Old 05-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #61  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Dionne - that's always been my fear with spin classes - good to know! I think spin would be something I like. I've also heard of people bringing those gel seat covers too.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:12 PM   #62  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Dionne......thanks for the encouragment about what Kim so lovingly calls, "bike butt." It is good to hear. Now that I am no longer 25 years old........I need to be reminded that even though some exercises may hurt a bit at first......it does get better. I want to be strong......and I can deal with a bit of hurt. It is funny though.......cuz I get worried I will hurt myself and be out of commission......and I CAN'T be out of commission. Any exercise hints or advice are appreciated
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #63  
Post-Master

Oh, also.....there are NO areas in my subdivision that are flat!!! Any direction I decide to ride in is uphill......and I swear, it is uphill to get home too!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #64  

Good Morning,
Just a fly by for now. We have to go pick the GS today
Roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:42 PM   #65  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi Friends!

Thank you all for the well-wishes, advice and encouragement.

Nicole, Barbara-you guys are SO right. I have yet to be exactly POP but just being OP for the past three days has made me feel SO much better. I bought a skirt suit last week for a luncheon I have today. It was pretty tight when I tried it on in the store but I loved it, so I bought it. I tried it on last night just to make sure I could actually sit in it etc, and it fit SO much better than last week. Even if the scale is still scary-this is very motivating!

Nicole-hooray for exercise! I have not lived up to my promise to exercise this week. I literally spent all day yesterday running personal errands for graduation stuff. Today is our graduation luncheon, but I really should be able to squeeze in a DVD when I get home. I wish I had a bike to ride, although our neighborhood is extremely flat!

I'm vowing to eat OP at the luncheon in a couple hours. It's at a fancy place so I'm hoping they will have good veggies and salad!

Dionne, Nicole-hope the kiddies feel better soon!

Dan-thanks for the tip! I've never taken beano before---but I might pick some up!

Kimphin-SO good to see you posting! Thanks for the encouragement!

Alright, must go do my hair for the luncheon. Hope you all are having a wonderful wednesday!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kimphin, I do enjoy the spin classes, but I did purchase a gel seat. I went this morning as a matter of fact. I go up to 4 times a week, and I feel so fit even though I've not been doing a lot of anything else... besides a few abs and arm exercises right before spin class. I keep trying to add something else in, but it seems to fall by the wayside. Probably because my DH goes with me to the spin classes. We keep each other going, and bonus is that I have a fit hubby now too.

Nicole. I totally live on a hill... well actually it is called Bull Mountain, so I guess I live on a small mountain. I'm impressed with anyone who can ride their bike up our hill, and I'm scared to death to ride down it. I think it drops about 200 feet in elevation in 2 blocks. I should try to ride up the hill again and see if I can make it up after all those spin cycling classes.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:16 PM   #67  
Princess Heather

Hey everyone! I was just stopping by to say hello to all my old friends! How are things????
All is well here....My best friend and I have joined Weight Watchers since LAWL went bankrupt....and I'm back on the losing team!!!! I'm down 10lbs since joinging march 11th!
Just wanted to stop in and say hello!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #68  
Post-Master

Hey Heather! Good to see you!!! How are the kids? I am so happy for you that you are on the losing team once again. I am too.....but not since March......pretty much since yesterday..... What else is going on in your life?
XOXO
Old 05-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #69  
Post-Master

Barbara........I think you and I may have different definitions of what a hill is...
Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #70  
Princess Heather

Nicole,
The kids are fabulous. DFS#1 has finally gone to termination! We should have decision one way or the other by June (of course we know that the time line for Child Services isn't always that accurate!) DFD....well she is 17 months old now and such a drama queen (i wonder where she gets that!) We have actually started the adoption for her, and hopefully by Fall that will be final! DFS#3 is 5 months old now...and we are well on our way to adopting him. His bio mom just isn't doing what she is supposed to (he is her 6th child and she doesn't have any of the other 5). Life is good...school is almost out, and we are planning a busy summer! DFS#1 is going to be potty trained this summer....(that's my plan, not sure it's in his plan! LOL).
Life is certainly good!

Congrats on grandbaby #1....i'm certain, he/she will be totally spoiled by Grandma!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:09 PM   #71  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Heather, it’s good to “see” you and hear you’re back in the game! I’ve always wondered about how you were doing and how the pending adoptions were going. It seems like it’s been a long journey trying to adopt DFS #1 but I’m glad to hear things might be taking a turn and you could see a light at the end of the tunnel. That has got to be a good feeling! Keep us updated on WW and the kiddos.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Dawn and Heather!!!! Great "seeing" you both!!! Heather you do such a wonderul thing caring for those sweet babies! I hope everything works out smoothly!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #73  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just stopping by quick and then i'm off to get my workout in for the day!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #74  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

posted a new avatar and a pretty recent pic of the kids in my profile.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #75  
Post-Master

awwwwwww, Jillian.....you did a pretty great job on making those adorable kids
XOXO