Old 05-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/209/125

Height: 5'2

Default how much time...

should i give a diet plan to work before i decide that it isn't working for me. it seems like i have tried every diet under the sun and a few of those more than once, but nothing seems to work. i am really just trying to find that magic combo of carbs/protein/fats that will get me where i want to be. i just can't seem to lose more than 5 pounds and then one week of TOM and most of that comes back. i just keep losing and gaining the same five pounds over and over again. the only thing i haven't tried is growing another 24 inches taller, but my friends keep telling me it's easier to lose weight than to grow taller, but i am starting to have my doubts!
any ideas will be greatly appreicated!!
amy
gahundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

truth is it's going to be weeks and weeks and months.... i lost a lot at first on my plan (South Beach) and then i slowed down.. and then I STOPPED for 14 weeks i lost NOTHING... i kept going. i've lost another 20 since then.

if ya wanna eat a healthy plan and ya wanna lose the key is to drink your water, get some exercise and FOLLOW YOUR PLAN... i have almost NO WIGGLE ROOM if i want to see consistent loss.
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:30 AM   #3  
Tiff

S/C/G: 322/ticker/175

Height: 5' 7"

i have to say i totally agree with ladybug, if i waver, even just a little, i see no weight loss, and sometimes even a gain. if i drink ANY alcohol i go backwards, i don't know why, but alcohol always screws things up for me. lots of water, fruits and veggies, exercise and most importantly, being consistent is what does it for me.

oh yeah and patience, it is good to keep patience on hand cuz nothing is gonna happen overnight

Last edited by pipernoswiper; 05-08-2008 at 10:32 AM.
pipernoswiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

The posts above me are correct. It's not what we really want to hear but it's the only thing that works. At the end of the day you only lose weight by burning up more calories then you consume. Just make the calories you consume as nutritious as possible and the weight loss will come.
Fat Chick B Gone is offline   Reply With Quote