Old 02-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #76  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Cecilia- I am teaching a workshop at a wellness expo called "Healing With Crystals". I use crystals all of the time in my own practice, so it should be simple. I really need to decide exactly what I am going to speak about so I can make sure I have good specimens to show. I just really want it to be a quality experience for those who attend, so that they can use crystal healing to benefit their own lives.

Nicole- How sweet of your DD to be naming the baby after you. I am glad that she is doing well.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #77  
Val

Hi all!

Family Day – What a wonderful holiday, celebrated in Alberta since 1990. It was proposed by our premier at the time, who ironically was later found to have a son with severe drug addiction which was supposedly attributed to “family problems”.

Well I was absolutely POP last week and managed to lose 2.4 pounds, then had a birthday party on Sunday night. So Monday when I went into COD the counselor said they had a new trainee and asked if I minded if she shadowed the counselor. I said no, but was thinking to myself, sure, great, after the party last night. As I sat down I said just don’t look at last night, ok. She said, “I was just looking at that, a bottle of wine!”. I just said “yes, I told you not to look at last night”. So needless to say, that brought about a 2 pound gain. So it’s back to being on track this week. However, I am now worried about this coming weekend as we have a family meeting with Home Care and my mom’s doctor where we know they are gong to tell us she has to be moved into a nursing home. I know Mom is not going to take it well have a strong suspicion I am going to be in need of another bottle of wine.

Anyway, enough about me.

Kimberly – so sorry to hear about your uncle. I pray he will be one of the ones that will not look at his clean bill of health as an excuse.

Barbara – Have fun with the renovating. I want to do something with my house, but keep changing my mind as to what I want to do! All I know is I want something different, but I also have this small issue called “money” LOL.

Erin – Welcome!.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:05 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Val, I just hope when my time comes when I need extra care that I take it well. I've seen older folks who just seem to be living in denial that they are no longer capable and that it is the best thing for them. I've seen family members run down their own health trying to care for others, so don't try to take on more than you can do. Perhaps the news will not be so bad or there will be other options available to consider. I think for the remodel that we are trying to keep costs down by doing as much as we can ourselves, but calling professionals too. The painters are here today, and I"ve always painted myself, but these are tall walls. So it is really nice to have the professionals handle that. They are doing a great job.

Many of you are putting me to shame, as I did not manage to fit in a work out yesterday (except for dragging all my furniture around and I think that piano moving is an aerobic activity). I did manage to do my regular spin class this morning, but I've been doing a little slacking, so maybe I'll do the elliptical tonight to make up for not doing it last night.

Did anyone see the biggest loser last night? I don't know if that guy who got voted off is going to do all that well at home. Surprising that you can eat all those chicken wings and still lose 5 pounds for the week. I did read on a blog by one of the contestants that their "weeks" are not always only a week, so it makes sense to me given the huge weight loss amounts that perhaps it was more like 2 weeks that went by on that one. So when you compare thier numbers to what you are seeing, remember that it is produced for TV and not always exactly the truth.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:09 PM   #79  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I did see the TBL and I really wish they wouldn't have sent Paul home. I don't think he can do it by himself. And I also thought it was kinda weird how all of their family had junk food around. Like how they brought Bernie to the bakery I felt sooo bad for him. But I guess that's what the producers probably told them to do....
One thing I don't get is how come Brittney always only loses 3 lbs it seems impossible that she doesn't lose more with all the actvity that they do and eating right? I just don't get it???????
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:40 PM   #80  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I have a couple of questions regarding which plan I should be on. I’m done nursing so I’m no longer doing plan 3+ which was plan 3 w/ an additional PVFSDFa & no lites. My COD told me that once I was done nursing they would move me to plan 3, but I think they assumed I would be doing the lites again, but I’m not. So I’m not sure which plan I should be doing. Is there anyone else that has similar stats to mine and is not doing the lites? What I should do is just go back to the COD. I’ve been on hold there since my DD was in the hospital in December and after that I just made the decision to stay on hold until I was done nursing. Well I’m done and I still haven’t gone back. I just know they’re going to lecture me about not coming back right away and I’m sure they’re going to want me to pay for additional weight loss weeks but there’s no way I’m giving them any more money. I’m also thinking about just going back to the colored plans. I had good luck w/ gold but I was also using the lites then. If I wanted to go back to the colored plans and not do the lites I think I go to purple then, right? Purple is the large protein portion plus a ½ protein and a Veggie more, right? Thanks for the help, I just need to get this weight off.

Hi Katie! Things are going okay. Like I said above, I just need to get the scale moving again. It’s strange, some days I really have my head in this and I know what I should do and the next day I totally lose direction. I’ve been at this, this time around, for 10 months and I’ve only lost 16 lbs. How discouraging is that? At least I’ve learned one thing, I’ve learned how to maintain so once I actually reach my goal I shouldn’t have a problem maintaining it. I decided that after vacation next week I’ll have no more excuses for not pushing myself harder. Maintaining isn’t going to be good enough anymore. I need to be happy with the way I look & right now I’m no where near that.

Nicole – its good to hear things are going well for you and your daughter. Like you said, things happen for a reason. I now when I had my DS almost 7 years ago the timing couldn’t have been more off, but after I lost my mom 2 1/2 years latter, I then realized the reason I had DS when I did. She so wanted to be a grandmother and I’m fortunate that she was there for me during my first pregnancy and the first 2 1/2 years of DS life. I couldn’t image not having her there or having my son miss out on know his grandmother. He doesn’t remember much about her, but some days he amazes me with things he does remember about her. I’m not saying my experience will relate to yours, I just wanted to reassure the fact that everything happens for a reason!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #81  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Nicole - Somehow I missed the announcement of DD being pregnant. I'm sure it was a shocker, but what a blessing!!! Congratulations!!!

Michie - I really did want to throw up. But, like Cecilia, I had not worked out in a while and I also did it in the evening after supper. It was all just too much. I paused the video, did a couple laps around my basement (breathing very heavy) and kept thinking "just keep moving, just keep moving", but I ended up laying on the floor to get myself feeling ok again. I did finish it, though. And I haven't experienced that since, so I really think I just did it too close to eating. The videos are truly amazing though. DH has been doing the sculpting for the past week and he just can't believe that his muscles could get such an intense workout without using a machine.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #82  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang...

Quiet in here today.. I wonder if we have some members falling off the wagon and are scared to own up?

Well, I upped my portions today and am faring better so far.. I had cereal for breakfast and turkey meatloaf for lunch, with fruit and a SB cereal bar inbetween...

Feels like I've eaten a lot today so of course, mentally, I'm afraid I've eaten too much.. I guess we'll see...

Hope you're all doing well...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #83  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hiya again, my tickers have returned! yay!

I loved Brittney and Bernie until last night... Everytime I saw her face and the smirks and rude comments she was making I wanted to smack her!! I really feel bad for Paul, I could not believe he was drinking all that soda and eating those wings! I agree he really needed to stay!! Poor Kelly, I feel she will be next to go if she isnt the biggest loser to attain immunity next week. Paul kinda reminds me of that girl from the Red team last season, Amber. She did not lose a lot of weight by the finale. She really needed more time on campus, and I think Paul needed more time as well! I hope he surprises us at the finale!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #84  
Cecilia

Omg! Kimberly I totally agree I was getting so mad when she was being so rude and rolling her eyes what a snot. Ugh! I really think it was unfair. But then again Paul toally messed up when he was home and let down his team since he is the biggest he should have had high numbers.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:52 PM   #85  
Blue w/lites - No COD

S/C/G: 208/157/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! I haven't posted in a while, been lurking though. Haven't been so great lately. We had our DS 16th birthday party this weekend and we had pizza, cake, chips (typical teenage boy food). And yes, I ate some of all of it (just a tiny piece of cake). I counted the pizza as my CC & I didn't overindulge in it, but I had leftovers on Sunday too. Then Sunday afternoon, I either chipped a tooth or knocked out the filling eating something (gummy bears) I shouldn't have been. So needless to say, I didn't eat much else that evening because of the pain. My dentist wasn't able to get me in until Thursday so I'm still eating light (not getting all of my food in). I leave on my cruise this Saturday so I'm hoping they get me fixed up.

Dan - you're right, I fell off the wagon & didn't want to own up. I hope you get back on track by adding food back in.

Kimberly - I agree with you, I liked Bernie & Brittany until last night too. I think she was so rude during the voting.

Hi everyone else, Barbara, Cecilia, Katie, Amylou, Tina, Dawn, Paula, Nicole & sorry if I fogot anyway. Hope you all have an on plan afternoon & evening.
okie in il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:41 PM   #86  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

wait, I had to fast forward to through the voting so I could go to bed.........what happened??
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 194.6/194.6/163

Height: 5.5

Omigod, I missed the Biggest Looser last night! I went to a hockey game and Toronto Maple Leafs actually won! Can you tell me what happened??? Pleeeeeeeeeeease...........
apple76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM   #88  
Cecilia

Um Basically Bernie and Brittney and Maggie all voted for Paul and Kelly obviously did not. She voted for Bernie. But Brittney was being really rude the whole time like rolling her eyes and making rude comments. She was mad I guess because Paul was wearing a yellow shirt instead of their black team chirt but it was because he felt like him and Kelly were outsiders since the decision was obviously made because Brittney, Maggie and Bernie are all friends and they didn't want to vote eachother off. But now Kelly will be next.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #89  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Interesting.....the show gets so much better the closer they get to the end!

I don't have time at the moment to reply and say hi BUT I'm trying to do the blue plan now, since my losses were so slow on Red-

Barbara- can you post the exchanges for blue again? I have the serving size and menu guide from my Gold Plan book that was given to me but I want to make sure i have the appropriate number of exchanges for Blue.....anyone feel free to let me know-THANKS!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy,
it is 2 and 1/2 proteins, 3 starches, 3 fruits, I believe it is 3 veggies, 1 fat, 1 dairy and of course 2 bars if you do the bars. So you can have some starch and at least half a protein for each meal, which I like.

Dan, doesn't just a little bit of food make a huge difference in how much you feel that you are eating? You can always cut back down if you find your weight is trending back up.

The biggest loser they should have voted off Brittany, as she doesn't even really look all that overweight to me anymore. I think that is why she didn't lose a lot, as she is getting closer to her normal weight.

HI Becky, I hope they get your tooth fixed up before your cruise. I'm afraid if I knocked out a tooth, that I'd just use it as an excuse to eat off plan things. So not eating might be a better way to go on that.

Cecilia it sounds like the sushi was good. My DD loves sushi. As long as you are not having anything too salty, it is really fairly low fat and healthy though, so it is not a bad thing to like. Better than KFC or blizzards from DQ... both of which I remember fondly but have not had in a long, long time now.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote