Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #16  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Dan- Congrats on finishing the race... well done!

Roma- Great to hear about your pants... keep it up!

Amy - Hang in there and try to grab the things you know will help your brain.. lean protein and veggies and fruit and all that good stuff, then crack down on the plan later, you will thank yourself for it.

Dionne- sometimes it is nice to break the plan and then get back at it.. be good to yourself.. no guilt! *hugs*

Nicole- great to hear from you, I hope you are all hanging in there!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM   #17  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Wow..........seems like forever since I've been able to post on here Life has been a wonderful whirlwind. My aunt and uncle and family friends came down this weekend. My mom was already here, and we had a great time. I even managed to stay OP.......don't ask me how.....but I did it!!! I am in a good frame of mind right now, and it feels SOOOOO good........and so........

I want to say, Amylou........that it is time to get your $hit together. I don't really care if you are studying for the bar or not.........you are done giving in to your inner self defeating fat girl. No guilt (it really serves no positive purpose).......no crying........just get back up and go for round 2. It isn't hard......it's easy..........as soon as you decide to do it.........it feels SOOOOOOO good!!!! Your clothes will feel looser in 2 weeks. You will feel prettier, sexier, more powerful........and even smarter!!! You will do so much better on your bar exam if you are taking good care of yourself........and people who take good care of themselves eat well and exercise. They make time for their physical well being. Noone is too busy. Everyone has time. You, my friend, can do this............so......what are you going to have for lunch? Make it easy...........go out to lunch and have a fabulous salad with grilled chicken. Go with friends..........destroy the water pitcher at the table......and feel good. Let me know how it goes

And that goes for all of you...........be good to yourselves!!! Like Lynn used to tell us........"nothing tastes as good as thin feels!" Strawberries are in season.............slice some up with a spoon of splenda.........top it with a dallop of FF coolwhip.......and enjoy. It is sooo yummy, and it fills you up a lot!!!! Cut up an apple and dip it in real PB. It tastes like dessert!!!! Go out and order a salad.........from someplace that makes a killer one..........it feels good to order healthy. It is so easy........just let yourself do it!!!!

I have so many personals I want to catch up on...........and I miss you all........but I have to go eat my energy laden delicious lunch right now. I need the fuel, and I will enjoy the flavor!!!!!

Oh, and here is my grandbaby...just incase you haven't gotten to see her yet

She was 7 lbs 9 oz and 20 1/4 inches long.......but now she is 8 lbs 14 oz My DD is nursing her and doing sooo well!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Dan - AWESOME

Dionne - i didn't do so well this weekend either - after about 4 smirnoff ice lites I threw caution to the wind and decided to go for the regular smirnoff ice and had about 3 more - after that I think I ate a RIB! It was my son's birthday party... I had to have a little fun! I did act responsibly in the sense that I waited until after I taxied all the kids home to party with the adults...

Roma - I know what you are saying about the pants! I went shopping this weekend and even though I know these pants that I found must be sized differently than other brands I was excited to get into a size 8!

Debbie - if Nicole can write "$hit", I don't see why you can't write "a$$" - they are from the same family anyway

Have a great Monday everyone!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 02:50 PM   #19  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone... Just wanted to stop in!! I should find out the babys gender this Friday! Think Pink!

Hope everyone is doing well..

Nicole!! Congrats on your grandbaby! She is sooo cute!! I cant wait for mine to get here!!!!

Last edited by bradleys mom; 06-09-2008 at 02:53 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 PM   #20  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Yeah, Dan...congrats on your race...what a great accomplishment!!

Okay, I have done really bad...just can't get my stuff together. Just reading Nicole a$$ kicking to Amylou...I took it to heart...I've got no more excuses not to straighten up and eat right...so I will, thanks Nicole.

Also, that's a cute pic of Maria...was it taken at the hospital...'cause otherwise what's with the baby house arrest anklet..
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #21  
Post-Master

yes, Paula.....it was taken at the hospital!!! You have had a lot going on......it is way super easy to get off plan.......but it is just as easy to get back on How is DH doing? Is he driving you nuts yet?
XOXO
Old 06-09-2008, 05:44 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Paula, Don't forget to take care of yourself too! I have to keep reminding myself of this, and keep getting back to behaving myself.

Amy, Don't be too hard on yourself. You are only human and as human beings we are all weak at times. Just make whatever steps you can make to do better, even if they are baby steps and you have moved from the king sized M&M's to the regular size. Sometimes I find just focusing on eating my veggies helps me. Plus getting some exercise. Whenever I can't exercise somehow my discipline in my eating just slips away and I'm back to just eating horrible. I don't know why that is, so take a baby step, walk around the block and eat a carrot, and you'll feel better.

I was feeling rather depressed on Friday after being in pain for a few days with a bad back and neck and broke into the left over halloween candy! Speaking of us all being human. So I felt so bad about the snickers bar that I ate the bag of M&M's and then we ordered in pizza and split a bottle of wine, and the next day I felt so fat and disgusted with myself. Oh well, I just got back to sane eating and now a few days later it is literally like it never even happened, and my back is finally better. I do have issues with poor eating when I don't feel well, but the good news is that I was relatively on plan for the first couple of days and only had one lapse, not a week long binge that feeling like this used to bring on. So I'm getting better, even if I'm far from perfect. So now there is no halloween candy left in the house (gave my DD the last peice) at least that I know about there might be some tucked away somewhere, but I think it is best that I not go poking around looking for it, as I apparently can not be trusted. At least I didn't have it in the normal food cupboard, or it would have been eaten long ago.

Dan, I'm so glad you finished. That is a great accomplishment! You really must have been focused on the race to not notice your hand was cut. I'm sure that losing the weight made it possible for you to do that. Imagine dragging an extra 105 pounds up that hill! I really noticed when I went backpacking how much easier life is when you are carrying less weight.

Nicole, Good for you for being so good on plan! Maria looks just precious! We all knew that Emily was likely to be a great mom, as how could she not be with such a great example.

Dionne and Julie, I feel your pain.... I guess we are all insane about food in different situations, and alcohol has never been known to improve my decision making either!

Kimberly, How are you feeling sweetie? Take good care of yourself!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 PM   #23  
Katie

Height: 5'1

What????? You HAD leftover Halloween candy?! I think that having candy in the house from October to June without eating it is pretty dang impressive!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:51 PM   #24  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

So, I went to WI today and was up another 4/10 a pound. So, I am now officially back in the 160's. I have 13 weeks left to loose 35 pounds. Right now I am just focusing on trying to eat correctly. I didn't get to go to the gym. My hip is still hurting but seems to be getting better after Naproxen and heating pad. I can hopefully get back to the gym at the end of the week. My DH had an interview on Friday and still haven't heard anything. He has had a lot of recruiters call him about different positions but only the one interview. I keep telling myself we will be fine and God has a plan for us. However, I have to admit it is hard when we have a vacation at the end of the month and we have paid for everything up front except the food and gas while there. My DH says we are going on this vacation. We are both just hoping that he gets a job with someone and can start work when we come back off vacation. All of ya'lls prayers would be appreciated. We have been without jobs before and the first time we went two months and the second time it was about 4 1/2 months before he found something. I really don't want to go back to work but come July if nothing for him we have to make the house note somehow.

Sorry, for the rambling. I have been POP today although the chips in the pantry are really calling my name. I hope that everyone is having a great day.

And if you fell off the wagon, just hope right back on and start at it again. I'll talk to ya'll later. I have to go cook some chicken.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #25  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
What????? You HAD leftover Halloween candy?! I think that having candy in the house from October to June without eating it is pretty dang impressive!
I'm with Katie.........candy would never have lasted that long around me, Barbara. I hope you are feeling all better......there is NOTHING worse than back and neck pain.

Dionne..........girl....I feel for you........a man needs to work......for so many reasons. I am glad you will still get to go on your vaca. Hang in there......something will turn up soon

Dan..........yes, congrats on finishing your race. I am very envious. I so want to be strong again. A former fat guy riding 50 miles is quite the inspiration.........maybe I can try again

Amylou............you out there???

Kmberly.....congrats on the pink news How exciting. Do you have any names picked out yet?

Hi Roma and Julz!!!

Ok, time for sleepy for this girl. I picked 16 quarts of strawberries at my farmer friends berry patch today. I am LOVING it!!!! And......I am wiped out..........a lot of outside play for me today Hang in there everyone!!!!
XOXO
Old 06-10-2008, 08:51 AM   #26  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hello Chickies and Dan! Sorry it has been so long, but I have been traveling and out of the office alot lately.

Nichole - Love the new baby. She is just gorgeous

AmyLou - Congrats on graduation and get focused on the WL.

Dan - Congrats on the race. My butt hurts just thinking about a 50 mile bike ride.

Dionne: God does have a plan for us and He will provide for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Well I am happy to say that I am finally focused on this WL thing again. Traveling is not WL friendly and stress is not either. I did the Stillmans diet over the weekend and dropped 4 lbs so that got me within 3 lbs of my lowest weight. Now I just have to apply the LAWL plan and stick to it. So far it has been good. I hope to reach 140 by July 4th (?) That is 4/5 lbs so surely I can do it.

Log Cabin News! The builder has not started. He was suppose to start the week of Memorial Day, but is running behind. I have logs on the ground but no activity. I am hoping that he can start by the first of next week. This is his plan or so he says (again). I'm not anxious, at least I don't have a bank note to worry about (yet).

Does anybody know what happened to the regulars? Debster, Tina, Lynn, Pearl, etc?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #27  
LAWL Salt Police

Amy... Four days later and my butt STILL hurts from it, and that's even having worn padded shorts!

You can do it Nicole.. Small steps get you back in the race...

Another busy day for me.. I get to dress up as Smokey Bear for some day care kiddos.. Should be fun!!

Talk to you all soon..

Be one with your POP!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:08 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Dan - Congrats on finishing. Sorry about the cut, i hope you are feeling better with that.

Amy - so nice to see you. Try to get back on since you know that you will do better when being OP. GL with your studies.

Nicole - Your grandbaby is so adorable! WTG DD for nursing. You're a great mama Nicole and she is also.

Julie - Dont let the weekend get you down, that was the past and you need to look to the future. We are going to have days like that but you just need to get right back on and be strong. i'm gonng go post my blinkie after i get done with personals. I really do hope its ok to type A$$ on here.

Kimberly - how exciting, let us know how it goes. I cant send you any pink vibes because sadly i dont have any

Barbara - hope your neck and back is feeling better and i'm glad you were able to get back on track after the candy incident. WTG. Also i remembered that you asked. It feels great being under 140lbs and my clothes is falling off. Everyone is noticing and i'm just so much happier. I was around 140lbs when i met DH 10yrs ago so i'm glad to be back. 140lbs was also my original goal in 2005 when i started LAWL.

Dionne - I hope your hip gets better soon. GL to your DH on finding a job. I hope everything works out, i'm sure it will. Try to have some fun on the vacation since it is already paid for but i guess if your DH had a job to come home too it would make the vaca more fun. GL to him again.

Amy, Katie & everyone else out there

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #29  
Post-Master

Good day everyone

No time to play right now.......just wanted to stop in and read up and say hello .

Debbie.....love you little pink blinky!

Time to change the laundry.............life is finally starting to get back to normal........seems kind of weird
XOXO
Old 06-10-2008, 01:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Debbie, You have done great! Even if you don't lose anymore before you go on your trip, everyone is going to be so impressed that you are back down so low after having 3 babies. I love your blinkie. My inner fat girl needs a bit of a$$ kicking from time to time.

Amy, Hope they get those logs started sometime soon! It should be so exciting when they actually do start. 3 lbs from your lowest is really quite the accomplishment after spending so much time traveling and having the stress of construction. Life has it ups and downs, and you are managing to keep the weight off. I know how hard it can be, as stuff happens to get you off track.

Nicole, 16 quarts sounds like a lot. I used to grow strawberries (until they spread wildly all over and the neighbors got upset about that) and made some really great freezer jam. Perhaps I'll buy some local ones and do that again. Although I imagine with the gloomy and cold weather we've been having they may come in late here this year. There has been snow in the upper elevations lately. It is rare in June to

Tomorrow we leave to go down for a couple of days in Napa and then a visit with my in-laws. I arranged a wine tour, where you get taken to several different wineries for tasting. I will have to remember to eat something so I don't have katie's experience with the wine tasting. Today we are having a going away lunch for a coworker who has a 3 month sebatical at PF Changs. I don't know what you can have there that is not horrible, and they tend to order family style, so it is really hard to be good. Last time we went there, I think we ordered every appetiser and every dessert that they had. So hard to resist. I think I'm gong to try to drink all kinds of water now. So I'm full of something before we go, and trying to counter act the salt before it hits my system.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote