Anyone doing I Can Make You Thin?

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Judy-I know that TLC is replaying all of the episodes so I would look at your TV listings and try to view it.
    if you go to his website- McKenna dot com (I can't give the link) you will find where he describes the 4 steps in detail.
    scroll through all the pages so you can read his full explanations.
    It really won't make as much sence unless you read the full explanations

hope that this helps!!
  • Hey Judy!! As far as I know this is as good a place to post as any! I hear ya about being in your 50's. I turned 50 last month and have struggled with my weight always. I now think that if I'd never gone on that first crash diet in college, I'd be fine today..that just kicked off a lifetime of "on" or "off" thinking because in the 70's you had to be a stick figure/disco queen! I was neither! .. oh well...better late than never as far as normalizing attitudes about food! I do know this: I really need to ramp up my exercise. Starting this week, I'm going to walk my 18 holes of golf (twice a week, minimum) rather than ride the cart. Will also mix in some yoga and weights. Seems that since beginning this way of eating I really feel GOOD about exercise..

I caught another TLC episode of Paul McKenna when he talked about the repulsion/compulsion techniques. Oh boy... it just reinforced to me how much of this weight thing really is MENTAL! The part about making negative associations with your binge foods..OMG..I was so nauseous!!! All of these components put together really are powerful!
  • Thank you for the quick response I looked in the tv guide we get in the Sun paper & the show is coming on tonight at 8o &9opm. I'll probably tape them I taped one Fri night so I might have a repeat of a show I guess that's better then not having or missing a show Thanks for your help

Hope you all have a BLESSED WEEK!! I'm going to try to exercise more too also are you ladies doing all the tech or just doing them along with a certain diet (I know it's not a diet )I mean eating plan ect. You know what I mean
    Are you really eating what you want & not gaining weight ? MY problem is portion size I eat lots of vegs &healthy foods & not exercising I'll try to keep you posted I hope to hear from all of you soon

Judy
  • Sorry I haven't been around much and next week or so won't be much better as we leave Tuesday to go to DD for a week. I may be able to check in a few times on her computer. We'll see.

Aleka - I know what you are talking about. I think diets can work because I have had some success to a point on a few, but I have dieted for most of my life... at least 40 years. I just can't go another diet. WW points didn't work for me because they said you had to eat all the points even when I felt stuffed I had to use them. However, I know people who have done great on WW. I could have done WW Core, but there was so little in their book that you could eat. When you went out to eat, you were so restricted. And I hate counting calories. I guess that is why Intuitive Eating was so great to me and when I added the techniques of P. McKenna that just made it terrific.

I had planned to weigh only on the 1st of each month but ended up weighing today as Sunday used to be my WI day and I have lost 3 lbs. I had been excited that my weight had stabblized from being on IE. I think that had to happen first. All week I would have days I wasn't hungry and then have days that I seemed to be really hungry all the time. I think I had to learn to recognize when I was genuinely hungry. I am so excited to find that I am actually doing good and I am starting to see results with the scales and my clothes. I just checked and Paul McKenna will be on TLC tonight at 8 pm & 9 pm EST.

OhCharlie - When you ordered your dvds from him how long did they say it would take to get it. I haven't ordered them because I didn't want them to arrive while I'm gone. If it takes 2 - 3 weeks, I think I could go ahead and order them.

I too am finding that I really enjoy the good healthy foods. Went out to eat at Chili's yesterday. I always loved their Classic Nachos. I ate about 3/4 of it and then asked the waitress to take the plate so that I would not eat any more. I knew I was satisfied, but might keep eating it out of habit. I have really had a good week just using his 4 Golden Rules. I hope I'll be able to do as well while on vacation.
  • I forgot to share something I did this week more as an experiment to see if the craving technique really worked. If you remember, I did the technique last week with his show to stop craving DH Heath bars. Well, I decided to try eating a couple to just see what would happen. The only way I can describe it is that they tasted like eating soap. They were absolutely awful. I asked DH if they were old as they tasted terrible. He said, "No, they taste fine. I thought you weren't going to eat them any more." I assured him that I would never be eating another one. So this really does work and it does last.
  • Pattygirl: Interesting outcome with the Heath Bars!! I can live forever without chocolate-- toffee and caramel are my BIG craves! To answer your question, they said that I should have them about 28 days from time of order. Have a great week everyone!!

Barb
  • The Paul McKenna technique
    I, too, have started using Paul McKenna's techniques and am happy with the results. I am using my own self-designed calorie-based diet in which I eat everything including desserts but I'm eating when I feel hungry instead of when it is meal time. I, too, am eating fewer calories that way - about 200 - 300 fewer than the 1600 I allot myself daily. I had been stuck on a plateau. The other day I got on the scale and was down three pounds. I can feel the difference. Now I want to concentrate on dealing with cravings. I haven't had any in the past week but I know I will experience cravings in the future and I want to be ready.
  • Constance I see you are also into volumetrics, right? I read a little about that but didn't want to buy another book. I found it interesting in the amount of raisins (don't remember, but I think they said 1/4 c) is 100 calories and 2 c grapes is 100 calories. I think Paul McKenna's Techniques will work with any diet or way of eating.
  • Just wanted to pop in & check in with everyone! How are ya'll doing? Still going great here. Week 4 on Tuesday, looking foward to seeing if the scale actually agrees with my clothes on the amount of weight I am losing. I am down a pants size & am so positive that these techniques will assist me in my weightloss success! Looking foward to being an 'after'...heehee

Hope everyone had a great week! ~RM
  • Good for you, RM. My pants are alot looser too!
    Tonight's the last episode

Keep up the good work!
  • I can make you thin
    I would like to try this also. I am just so sick of spending money on plans and not sticking with them! I am in a slump! I need to get motivated and have no will! do I sound like pitty me??
  • Watching the last show, I had a huge lightbulb moment. When they featured the woman who was a lawyer and just hated herself, well, that is basically me. When I watched her go through the exercises in the mirror I finally understood what I need to do to break past the mental barriers I have set up for myself.
    I feel like a jerk because I went out last week and joined TOPS thinking that I still needed a weight loss plan. Not sure if TOPS would be ok with me using PMK's methods instead of a diet?
    Does anyone feel like joining me in a daily thread where we discuss out use of PMK's methods ???? I could really use the daily check in with some like minded people.

Thanks!!!
  • Great thread-subscribing
  • thanks Truffle!!!

I guess I should go start a new thread. I will call it "Paul McKenna: I Can Make You Thin Daily Thread" (very original, right?! lol!!)

see you there!!!!
  • Oops, sorry-already subscribed.