Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default Questions About Gold Plan

HI everyone

I am doing the gold plan, I have the bars, but I am allergic to soy and I can't eat them any more. Can I do gold without the bars? I don't want to do purple.

For the best weight loss is it best to do carbs that are closer to the 40 calorie mart? I like mini bagels sometimes but they are 100 calories, so I know that is not good. My problem is only with carbs at breakfast.

Does any one think the Carb-X WORKS?

does eating at night hurt your weight loss?

Sorry to have so many questions, but I have no where else to go .

Thank You

Webb
webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:22 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Webb.........why don't you want to do purple? Is it that you want to replace the lites with a non soy option? I cannot tolerate soy products either.....so I see where you are comming from. I know there are some whey based products out there, but I do not know of one specific one that meets the lites nutritional stats. I am sure you can find one though, and I am sure it would be fine to replace it.

I do not know about carb-x.

I think mini-bagels woud be just fine.......just count it as 2 starches.

Eating at night does not hurt your weight loss. Many people find it better to eat light at night.....but I never had an issue. If I stayed OP and didn't get too hungry at any particular time of the day or night, I always lost. I didn't really matter what time of the day I ate. It really just is a matter of burning more calories than you consume. It's not like your body knows what time it is. I think listening to your body's cues is the trick. If you are hungry.......you ought to eat a little something. When you are no longer hungry......you ought to stop. Having an outline of what you ought to be eating each day, and learning to spead it out thougout the day is really just a tool to learn how to listen to our body's cues. I hope this helps a little
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #3  
Post-Master

Also, I think it is good to eat your carbs early in the day......that is when you need the energy, after a night of rest
Old 04-15-2008, 06:51 PM   #4  

Nicole

Thank you for your reply, I did purple before and I didn't like it because there is too much meat to eat, I am just not a meat eater. I remember then I was on purple before I couldn't eat all the protein so they put me back on gold.

I like what you said about listening to your body, I have been reading a lot about that lately.

You said you always lost weight, were you eating the lites or did you just move up to the next plan?

Again thank you for your quick reply

WEBB
Old 04-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #5  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb View Post
Nicole

Thank you for your reply, I did purple before and I didn't like it because there is too much meat to eat, I am just not a meat eater. I remember then I was on purple before I couldn't eat all the protein so they put me back on gold.
WEBB
Since the only real difference between the Purple and the Gold is the portion sizes, and you are not big on "Meat", why not look at some of the "Vegetarian Protein" options. There are other Proteins out there for those who don't eat meat, so why not try to use those to get the extra protien in you need until you can find a "Non-soy" protein bar replacement for the lites?

Just a suggestion.

Last edited by krjpy; 04-16-2008 at 10:06 AM.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #6  

Hey Kelly,

Thanks for the suggestion about vegetarian protein, I never considered that, but it is something I will consider now.

Webb
Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Webb, I echo Kelly's suggestion.

Since starting this plan, I have discovered that I LOVE vegetarian proteins! Chick peas, veggie patties, edamame, peanut butter, eggs, egg beaters, ricotta cheese,.....I could go on and on but those are some of my fav's.

Meat used to be my favorite food, and for some reason, I've shifted my tastes. Another plus to vegetarian proteins is that they are generally quicker for me to prepare. Gotta love easy!
LadyZaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #8  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

I was looking yesterday at the drug store and found these bars called larabar. they are the jocalat series and are very similar to the lits and have no gluten, soy or dairy. they are vegan too. you would have to add a small handful of nuts as the protein is a bit lower but I tried one today and they are yummy!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:09 PM   #9  
Post-Master

Webb........I did the no lite plan.....which for me was red......no lites. And, what these girls have said about protein options is so true. I make ricotta chesse pancakes quite often....and they are delicious w/ sf syrup Protein is very important to your success.......it keeps you from getting too hungry. The ricotta cheese pancakes sound so weird....but they are like a cross between a buttermilk pancake and a real cheesecake. Delicious!!!! Here is the recipe:

Ricotta Cheese Pancakes-1/2PC

Ingredients:

3 tbsp flour
2 tsp Splenda
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup egg substitute
½ cup low-fat ricotta cheese

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Spoon small amounts onto griddle coated with cooking spray. Flip when pancakes begin to rise; cook until golden.

Makes: 2 servings
Serving size: ½ recipe
LA Exchange: ½ Protein, 1 Condiment

I hope this helps
Old 04-17-2008, 12:20 PM   #10  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Nicole - That sounds SO good. I am going to get some ricotta cheese and try it this weekend.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #11  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Me too!!
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #12  
Gold plan

S/C/G: 164/-/140

Height: 5'5

That sounds amazing! Thanks, I will definitely try making this one day soon.
dodis is offline   Reply With Quote