3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Flat Belly Diet

Old 03-06-2008, 05:40 PM   #61
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

Well I am doing pretty good. I am combining weight watchers with MUFA's. So far it is working for me. I usually count calories but I decided to give ww a try again. So Trish it seems we are following the same plan. I am also working on getting enough of fiber in my diet.

Bev
Old 03-06-2008, 10:59 PM   #62

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Looks like we all got a good start. I like your idea Bobbi of the snack of fiber one. Bev interesting we ended up doing the same. I see food in pts and it just makes it easier for me. I mark on foods that I can how many pts per serving so it kind of became a habit. m2nd2none I started using my measuring tape for those times my scales didn't move and I learned that even though the scale didn't move there was something going on because I would still lose inches.

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #63

I had the best breakfast. I call it Chocalate Walnut Oatmeal. I used 1 serving of oatmeal (I like old fashioned and make it in microwave using amount of water & timing for consistency I prefer). I added 1/2 T each of walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Total 4 pts and delicious. MUFA breakfast. I had mine with WW Amaretto yogurt and a cup of coffee.

For dinner I had a eally good pizza made with 1 WW tortilla, 1/4 c pizza sauce, 1/3 c lowfat shredded mozzarella cheese topped with 8 large black olive slices (MUFA). 5 pts.

I read today on a newsletter I get by e-mail and they said that brown rice is the best way to build our bones ladies. So I am going to have to learn to eat at least 1/2 c a day. I thought that maybe on days when I don't plan a meal with it like today, I can make a 0 pt soup and add 1/2 c of the brown rice to it for a meal or snack.

Trish

Old 03-08-2008, 09:40 AM   #64
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Yum, chocolate Walnut oatmeal! Don't ya love the MUFA's on this plan. One of my favorite concoctions is a flatout toasted until crisp, topped with applesauce, splenda, cinnamon and walnuts.
We've been eating brown rice for years (unless we have Chinese take-out). I think white rice has no flavor compared to brown and that's good to know about our bones. At my age I just don't have the bone density that I had when younger.
I think we've lost quite a few FBD people, I think many are waiting to see what happens.
Bobbi
Old 03-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #65
Bev

Bobbi, That flatout recipe sounds really good. I am going to have to try it. I am always looking for new things to eat. What is your favorite flavor flatout to eat? I have only had the original light ones.

Bev
Old 03-10-2008, 01:41 AM   #66

I've never had a flatout. What is it and where do I find it? What part of the store? Recipe sounds good. I'd like to try it. I forgot to measure today, but was my WI. I ended up with a total 5.5 lb loss this week.

Trish

Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #67
Bev

I buy my flat out bread at super walmart. I find mine either by the tortillas or by the deli. To me it looks like a weird shape tortilla. The are called flatout wraps.

bev
Old 03-10-2008, 12:02 PM   #68
active kids, active mom

How do I sign up for the online version? I went to the website (the one I found in google) but I don't see where you can sign up for anything online.

TIA

Began 10-08-07. Lost 90 lbs. in 7 months. Had unrelated surgery. Ate too much, moved too little while recovering. Gained some back. Gained more back. Re-committed 6/24/10. Lost 35. More unrelated surgery. Gained 20. Started WW P+ online 12/26/10.
knitsforfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:23 PM   #69
Bobbi

I use the original Light Flat outs the most. The Italian Flat outs make great pizza's. I have a countertop toaster oven that I toast the wraps in, then spread with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, cheese, then I pop them back in the oven to melt cheese. I love these! You can go to the Flat Out web site for lots of recipes and creative ideas for using them.
Bobbi
Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #70
The Dining Diva

S/C/G: 217.4/217.4/135

Height: 5'2

Greetings Everyone:

The scale is still moving very slow, but my body is really starting to shape up.

I love pizza made w/Flat Out. The Chocolate walnut oatmeal sounds wonderful. I will give that a try. My latest new food was a asian shrimp and spinach salad. I used sesame oil, rice wine vineger and ginger for the dressing.
m2nd2none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #71
Bobbi

Asian Shrimp, please share the recipe. You have all the ingredients we love.

Bobbi
Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 AM   #72

S/C/G: 317/240/160

Height: 5' 6"

Hey Bobbi and everyone else. I kind of went MIA for a few weeks. Work has been insanely busy!!!

I have been on Flat Belly Diet since Jan 21. I have lost 24.9 pounds. I plan on canceling my online subscription.

But actually I should say I am on Flat Belly Calorie Counting Superfoods Supervised by my Doctor and Dietician plan.

I am using the MUFA principal. I have been eating Superfoods everyday. I had metabolic testing and doctor determined I needed more than the 1600 calories a day that are on the Flat Belly Diet. He recomends 1800 to 1900 a day for me. My dietician also wants me to have more protien than FBD recommends. I track my calories on The Daily Plate. My dietician loves that it has Cal, carb, fat, protien, sodium and all the other stuff it tracks.

I have been exercising nearly every day. 60 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weight training. I love the way I feel!!! I have lost 7" inches off my waist and 4" off my "front butt"!!! I no longer huff and puff like the big bad wolf when I climb a flight of stairs!!! Best of all my blood pressure is in the "normal" range!!!

I am trying to lose 50% of my orginal body weight. I don't want to do surgery unless it is the ABSOLUTE last resort...and if this doesn't work then it WILL BE my last resort. I am doing it smart this time and trying to make changes that I can keep up for a lifetime!!!

KateB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:52 AM   #73

Default Flat Belly Diet

So Is The Flat Belly Diet Based On A Calorie Count Of 1600 Plus Adding A Mufa At Each Meal?
NIKKI2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #74

Wink Flat belly diet questions

I have read about the diet and am curious how strict the 4 day jump start and then the diet is. Most diets I have tried all have things that I don't like - yogurt being one of the main ones. What kind of foods are on the diet? I want to know if I will find enough to eat to make it work.
Thanks
SandyFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #75

S/C/G: 220/190/140-160

Height: 5'5"

subbing to find out more. Do you have to order teh book?
tigerchic89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.