3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Tortilla Ideas (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/142255-tortilla-ideas.html)

heidz1234 05-13-2008 12:50 PM

Tortilla Ideas

Hi Everyone,
Other than putting protein into a tortilla...do you guys have any new ideas???
I want to start eating them as a starch but I want to maybe make it a little sweet....any ideas

chan 05-13-2008 01:10 PM

I use tortilla's for pretty much everything ...
Berries & Cool Whip on top of a heated torilla is great!

heidz1234 05-13-2008 01:20 PM

that sounds soooo yummy. Any other ideas?

Have you seen pretty good weight loss with using a tortilla as a starch?

4princesses 05-13-2008 01:28 PM

I use 1/2 with apples (heated in a skillet plain with a dash of cinnamon) than I add a dalop of yogurt on top YUMMY!

krjpy 05-13-2008 01:38 PM

You can make crips out of them.

I cut them into triangles and them spray them with the I can't believe it's not butter spray (condiment) and sprinkle with cinnamon and splenda mixed (condiment) and then throw them in the little convection oven until they brown and crisp.

To be truthful, my husband does them, but they make a really nice dessert

Freem06 05-13-2008 01:43 PM

I put 1 tbl peanut butter and a cut up banana in the middle then just roll and eat. But my kids like me to cook theirs.

chan 05-13-2008 06:28 PM

When I was actually POP I had great weight loss using Tortilla's as a starch... not every day, but 3 or 4 times a week.

mugwhumps 05-14-2008 03:44 PM

the baked cinnamon crisps are fabulous... though I always end up eating more than one whole tortilla they're so good!

lately I've been making great filling sandwiches with them... with some...

1)chicken (and or turkey bacon) with lettuce, mayo, cheese, cucumbers, etc... there's 1 1/2 protein, 1-2veg, 1fat, 1 dairy and 1 starch all in one. the secret to sprucing it up a little is after folding it all up together, put it in the frying pan (no grease, no butter) just to crisp up the outside and it makes the shape 'take' so it's not falling apart everywhere.

2) I also make breakfast burritos with it... just scrambled eggs with whatever you like in them, more turkey bacon (I love it... it's better than real stuff!!) wrap and go!

3) For a quick dinner, put on salsa or spaghetti sauce, veggies, meat and cheese for a quick pizza!!! sooooo good with chicken, broccoli and green peppers! (pitas work well for this also, but tortillas give you the 'thin crust' experience)

Mattie2086 05-15-2008 08:26 AM

What tortillas are people using? Do you use small or large or the wheat ones? I am going shopping tomorrow and want to buy some but I am not sure which ones to get. Thanks in advance.

Dionysiusa 05-15-2008 11:19 AM

I myself use the small ones,
I also use pita basically the same way,
I cut them and bake them in the oven and dip them in salsa!
Or I use them to make salsa's pizza's:
Salsa on top of your round pita
extra lean taco beef ( drained and all that good stuff)
then I sprinkle on my 2 oz light old chedar cheese and top with
Green onion, fresh tomatoes, black olives.
Once they are done i use soem fat free sour cream on top in little dallops. OMG YUMMy!
Even my Fussy pants new husband loves em!

HUGS
Dee