Amy- Well, at least you are trying!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 PM   #47  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Nicole- Well, dammit, I know that you were trying to avoid the C Section. Of course, may she will still cooperate at the last minute. How is DD doing with the news of the C section?
She is ok with it. Last week, she was almost excited about the thought of not having to go through labor. She did ask the doctor about possibly turning the baby.....but since DD is just a few days short of 40 weeks, the doc says it would be doubtful and it poses it's own risks......such as pulling the placenta away or cord issues. She is a pretty conservative doc........and Emily trusts her, as do I. After hearing the doctor talk about all the risks, such as bleeding, hysterectomy, bladder damage, infection, etc.....she got a little more scared. I am bummed out cuz I can't be there to hold her hand, as they only allow one person in the operating room.......but I am going to try to talk them into it on friday. You never know Anywhooo, as long as DD and baby are safe.........everything else will be fine
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:40 PM   #48  
Katie

Height: 5'1

She is a minor. I would think that if you pushed it, they would let you.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #49  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Nicole - Sorry the baby didn't turn, but I will be thinking about you and Emily tomorrow. I am going to have to make a point of checking in here during the weekend for news!

Deer - Never had deer until this year. He can go away now! I opened my front door to find a HUGE one (well, he looked huge) standing next to my porch sampling my rhododendrons. I swear both the deer and I had this expression... We also have turkeys, who like to circle the house, gobbling and bashing their heads into my cellar windows,or shiny car wheels (it's always the males.... hmmm...). DH calls me Marlon Perkins because he tried to run them off and I yell at him.

Down 2 lbs this week so far! We did end up walking 9 holes yesterday, so there's 2.5 miles. No workout tonight - it's my 15th anniversary and I think we are going to the movies.

Have a great weekend! (I'm off tomorrow)
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:59 AM   #50  
Post-Master

WTG, Kim...........I noticed your ticker on the other thread this morning......keep up the good work!!! So you have turkeys......and I have guinea hens. They too enjoy a nice shiny bumper or wheel. They live at the farm at the end of our street, and they wander all over my block. It is hysterical. Enjoy your day off

MY NECK.............I woke up this a.m. and there is a huge knot just below my shoulder blade and it is giving me crank neck!!!!!!!!! I haven't had it in a long time...........but it happens every now and then........I just wake up with it out of the blue!!!! It is usually associated with stress..........and it sucks so bad, cuz nothing can make it go away. It is a sharp, hindering pain, and I have no clue how I am going to get everything done that I need to get done today. I took two naporxins.......so keeps your fingers crossed for me. The only time it doesn't hurt is if I am lying flat on my back with pillows just the right way.............

Where is everyone lately? I am thinking of Amylou and Jillian and Elizabeth.........and a lot of people. Come out come out wherever you are.........

Ok, time to pretend it doesn't hurt and get my butt to work. I am so excited for tomorrow. I cried all afternoon about DD's surgery, and I hope I am over it so I don't have to cry again today. It is really inconvenient to be such a sap.
XOXO
How do you like David Cook?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM   #51  
Katie

Barbara- Labradorite is a good stone for weight loss. Also, if you feel like your emotions drive your hunger and weight, some chakra stones are really helpful. Your heart chakra balances with a pink crystal, like rose quartz. Your solar plexus, which has a lot to do with your self esteem balances with a yellow stone like citrine or golden calcite. For energy, I really like clear quartz points. They are a high vibrating stone, so they hold (and share) a lot of energy.

We had a baby moose in our yard once, but my tiny chihuahau chased it away. Go figure, huh?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #52  
Katie

Nicole- Do you have any lavender oil? If so, take a hot bath with a little in the water or make a hot compress with a wash rag and several drops of lavender to hold on the knot. That should really help you relax and the knot to go away. Sorry you are hurting! I hear you on the crying. I have done a lot of it lately too. It just comes out of the blue, like when I am cooking dinner or something random.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #53  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
I hear you on the crying. I have done a lot of it lately too. It just comes out of the blue, like when I am cooking dinner or something random.
Ok......so I have to be honest....and since we are real friends.....this made me laugh !!!! a lot!!!! I feel your pain!!!

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 05-22-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #54  
Katie

Haha, thanks friend! We should start a wuss club. We can be co-presidents.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 AM   #55  
Just For Today

S/C/G: 287/170/155

Height: 5' 10"

Morning gang, I seem to be stuck in one spot. Not losing, but not gaining, so I guess I shouldn't complain. I'm going to try switching up my variety again. Some yummy fruits and veggies are coming back into season. I just dread buying too much since we are moving soon, I've kinda been trying to clear out my frozen veggies.

Nicole, how exciting! I realized I keep checking here for updates on the baby, I was even thinking about while I was mowing the lawn last night. Keep us posted.
loserjulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #56  
LAWL Salt Police

Geez.. Is it football season yet?

Babies? Crying? Lavendar Oil?

Just kidding of course, but still... Guess that's what I get for being on a site called "3 Fat CHICKS", right?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM   #57  
Katie

All right Dan, bend over!!!

I tried a yummy way to eat an apple today. I shredded it in a bowl, chopped some fresh mint to stir into it, added a few drops of Stevia, and squeezed a lime over it. Mojito Apple Slaw. It was fantastic. I ate it with a grilled chicken breast. It was a delicious combo.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #58  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. haven't posted all week..been pretty stressful, overwhelmed and overall not doing so great. i guess everything is just getting to me lately. most days/weeks i'm ok, but it's all just getting to be too much and i'm really emotionally exhausted. anyways..that's about it.
gotta go. the kids are 'bout to kill each other!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, You have great danes and the chihuahua is the one chasing the moose? Perhaps he just mistook it for another great dane? I'll have to look into the crystals for weight loss and energy. That apple recipe sounds really good.

Dan, Sorry football is still months away. Has New Mexico stopped burning for awhile? It seemed like there were a lot of early fires this year. Has Liz started her new job yet?

Nicole, Tomorrow for the birth. How exciting! I imagine everything will go relatively smoothly, as she is young and relatively healthy. Hopefully she will bounce back quickly from the birth, and not be distressed about the scar or the shape of her body post partum. I could see teenage angst on top of post partum hormones being a bit of a trial though. So she is going to need a lot of love and support for awhile, but it sounds like she has it in spades.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:13 PM   #60  
Katie

Barbara- Yeah, go figure. My mini weiner dog was in on that on too. The danes are big chickens. You should see the way they cower and hide in thunder storms. It's almost embarassing!