Old 06-10-2008, 07:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 283.4/251.6/135

Height: 5'3"

Default My journey has begun!

Hello, everyone!

My name is Katy. I'm 24 years old. I weigh 283 pounds and am 5'3".

My weight gain began ten years ago when I became depressed and turned to food. I have recently learned to better control my comfort food urges, and have finally decided to seriously approach my weight problem. I know that it is a health issue, and with my history of heart problems, it is important to get healthy now.

I officially signed up at LA Weight Loss yesterday. I am on the two-day Take-Off. It's only 7:30am. I haven't had breakfast yet, so I can't tell you how it's going. It is sandwich bar day at work today though, and I was looking forward to it... so that will be difficult to resist. I think I'll make it through okay though.

I found 3FC while searching for LAWL forums. I hope this will be a great tool for information and support throughout my journey. It will be a long one, but I'm so ready for it.

If anyone has any advice for a LAWL newbie such as myself, please let me know!

I would also love to hear from people who have lost or are also aiming to lose over 100 pounds to learn about your experiences.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by my thread! Have a wonderful day!
KatDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Katy!!!

You have a plan and you're all set to go! You can do this

I'm not a LAWL member, but I am an avid 3FC fan. People all over the site are supportive, and friendly. We really want to see others succeed. So while I don't have any plan-specific advice for you, I can say "No matter how bumpy or hilly or mountain-like this road gets, continue forward." If you stumble, don't stay down!

Enjoy all the perks of being healthier as you lose weight. They're precious.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:05 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi Katy!!
Welcome to the circus...

You've come to the right place for support and advice.. We're here to help as long as you help us too!

I've always felt that you have to be in the right mental place to lose weight and your first day on TO will be a good test to see if you can resist..

Just imagine how good you'll feel by resisting the sandwich bar.. The mental (and physical) victory will charge you up with positive vibes and you will feel great about your decision...

On the flip side.... Sure, the sandwich may taste good for a few minutes, but you'll feel really guilty about giving in and then get down on yourself for not sticking to plan... I would opt for the positive feelings over the bad!!!

LAWL is a plan that MUST MUST MUST be stuck to by the letter, especially when you begin.. Any deviations will affect your potential weight loss and slow you down.. After a few months of consistant loss, you can get away with a few deviations here and there, but I really advise against it.. Give yourself an inch and before you know it, you'll go a mile...

You can do it!!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #4  

Hi Katy!
Welcome and Good Luck!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Katy,

Don't be afraid, the plan is not going to leave you starving and miserable. You can live on this plan. The first two days are not what the rest of the plan is going to be like, just kind of a detox phase. You have made the committment to change, and that is the first biggest step. You can most definitely do this! Don't be afraid to join in!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #6  

Hi Katy!
The first two days can be challenging but stick with it and you'll see results. How is your first day going so far? Did you make it through the sandwich bar temptation?
mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #7  

I did make it through the sandwich bar temptation! There weren't many choices, but I did opt for a nice leafy green salad and some raw green veggies. Even though the sandwiches looked really good, I didn't feel the temptation once I was eating my salad and remembered that I was doing the right thing.

I'm going to pick up some groceries tonight. Tomorrow is my favourite lunch of all - MEXICAN! The tacos will be really hard to resist, so I'm just going to bring my own lunch and maybe avoid the staff room altogether. If the weather's nice, maybe I'll even eat outside.

I do feel pretty hungry right now, but I haven't eaten many proteins today. Going to make sure I have a good meaty dinner.

Last edited by KatDev; 06-10-2008 at 06:24 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 PM   #8  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Hi Kat...Welcome! I'm fairly new here myself (I've actually posted more than it shows but I got deleted in the bad crash lol).

I joined LAWL about a month ago and I've lost 15 lbs already. The only time I have felt hungry is when I've eaten later than normal.

The only thing I wish I had known from the start is there are cheaper options in the stores to the LA Lites and the shakes and stuff that LAWL offers as part of their plan. Read around this site...it has amazing information!

Good luck to you...YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Peggy
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Katy - glad to hear you are doing well, buying groceries and staying away from making choices at work are really important to your success this early in the game. In the beginning I literally had to plan my whole day in the morning so that I could stay away from being faced with choices - I have never been successful when I make choices AT breakfast or AT lunch or AT dinner, so most of my success has been because I pack all my food. Once I got through a month or so, I was able to actually go out and enjoy lunch with friends and was not tempted to cheat. This was because I was losing so consistently that it helped keep me in the right frame of mind!

Welcome and good luck
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:16 AM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Really good points Julie!!

Good idea, Katy, about staying away from the lunch room... You're making all the right moves!

Just remember to read those lables at the store and stay away from the processed foods as much as you can!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #11  

I brought my own lunch to work today. I had to heat it up in the lunch room. Once I was there, I really didn't feel tempted to eat the food that was out. I brought my own salmon fillet and ate some salad. I was surprised that I didn't feel the urge at all.

I was very good - ate my snacks, drank all my water, had a good fill of both protein and veggies.

I had an appointment at LAWL today...

I've already lost two pounds!

I start on plan #4 tomorrow.

Last edited by KatDev; 06-11-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:26 AM   #12  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Way to go Kat!!! Congratulations!!!

*Imagine a pic of a dog doing a happy dance here...they don't let you post pics until you've been around at least 30 days.*

Peggy
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #13  

I have a blog now, so I will continue to update there. If you're interested, click the link

<------------over there

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

*off too explore the forum*

Last edited by KatDev; 06-12-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #14  

5 pounds! WOOHOO!

Motivation still running high. Didn't even crave the McDonald's my boyfriend had for dinner last night.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Awesome
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote