Old 06-26-2008, 06:58 PM   #61  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Hay Peggy! Question what's on the Menu for the weekend I have been stuggling with Lake food and camping food. I need help!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 256/234/160

Ok, my dd is 9 and you're scaring me! (Picture hands over eyes!) I can hear my own mom laughing...paybacks and all.

Welcome Tanner! I'm a newbie too and just catching on. There's tons of support here and lots of nice people.

My center is closing in July, so yesterday I asked for all the literature I needed, all the way through maintenance. Surprisingly, she gave it to me! She said we'd be able to get to LA on the go as well, but that's not starting up until July 25th, the day the doors closed. Has anyone heard of this new site?

The smoke from Dan's fires (if you're in CA, Dan) has got us in a stage 2 pollution alert. Everyone's to stay indoors; particularly hard on the kids because they haven't been out in days. They say we have at least another few days of this! Headaches and sore throats, people having a hard time breathing...it's not a good thing.

Gonnabe, 5 miles is rockin'!
gotsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #63  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Cecilia...lots of fruit, raw veggies, chicken pecs, carrot salad and coleslaw, herbal teas (will miss my Fireball in my Chai tea), nutribars...um...that's about it. Normal cereal for breakfast.

Also...chicken burgers...marinated tofu (ick...but I'll try anything)

Last edited by Sige; 06-27-2008 at 01:21 PM.
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, Your neighbor is totally right. Just love them, and let them know that your reasons for almost everything is due to love and concern. As parents so little is truly under our control. God gives us the children that he designed, and not the ones that we dreamed of having. The paths their lives take are really between them and the Lord. We start out at the center of our children's lives, and if we do a very good job of being a mom, we move on to being just a supporting cast member in the drama of their lives. Hopefully one that is a regular member of the cast and not just a bit part with no lines after they become adults. As my daughter becomes more of an adult, I find her becoming more of a friend.

Gotsa, Don't be afraid! I know it is terrifying, but it has some really great moments too. You made it through the terrible twos... You can survive
the teen angst too. My mom says that they become awful so we can bear to let them go, because if they didn't, we'd never let go.

Katie, Good luck for the DH on the new job. How scary! Did you have a nice birthday? Are you the just busy making cheese now?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 10:38 AM   #65  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Haha, no, not making cheese. Bread, actually. I am trying really hard to make most things from scratch at my house. I am getting more and more concerned about all of the chemicals that we ingest along with our food and other stuff. So far here is my mastered list: Food: Bread, pasta, well, anything that can be baked, actually. Also cheese, mayo, barbeque sauce, butter, most sauces, ice cream, etc. Non Food: Dishwasher soap, toilet bowl and sink scrub, laundry soap, dryer sheets, kitchen and bathroom spray, glass cleaner, toothpaste, deoderant, shampoo, lotion, and lip gloss. I know it seems crazy, but both of my parents have cancer. All I can think is that living in such a toxic world is doing this to us. I am determined to do better by my kids and myself and husband. Okay, so down off of my soap box, LOL.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #66  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone.
not too terrible of a day for me. i start my new, fantastic work schedule next week..which now i only work fridays from 5am-11am. but i have a feeling that they will try to call me next week and ask me to work. i'm sorry to say, but i don't think i will be answering my phone! ha. they all know that i'm the queen of screening my calls, but i'm sure they will still try. oh well. not my problem anymore.

anyways..it's been overcast pretty much all day, rainy off and on too. it looked like it was going to clear up there for a little bit, and i thought i was going to take the kids for a swim, but no such luck. oh well. i went and tanned after work (still bad, i know!) and then got in a great workout. made me feel a bit better after my not-so great week of eating.
and i already have a plan in place for my mon-thurs now that i'm not working and the kids are going to continue their normal routine until august...so i plan on waking up early (7ish or before..since normally i'm up at 4am everyday for work) and then getting my workout in right away as soon as i wake up. otherwise i will get too busy or procrastinate it all day long and not do it.
and then i have plans to box up all the old, too big clothes and stuff i don't wear anymore and will never wear anymore and take it to the goodwill.
so that's my plan at least for the next week. (well the workout plan will stay in place) but i need to get my closets organized and would love to get the last remaining boxes (mostly my books!) that got shoved into a closet in december when we moved in and get them out and unpacked.
so yeah.. lots to do.
i just hope i don't procrastinate my time away and lounge around and drink coffee all day and do nothing! ha!

anyways..i hope everyone is having a good end to the week.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #67  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

wow..another long rambling post from me.
can you tell that my dh has been gone for way tooooooo long and i don't have much adult interaction? ha!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #68  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey guys.......sorry I have been a bit scarce........I have been a tad bit off plan the last couple of days.......and you know how that goes.....

anyway, I have been busy sprucing up my flower beds the last two days, and they look so pretty I replaced my mulch with jet black mulch, and wow, what a difference it makes.

so, I have to run again......but wanted to send out a big fat to Katie and to say heeeeyyyy to everyone I will check back later when I find my table and counters again
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:41 PM   #69  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Happy Friday!!

I did pretty well today diet wise - until - well we just had chinese food I have been craving it for the past week - I mean CRAVING it! I will start chugging the water now!

Hope you all ended your day better than I did

Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:30 PM   #70  

Red face

Been MIA. Trying to redo my kitchen.
Then it gets HOT here, cant paint . ..............
I gained almost 2 pounds ,so really getting on the wagon this week.
Other than that everything is so so here.
Roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote