Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Have we lost you Tiffany? I keep checking back to see if you have replied.

Just curious as you your decision. Feel free to PM me, if you'd like.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:45 PM   #17  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann7 View Post
LA did not help me lose any weight. I felt it was a scam. Dan, I have to disagree with you. Any diet that REQUIRES you to buy their bars (I personally did not like them) is not sound. Why add all that extra carbs/sugar? I prefer to get them elsewhere in my diet in things "I" choose, not others!

As for expensive? I suppose it depends on the group. HOw about finding a plan that teaches you HOW to eat? The difference between bad carbs and good? bad fat and good? That explains how your body reacts to certain foods? And as we all know everyone is different! What might trigger hunger for you may be alright for me!

I have found a plan that works for me, and only costs me my food! I was able to pick up the book at a local used store for only $2, so that was nothing! And I eat the foods I like! Come check us out on the beach! South Beach.

As for your question, I recieved a letter in the mail several months back saying LA went bankrupt and I might be entitled to some of my costs.

I guess any diet that requires I purchase their "brand" of anything is a red flag! Rather, choose one that encourages you to find the right plan for you!
I'm sorry you didn't get what you needed from LAWL.. It must have been a bad experience because through the program I DID learn how to eat. I DID learn the difference between good and bad carbs and good/bad fats...

The program guides,cookbooks and other material were amazingly eye opening and the fact that I didn't have to give up any of the foods I truely love (other than the fried stuff of course) made it so simple and easy to follow..

As was stated earlier, the bars have never been required except for the refund, but others have stated in the past they too were under the impression that they were for the program in general.. If that's the case, then it sounds like you had a lemon of a COD..

The fact is that the LAWL plan works..

I'm very happy that SB works for you.. We all have to find the plan that's right for us. I enjoy their cereal bars!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 192/174/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnylubber13 View Post
I I've stopped going in for my weigh ins because they are a waste of time. Five minutes of someone telling me the exact same thing every single week, no matter what the change in my situation, gets tiring. Easter? Avoid starch! Busy week? Avoid starch! No weight loss? Avoid starch! I get it. But I only need to be told one time. I go in there and its like "Okay yes I know...uh huh....yeah I know....Okay bye." I was stuck at 150 for 2 1/2 months, and since I stopped going , I've lost weight. I don't really regret paying all that money, though. It was worth it for the kick in the behind that I needed, and now I know, specifically for me, how much I should be eating. Valuable information!
i agree with this, for my situation. I did not like the new girls in the location i was going to. (turn around since i joined in Jan) but they are really not helpful to me, especially since i do not buy any product. I found i was dreading going to hear the same thing(cut back on carbs drink more water) I have lost 15pds and am doing this on my own now. My only thing what doesn't work for me is the limited carbs. Will i be able to sustain this for life? I have followed all the rest of the program (not the low carbs) so i have modified to suit me. I am still losing, but slower. And i am ok with that.
wish2bthin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Tiffany,

At about 4 weeks I felt the same way! Every darn time I went in there they wanted to shove product down my throat! I did buy some lites, but made it very clear in the beginning that I would only buy what I wanted to buy and when I wanted to buy them and I would be taking them all with me! Since then I have bought a few take off drinks, and the Celluway supplement because it was on special - oh, and also the cookbook. But I do this on my terms, I even had the pushiest counselor tell me not to get talked into buying additional product because I was doing a great job on my own.

I do feel like the sign up fee has been well worth my investment just for the accountability and also some of the tips they give when I feel like there is something that I "can't" do.

Hang in there, I have felt we are pretty similar in our goals and feel like you may just be experiencing the same things I felt in the beginning as well.

JulieZ

PS - I am in my 11th week

Last edited by jewljz; 04-17-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: forgot PS
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 212.6/149.6/150

Height: 5'3"

For the record-yes it feels "expensive" because you pay $$ up front. But I just completed maintenance a month or so ago, and the program all told ran me less than $5 a week. I spent that much for breakfast at Micky D's every morning before LAWL. I have been maintaining my weight loss since last summer.
PJS145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #21  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/130ish

Height: 4'11"

Just for a quick check in... I ended up quitting LA Weight Loss. It just wasn't the plan for me... I went through and read everyones replies on here.. thanks for all the encouragement and advice. I can see how LAWL can work for some people, it just wasn't for me. Thanks!
Shorty1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #22  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote: "LA did not help me lose any weight. I felt it was a scam. Dan, I have to disagree with you. Any diet that REQUIRES you to buy their bars (I personally did not like them) is not sound. Why add all that extra carbs/sugar? I prefer to get them elsewhere in my diet in things "I" choose, not others!"

I was never forced to buy any bars. I was given one year of weight loss for $199. It worked for me, because of the accountability. I could not get that anywhere else. My family was my bad food choice buddies! LAWL is not for you if you can't say no. They will try to sell you everything they can. That's the business...

I too knew how to make right food choices, but once again it was the accountability every week that helped me. I hope that you all can find a diet, no, a lifestyle change, that works for you.

As for me, I cant wait to get back on the LAWL plan after this baby is born!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote