 42° sounds really awful. Where I used to work, we did temp in C°. When you aren't used to it, it doesn't mean much, but we always knew that over 40° was hot.

Last edited by gailr42; 07-08-2008 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:36 AM   #64  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Boy, Judi- it almost sounds like it was the bean seeds themselves. It's not too late to try again- they recommend several plantings throughout the summer. I'd just get my seeds somewhere else.

Crunchy- what's T-tapp?

Congratulations, meowee, on your clean closets! I'm envious, although I want the clean closets without the work.

I spent yesterday fencing in the vegetable garden- we have several raised beds- because the rabbits have been very prolific this year. We've always had a dog in the past, and he kept things under control. Now that it's summer, I really miss him again. Although, he was terrified of fireworks, so I was happy that he didn't have to live through another 4th of July.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Liz- I'm sorry about your dog. Do you plan on getting another dog? Bruiser sat on my lap during the fireworks because he was so scared but he did look in the sky and watch them.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:01 PM   #66  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

Liz, T-tapp is exercises designed by Teresa Tapp. I'd post a link to her site, but can't include links yet.
If you google it, you'll find her. The DVD's are expensive, but you can download some free videos to try out.
Making cauliflower poppers today. Think I'll portion them out into zip lock bags so I don't eat the whole head in one day like I did last time I made them.
For those who have never made them,
Cut/break a head of cauliflower into small chunks. Put in ziplock bag, spray Pam in and shake around. Pour on a Pam coated pan and sprinkle with seasoning of your choice. Bake in a 35o degree oven until crunchy and brown.
WARNING Too many of these can lead to excessive time in the bathroom
Yes gang, it is possible to eat too many veggies in a day.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:18 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Yum Crunchy, I'll have to try your cauliflower poppers.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #68  
Onward and Downward

Yes indeed, they do sound good. I think cauliflower is one of the most versatile inventions known to womankind.

And a happy Thursday morning to one and all . . .
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #69  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

lol crunchy! I thought you were tap dancing or a variation of that! and the cauliflower sounds really good- I love cauliflower anyways!

No, teacher, I don't think we're going to get another dog. They're so much work, but I think you really don't realize how much until you don't have one anymore. Plus, we don't have any kids at home anymore, so we're free to come and go as we please, and cats just fit into that home life better. He was 15 when he died, so he was a big part of our lives and left a big hole, so I think that will slowly take time to fill. What we really realized with him was how it's so exciting to get a new pet, but you never think ahead to when they're old and decrepit, and you need to make life decisions about them. It's a really difficult part of owning a pet.

Enough of that- it's the end of strawberry season here, so last night I made a huge salad for dinner with fresh spinach, strawberries, avocado, sliced and toasted almonds and warm chicken. I put on a FF raspberry vinaigrette dressing, and it was delicious! I was thinking it almost sounds like something Gail would make!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #70  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

Dh even likes the cauliflower poppers and they fill my need for something crunchy.
Liz, I understand about your dog. We lost our old maltese a couple years ago. But we bought another pup a few months before because we knew she was filing fast. Then we rescued a maltese mix from a shelter. He was going to be put down because he was elderly and has lots of health problems.
I have sworn an oath that these are the last dogs.
The little one (6lbs) is a hellion. We've always called him our ratwiller. But the man who came out to set up dh's oxygen last week said he should be called a bratwiller.
When I get around to it, I'll put a pic of him on as my avatar.
Morning all.
Gotta take dh to the Dr. today.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 182/176/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi, just a quickie post to say thanks for the responses to my last post. I've been incorporating Volumetrics principles into my diet this past week and am down 2 lbs. After reading crunchy's post, I'm thinking of combining Volumetrics with the Core as well. The Core literature looks almost like it was lifted from Volumetrics!

But I haven't been doing so well on the exercise front. Instead, like meowee, I've been in closet cleaning mode.

Oops, time is short, better get ready for work!
Hope everyone is having a great week.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:44 AM   #72  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . and I really, really mean that . . . finally the humidity has dropped down to tolerable levels and it is going to be just plain nice today.

Hope everybody else gets a sunny and pleasant day today, too . . .

Last edited by meowee; 07-11-2008 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

It is still very hot here. It is supposed to "cool down" to a high of 103° by Sunday. It is also still smokey. It is about all I can do to keep up with the watering. We don't have a lot of water pressure, so getting it all done is a bit of a challenge. We also have tons of flies that manage to get in the house.

Yesterday the guy came to install the satellite internet connection. He was here all morning starting at 7am. After he left, I spent quite a bit of time familiarizing myself with the system and trying to figure out my new MP3 player.

The heat, the watering, the flies and the computer stuff sort of got to me yesterday, and I didn't do all that well with my eating. Trying to understand the MP3 player is very stressful for me. I am just so totally clueless!

Last edited by gailr42; 07-11-2008 at 10:01 AM. Reason: The cat lay down on the keyboard and made additons.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 208/197.6/140

Height: 5'2

hello everyone. I just started Volumetrics yesterday when the book arrived. Im glad to see that there is a thread about this plan. Any tips and advice would be great!
As for me Im 22, married for 3 years with 2 children. Right now we live in MO. but I was born and raised in San Diego for 22 years ( we just moved here about 2 months ago)
But right now Im at 208. Im just doing 10 percents at this time, but I hope one day maybe I can get to 140. But baby steps is what Im doing right now.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #75  
Quit Smoking July 26, 07

Morning all.
Harmony, the woman who wrote the volumetric book was on staff at WW when the core plan was designed so they are very similar. Then they had a parting of the ways. Don't know why. So there are some minor differences.
It is supposed to be hot again today. Hope this breaks and we get some rain soon. I live in Oregon, so we are used to lots of rain, but not day after day of a strange yellow ball in the sky.
Welcome Beewife. Glad you joined us. If you have any questions about the core plan that some of us are using along with Volumetrics, I'd be glad to share what I know.
Closed Thread