Old 02-18-2008, 07:54 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Erin!

Alannah, you fell 6 times! Ouch! That would put me in a mood too. Any activity that you like and will do is great. My sister joined curves and said it really helped her.

Stephanie, You are doing so great! Are you going to push all the way to 140? Your face in your avatar looks very thin already.

Katy, My DH is kind of hot and cold on the remodeling. Sometimes very excited about it and sometimes it drives him demented (he has high standards and people sometimes fail to meet his expectations). I wanted to put hardwoods in our living room, but the quote that we got was really super high (I think it was one of those we really don't want to do the work bids).
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:57 PM   #32  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Barb - I didn't fall 6 times, I almost did. If I had fallen once I would have turned around and went back to the car until someone came and made the parking lot safe. Its my pet peeve this time of year because the landlord of the building doesn't take care of this parking lot well at all especially if there is ice. They didn't come around today until after 4pm to even put so much as a grain or two of sand down. I have fallen before on ice a seriously hurt my back so I am very leery of it now. One girl broke her wrist on it last year and had to have 2 surgeries to fix it with pins.

I don't even want to think about remodeling. I am not renovating inside except maybe some painting this year but outside I need to get the steps and landing on the front moved around to the back door and then a deck put on the front and I want to put concrete slabs/squares down to make my walkway better as right now its just gravel and I don't like it, especially when its raining and gets muddy. Those are my spring and summer to do lists...

Now we just need spring to spring up!!!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:48 PM   #33  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

It's still painful and taking forever to type with the bum finger but I had to share real quick that I was down 3.4 at WI today Yay me!

Hope everyone else is successful with their WI's as well!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:58 AM   #34  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning! Still feeling better with the tummy stuff but now I have a scratchy throat, YUCK! DH has a horrible cold so I guess he is passing it on to me. I'm super dosing with vitamin c and zicam to ward it off. DD has shown no symptoms of either illness yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Was not on plan yesterday but the tummy just wasn't up to getting all that food and water in. I think I can manage today though. May go and do a WI to see where I stand, I missed last week.

Better run, I'll do personals later. Have a great day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:14 AM   #35  
LAWL Salt Police

Liza!! You're doing awesome.. That's fantastic.. Must make for good radio ads too!

I'm having an issue... I find myself becoming REALLY hungry in the mornings.. My usual Lite and fit smoothie, piece of fruit and SB bar just isn't cutting it.. I ate my lunch at 10 am yesterday... And I find it's getting harder to resist the snacks people bring in to the office..

So this morning, having a meeting in town, I stayed home and had time to cook a proper breakfast.. So I had two eggs, some lite toast and a glass of "simply orange".. I'll be taking an apple to the meeting so I can resist the pile of bagels they always have there..

It used to be that after the kids went to bed, I'd go downstairs for some TV and computer time.. But lately, I've been staying upstairs because I get really really snacky and will munch on anything...

The problem is that mentally, I think that since I lost all this weight and my body is better able to expell junk food, I can just nosh anytime anywhere...

HELP!!!!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning all!

Allergies have been killing me. I can barely breath sometimes. I never had allergies before and now its happening every week. DH says that i'm getting it so bad and spring didnt even start yet. I hate to think what i'll be going thru when all the pollen really starts coming. ugh. i've been miserable and the baby just wants to be held all day. He's going thru his separation anxiety phase.

The scale is moving for me and i'm so happy. DH is down 20lbs. I'm so proud of him once again. Just like i predicted my mom asked if i was making him diet or if he wanted to. I knew this would happen and for it to come from my mom is aggravating. We see his family in a few months and i'm sure they will be thinking the same which i dont want but you know what, i'm trying to preserve my husbands life so they should thank me. Anyway i'm not the one thats making him diet tho, he wanted to. I did LAWL before without him and i could have again but he wanted to join me so he keeps telling me who cares what others think. I'm going to try to not let them get to me but his family is so nasty. Enough of me venting.

Dan i find that i need to eat a filling breakfast also or i'm really hungry all day. I usually have 1/2P, 1S, 1/2 or 1D & a little bit after 1F. This morning i splurged and had 1egg, 1oz cheese, 2 pieces of bread & coffee with milk. I normally wouldnt have the cheese but i havent had it in a while and thinking back i probably should have had the egg beater instead of the egg to keep the fat down. Oh well i'll be ok. I know what you mean about being comfortable with a your weight and you think its ok to have things you shouldnt but you are stronger Dan. You worked too hard to go back now.

hope everyone has a POP day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 AM   #37  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning!

Dan- I have periods like that as well. I wonder what it really means....I usually just feed the hunger. If I need to eat my lunch early, I will and if that means having a bigger snack in the afternoon than I anticipated-it's ok. I always try to save something (lite, fruit, fat(nuts)) for after dinner so I don't go crazy if I finish everything a little early. Hang in there!

Gotta get goin-busy day, busy week! Hope everyone is having a good one!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:57 AM   #38  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I weighed in this a.m., and I am up 1.4, but I am not that disappointed. Last week we ate out 3 times, and one of those times was for all you can eat Alaskan King Crab Legs!!!!!! YUM!!!! Anyway........I vow to be OP all day long, and maybe, just maybe, even exercise
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #39  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hey everybody. I came online to request prayers from those who would...

My uncle is in the hospital right now and the outlook is not very bright. He is having some heart problems, and we're not sure what exactly is going to happen. His blood pressure is very low, and he also has cirrhosis of the liver. My family is just finding out that this is most likely all caused by alcohol. My dad has left work early to go to the hospital to pray with him. He has 8 kids with 3 being very young and still living at home. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated!

I will check back in later...
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #40  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Keep us updated, Kimberly...I'm praying for you all...
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Dan, I think you need to use one of your fat servings at breakfast. In maintenance, you should have at least 3 servings of fat, so it should be easy to shift one to earlier in the day. Maybe some nuts for the top of that smoothie? It seems to me that your weight has continued to trend down since you've hit maintenance, so perhaps you have not added enough calories back in. So perhaps consider adding an additional exchange. I was told at the center that if your weight dropped more than 3 pounds below goal, they would consider adding more exchanges in. I don't know what they recommended adding though.

Liza, Apparently bum fingers agree with you! So happy that the WI was a good one. Remember this one the next time one is not so good.

Nicole, I know you can be a POP star this week, and see that 1.4 pounds gone and probably more.

Kimberly, that is so sad. I have been surprised by people that I had no idea had a serious drinking problem suddenly having a problem like that too. I will say a prayer for your uncle and hope that he recovers. Miracles happen every day.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:56 PM   #42  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

My prayers are with your family Kimberly.

Hi all. I had a very Off Program weekend, and the scale is definately showing that. Friday night we went out for drinks and sat when I WI I was down. Quite a bit down. And I was happy but I knew it wouldn't stay that way. So Sat we went to BF friends bar out of town. We kinda celebrated V-day on sat. So I ate what I wanted and didn't worry about it. But today I am up 2.4 lbs and boy am I regretting that decision. BF's parents gave us Gift Cert. for a sushi restaurant in town and he really wants tonight... I do to. But I know I shouldn't. UGH! Why does there always have to be stuff going on and things I have to say no to. It's really frustrating sometimes.
Sorry!
I am trying to stay POP and eat light so I can have sushi tonight. Ugh!

Last edited by cecil; 02-19-2008 at 12:57 PM.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:03 PM   #43  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by green0923 View Post
Hi, all! I just posted my introduction in the newbie area, but wanted to drop in and say hello!

To make a long story short, this is my second time on LAWL. First time was a great success that ended too early when I became pregnant after 100 lb weight loss. Unfortunately, I lost the baby and went into a major depression. End result? 93 lbs came back on in about a year. So now I'm back, and more ready than ever to make this happen!

I have reviewed several of the threads, just trying to get a feel for the group. You seem like a great bunch -- much like the bunch I originally posted with a couple years ago. But I was ecstatic to see one name/face here -- Katie (Repogirl). We helped each other through this journey once before, and I'm so excited to have her support again -- and to meet all of you and become part of your group.

So, the good news is that after 1 week and 1 day, I am officially down 9 lbs! While I know most of week 1's weight loss is water, I'm very happy!

They have me on plan 5 with bars. It's tough relearning the plans -- I knew the colors so much better (and last time, didn't use the bars). There is way too much food on plan 5, so I have not been getting in all of my portions. I am working with the nutritionist to see what other options there are for me.

I have also started incorporating the elliptical into my life. Started a week ago with 9 mins, and now I'm up to 12 minutes. I'm just doing the base level -- no inclines or anything -- just trying to get back moving.

Okay, enough about me! Now I'm going to read some of your other posts so I can hopefully offer some personals later.

Take care! And thanks in advance for the support!
ERIN!!!! OMG I am freaking out! I was thinking about you just other day, wondering how you are doing. You did so great the first time, this will be easy as broccoli for you! (Notice that I did not say pie!) Tell me about your baby!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:08 PM   #44  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Hi, everyone!!

Woohoo, Liza...great loss!

Kimberly - We're here for you...keep us updated.

Dan & Cecelia - I guess if it was easy everyone would be walking around skinny. Unfortunately, we have obstacles and temptations to deal with. Both of you are strong and can get past this bump in the road.

As for me, I'm doing okay so far today. I had to go for my sleep study last night. How in heck are you supposed to sleep with all those wires hooked up to you? They said they got enough info, but I don't see how since I was restless and woke up so many times. When I got home this morning, I promptly zonked out for three hours...best sleep ever.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #45  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!

Nicole- I have been on vacation to Jackpot, NV. We went for three days, and had a wildly good time. I have something happen to me that I thought you might get a kick out of. Saturday night DH drove my me, my parents, my sister, and my SIL to a bar to listen to the band. We proceeded in getting really trashed on jello shots, yaager, and cosmos, and danced the night away. We had so much fun. About 1:00 am we went back to the hotel to our rooms. DH and I were sharing with my parents. We turned on Comedy Central, and were laying in bed watching it and laughing. After about 10 minutes, the front desk knocked on the door to say that the room next to us was complaining of the noise. Of couse we thought that was really funny, and had a good laugh. 5 minutes later the front desk guy returned to say that they people next door were threatening to call the police if we did not shut up. He also said that he could not even hear us in the hall, and had no idea how we could be bothering anyone. The police threat was even funnier to me and my mom, but DH turned off the TV and made everyone go to bed. We have laughed all weekend about the whole thing. I wonder if the people next to us thought that they were dealing with a bunch of teenagers or what? How is your DD doing? Also, how was your sister's visit?

Liza- Good loss!

Katy- I hope that you are feeling better today.

Dan- Both movies sound great!

Barb- I am dying to see Juno. My sisters said that they laughed their heads off.

Lettie- Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time.

To the rest of you who are hanging your heads in shame with me: Lets have a week we can be proud of!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote