Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #106  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Michelle - You aren't alone in doing this without the help of a center. For some its due to closings for others like myself its more financial. I also wasn't happy with the counsellors at my center after awhile either.

I am on red 1 no lites and will use the postings on here and the knowledge of everyone here to move myself from color to color. I tried the new numbered plan before I left the center but it was way too much food for me so I went back to the colored that I knew worked from experience. I find for me this is one of the most flexible plans to work with and I can work it into my work schedule and such easier than others. I know others find it restricting but I don't.

Have fun and please don't hesitate to post - everyone here is very suportive and helpful - on good days and bad!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 PM   #107  
Michelle - Starting Over

thanks equinetcan! when i started (the first time around lol) i was on red. they had just switched me to the numbered plans when i quit going. i was put on plan 3 because i'm a shift worker. i didn't notice much of a weight loss on that plan, but i attributed that to the stress in my life.

I won't be going to the center either because of finances, its just too expensive and i didn't care for the counsellors at the center close to my house either. but mostly i hated the sales pitch every time i went in. lol
WindSong40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 11:27 PM   #108  

Good evening all,

Things are pretty mellow around here. DH mowed the grass and I did some painting on a project.
Still worrying about GS,I know it will take time to get over the little devil living with us for a year.I was in his room mucking it out. We need to get the rest of his things over to his parent place on Sat.

Jillian.... I was a military wife. Now retired so know how you are feeling right now.
We have another older GS that was stationed at 29 palms. Now in San Diego
He did three tours in Iraq.
Well I hope you all are having a great weekend.
Roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #109  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Oh, Roma.....I don't envy you . My mom and dad currently have my 18 yo nephew living with them......and they struggle so much. It is good you were there for him, and it is also good that you were able to let go when it was time. I am sure that was extremely difficult.

Well, I am off to child birth classes with dd and her dbf. I hope you all have a POP day, and I want to let you all know that I am going to go to a hospital and stay POP!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #110  
Tami

S/C/G: 80 to lose/14 lost/66 left

Height: 5'4"

Hello My Friends!

I've had a great week! My Mom and I went to Cleveland to visit with my sis's family. Had a wonderful time. How is it that the kids get older and we don't seem to age at all???

I apparently made good choices 'cause I'm happy to announce that I've had a 4lb. loss.YAHOO! Sooooo.....that's 14 in total! It's been a long haul, but definitely worth it. It' doesn't seem as easy as it did the first time I was on LA....but good things aren't easy and I'll plug along.

I don't know how you guys keep up with all the posts and who did what and what happened to whom. :-) My head is spinning after reading over the past week's posts!

I've tried the Luna bars and the Zone bars and liked them both as a back up for when my LA bars run out.

Congrats to the Grads....
Finger's crossed for those under the weather
and to everyone else...
SMILE...and keep the faith! We can do this....with a little help from our awesome and inspirational friends!

Tami
tje4481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #111  
Tami

Special note to Jillian....

I would just like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you and your family. Your sacrifice is monumental. I can't imagine what you and your's must go through on a daily basis. Your Husband will be always in my prayers. Thank you....always.... Tami
Old 05-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #112  
Michelle - Starting Over

good morning everyone. well i'm starting my first TO today, wish me luck, lol someone in another thread had mentioned the president's choice juice as a replacement for LA's juice, it tastes just like their juice, so we'll see how well it works for me. i am going to try the plan without using any bars.

wtg on the 4lb loss tami!! thats awesome!!
WindSong40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #113  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tje4481 View Post
Special note to Jillian....

I would just like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to you and your family. Your sacrifice is monumental. I can't imagine what you and your's must go through on a daily basis. Your Husband will be always in my prayers. Thank you....always.... Tami

awww, thank you so much Tami! your post made me tear up. i really appreciate it.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #114  
Tami

Jillian,

It is too often that we take for granted the wonderful life we live, the freedoms we possess, and the sacrifice our young men and women made for us in the past and every day of our lives. It is worth nothing if we cannot even say thank you. :-) You, are most welcome.....T.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:54 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 220/165/120

Height: 5'6

Default Happy Moms Day Everyone!!!

Heres a quick wish to one and all for one and all to have a great mom's day and sure hope you are all treated like the queens that you are by all your loved ones and by yourself . Stay POP and take care .
LoisKent is offline   Reply With Quote