3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Flat Belly Diet

Old 03-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #46
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Bev...The online does have the snack list, I printed it off. I found it many times under the "Ask the Nutritionalist, Cynthia". I was glued to this thread the first couple of weeks, you can also go into the archives for answers.
"Ask the Nutritionist" forum.

SWEET:

1 packet hot oatmeal topped with 1 cup blueberries and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich almonds – 324 cal

1 packet hot oatmeal topped with 1 cup raspberries and ¼ cup MUFA-rich chocolate chips – 367

1 packet hot oatmeal topped with ½ cup (4 oz) canned pineapple and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich macadamia nuts – 363

2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanut butter swirled into 1 packet hot oatmeal and topped with wedges of 1 medium sliced apple - 368

Wedges of 1 medium sliced apple with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanut butter as your dip with a side of 4 cups popped light microwave popcorn – 368 cal

½ cup (4 oz) canned pineapple mixed into ½ cup cottage cheese, garnished with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich walnuts – 325 cal

1 cup sliced strawberries and ¼ cup MUFA-rich chocolate chips into ½ cup cottage cheese - 347

1 whole 100% whole wheat English muffin, spread with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanut butter, topped with wedges of 1 medium sliced apple – 388

3 rye crisps spread with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich almond butter, topped or pair with wedges of 1 medium sliced apple – 387

1 cup sliced strawberries and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanuts mixed into 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt - 366

SAVORY:

Sprinkle ¼ cup hummus with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich pine nuts and eat as a dip with 1 cup crisp red peppers– 331 cal

Spread 3 rye crisps spread with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich black olive tapenade. Enjoy with a side of 1 cup grape tomatoes and 4 oz rolled up deli turkey slices – 323 cal

Top half cup canned, drained black beans with ¼ cup chopped MUFA-rich avocado and garnish with 1 chopped string cheese. Eat as a dip for 1 cup baby carrots – 316 cal

Mash half cup canned, drained black beans with a spoon. Slice 1 cup grape tomatoes in halves or quarters. Mix into black beans. Top with ¼ cup MUFA-rich chopped avocado and garnish with 1 chopped string cheese. Eat as a dip with 3 rye crisps (optional: add fresh cilantro) - 401

Spread 1 whole 100% whole wheat English muffin with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich green olive tapenade. Top with 4 oz deli turkey and 1 cup drained artichoke hearts, canned in water – 344 cal

Mix together ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half) and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich pine nuts. Spread half of mixture onto each half of one toasted 100% whole wheat English muffin - 421

Mix 1 cup chopped red pepper, 1 tsp salt-free Italian seasoning and 10 MUFA-rich large black olives into ½ cup cottage cheese. Eat as a dip with a double portion (6) rye crisps – 380

Lay 4 oz deli turkey slices flat. Fill centers along length of slice with ¼ cup hummus. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich pine nuts. Roll up and eat - 391

Lay 4 oz deli turkey slices flat. Fill centers along length of slice with ¼ cup MUFA-rich chopped avocado and 1 chopped string cheese. Top with 1 cup red pepper strips. Roll up and eat - 316

Lay 4 oz deli chicken slices flat. Mix together ½ cup cottage cheese and 1 Tbsp MUFA-rich pesto. Fill centers of deli slices lengthwise with mixture. Top with 1 cup halved grape tomatoes and 1 cup drained artichoke hearts, canned in water. Roll up and eat - 360

GRAB & GO:

1 string cheese, ½ cup (4 oz) pineapple fruit cup, 1 cup baby carrots, and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanuts – 356 cal

1 string cheese, 4 cups popped light microwave popcorn and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich sunflower seeds - 345

1 6 oz 80-calorie yogurt, 1 medium apple, 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich Brazil nuts – 346 cal

1 6 oz 80-calorie yogurt, 1 medium orange, 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich almonds - 314

Found these when I was surfing through the forums. It is in the archives for day 1/15/08.

SMOOTHIES:

Combine 1 cup skim or soy milk, 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt, and 1 cup fresh blueberries plus a handful ice or 1 cup frozen blueberries in blender. Blend, transfer to glass, and stir in 1 Tbsp MUFA-rich flax oil - 360

Combine half cup of skim or soy milk, 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt, ¼ cup MUFA-rich chocolate chips, and 1 cup fresh raspberries plus a handful ice or 1 cup frozen raspberries in blender. Blend, transfer to glass and eat with a spoon - 387

Combine 1 cup skim or soy milk, one 6 oz 80-calorie lemon yogurt, orange sections (seeds removed) from 1 medium orange, and a handful ice in blender. Blend, transfer to glass, and stir in 1 Tbsp MUFA-rich flax oil - 370

Combine half cup of skim or soy milk, one 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt, 1 tsp apple pie spice, chopped slices from 1 medium apple (skin removed), 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich cashew butter and a handful ice in blender. Blend, transfer to glass and eat with a spoon - 388
You can make your own up too, hope this helps.........Bobbi
Old 03-02-2008, 10:20 PM   #47

Hi read some in prevention it did not say what to eat the js days. so i never got to do that. does anyone want to share that part? if not that is ok i understand... I am sticking to the rest of it good. feel good. LaDean
Old 03-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #48
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

What I meant was that there are no snacks mentioned on your menu or food log on the website. There is no place to log them on your food log.

bev
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #49
Bobbi

LaDean.........I got into some trouble on the Prevention site for repeating/copy/pasting information so I have to be very careful that I don't infringe on the Flat Belly online. I probably shouldn't have post the snack suggestions. (Bev, once off the jumpstart you don't get a snack if you're on the 1100-1300 calorie plan) I started dividing up my lunch, 1/2 at lunch time and the other half around 3:00. Many people complained about not having a place to post snacks on the personal menu and they said they'd work on it.
LeDean, I got a 3 month free trial on the online site, you could try that if you're serious about it. Otherwise I could email you the 4 day jumpstart and the reasons for it.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #50

S/C/G: 238/212.8/135

Height: 5'2'

Bev, I read somewhere on there that some of them were adding it on to one of their meals. I can't remember, but I think there is a place at the end of each meal planned for adding more foods. Check it and see. I planned my whole week on there, but I didn't know what that was for and haven't been back there.

Trish

Trish

If you eat when you are not hungry, you just overate!!!

pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #51

If someone could e-mail me the 4 day jump start I would be ever most grateful!!
Onsecondthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:26 PM   #52
Bobbi

On2ndThought..........I just sent you an instant message with the jumpstart.

Bobbi
Old 03-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #53

Can you believe it? I just got an email from Prevention in answer to my question as to whether I'm getting the book or not. They said they had some kind of technical problems which kept me from being signed up for the plan I wanted so they are sending me the book for free and refunding some of my money. Can't beat that. I think I'll be keeping the book.

Trish

Trish

Old 03-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #54

Bobbi,

Is it legal for us to share our foodlogs? As that would help us and anyone wanting to follow the plan. I changed my Sassy Water to a more Personal. I make up a pitcher of water with just the lemon and ginger. Also, why can't we just share what they showed on RR show. They showed how to make the Sassy Water just went too fast to catch the recipe. They also shared the 3 main rules didn't they? Can't we share that much?

Maybe Suzanne, if she is reading this could give us some guidelines on this. I don't want to break any rules, but want to be helpful too. I know I would appreciate her input on this. This is all new for me.

BTW I checked my JS menu with my WW Flex points. I am allowed 26 pts on Flex Plan and the daily JS plan (Day 3) is 25 pts. which makes it very WW friendly. So I think Day 5 will become WW Flex for me using the 26 pts just following FBD rules.

Trish

Trish

Old 03-03-2008, 03:45 PM   #55
Bobbi

I'm not sure what can or can't be shared. I think food blogs would be o.k., good idea to ask Suzanne. One of the times I got my hands slapped was when I shared the winning Valentine recipe on the Prevention site. I copied/pasted it from the Flat Belly site,added the lady's name that made it. I was told I couldn't take anything out of the book and quote it on the Prevention threads.
I told her I didn't take it out of the book, I took it off the FBD site and I said it was the winner of the contest and who the winner was.
She said they had to tread lightly because the FBD is letting the Prevention site have a forum on their plan. I guess they (FBD)want you to pay for the plan along with buying the book. But like you say, the plan is everywhere. It was on Rachael Ray and Good Morning America plus in the Prevention magazine. So I'm totally confused just like everyone else. I just sent a private message to On2ndThought about the jumpstart. Maybe some of the questions we can answer that way.
Bobbi
Old 03-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #56

Thanks Bobbi. I think you are right. I really don't think sharing what they say on television should be a problem. Maybe we can watch RR and the other show on the net even guide others to read it. What was it Good Morning America? That way we won't give out any more info than what they say themselves. Other info can be sent privately as you say. I'm sure that 3FC have to be careful and I don't want to do anything to lose it. So will wait till we hear from Suzanne on it.

Trish

Trish

Old 03-03-2008, 05:47 PM   #57

I got the message. Thanks Bobbi!
Onsecondthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:41 PM   #58

Hi Everbody,

I finished 4 Day JS and I lost 5 lbs and 2 1/2 inches off my waist. Out of curiosity I did my overall measurement and lost 6 inches total. I did that because I heard RR ask if it would take inches off her rear end and she was told you would lose inches all over. So for the JS that turns out to be true. I am starting Day 5 back on WW Flex using the FBD principles of MUFAs added and being sure that I get my fiber. I read so much on nutrition I'm not sure where I get all my info, but I did read on Prevention.com and in my magazine how important the grains/fiber is. So I think that incorporates some of the Whole Foods thinking as well. How are you doing Bev, Bobby?

Trish

Trish

Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 AM   #59
Bobbi

Fiber? Ah yes, I'm the fiber queen. When I first became aware of fiber and what it does for you I was amazed. Not only does it keep you full but moves everything along, if you know what I mean. I start every morning out with Fiber One. I have little snack zip bags with a serving in it, eat it dry like popcorn while I sit in bed and do Bible studies. Later I always eat a regular breakfast. One serving of Fiber One dry is only 60 calories and you get 57% of your daily fiber from just that. Most people can eat this with milk, I love milk but can't abide soggy cereal, so love it dry.
I'd love to hear what everyone is eating and how they are working it into the FBD program. I personally count calories, but include the MUFA's in.
Bobbo
Old 03-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #60
The Dining Diva

S/C/G: 217.4/217.4/135

Height: 5'2

Default Back in the game

Greetings one and all:

Good news I've lost 6 lbs. Although I was initially discouraged, It occured to me that it may be taking longer for me to see real weight loss because I lift weights. Muscle weighs more than fat. I guess I also really need to use a tape measure to see if I'm loosing inches.
m2nd2none is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.