Old 02-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

I went back and tried joining the FBD site once again since it just did not make sense that I am a member of Prevention and couldn't get it. I got things straightened out and I am joined to FBD for three months. Receipt didn't say anything about the book so don't know if I'm getting it or not. Really don't think I'll need it. If I get it I might send it back. It looks like we get all we need from the website. I'll be going to the store tomorrow any way so I'll get the things for the Sassy water and 4 day jumpstart. I really don't want to buy some of that food for just 4 days. Did any of y'all substitue? I mean use only the foods they tell you to eat, but use it more than just when suggested. Example, buy only cornflakes to eat and not buy rice krispies.

I am really excited about this way of eating (1) because of the ones of you around my age who are doing such a fantastic job of losing on it and (2) it would be great at 64 to have a flat stomach when I don't think I've ever had one even when I was thin growing up.

Is this going to be the 3FC official site for the FBD or the other one we write on. Just wondering. I think this will go and I am definitely in.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM   #32  

Hi i am in to. i check both just in case the sites that is. no really plan here as no book. but i may try the jump thing. ha well good luck to all LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 10:54 PM   #33  

I always check both too.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:20 AM   #34  
The Dining Diva

S/C/G: 217.4/217.4/135

Height: 5'2

Default Dissappointed

I was scared to get on the scale because I didn't feel any smaller and believe it or not. I just finished 4 days of sassy water, writing down every calorie, going to the gym every other day; and I weigh more now than I did before I started. Perhaps I need to join the website. I wanted to wait to purchase the book from a retailer, but I don't feel I can wait. Although, I'm discouraged I will continue because at my smallest I was a size 3 and now I'm bursting out of an 18; and my health, diabetes and high blood preasure leave me no other choice.
m2nd2none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:20 PM   #35  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I just cancelled my membership at the online Flat Belly site, It was very helpful when I first started on the plan. You can belong here and the Prevention site as some of you have mentioned for free. I did order the book but found the online site just as helpful so I returned the book. The plan is so simple to follow, hope we can settle down to just one Flat Belly site here. I have a hard time finding it. I haven't been on the plan all week, DH and I are both getting over some kind of bug. Monday morning I'll see what kind of damage I did. I'm too chicken to get on the scale, I did try to get my MUFA's in.
Bobbi
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM   #36  

Hi Bobbi I joined just for the 3 months and then I will cancel. I see now why I needed to though. I am startig the 4 Day JS tomorrow. I noticed on Preventions FBD site that there are a lot of people in their 50s, 60s and even some in their 70s doing this. That is so wonderful since we've always been told and heard that it is almost impossible for us to lose weight past our 40s and 50s.

I look forward to us having a FBD thread here on 3FC too. I usually post here and at the other thread with this name in it as I never know which one to use. It would be nice to have Just ONE for us.

I hope you and your DH get to feeling better soon.

Trish
Old 02-29-2008, 08:06 PM   #37  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi,

I will also cancel my online membership after the 3 months. I wonder if the book will really help me. They said it has already shipped so I will see soon.

Bobbi, did you cancel your online after the three months? Do you think you will be ok on the plan with not having the book or the online site?

Trish, I agree it would be nice to have just one thread to post on. I get very confused ( which is easily done).
Bev

Last edited by Bev; 02-29-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #38  
Bobbi

The plan is so easy to follow, I printed out the MUFA's list. I learned everything I need to know on the online. Today when I canceled she was very nice about it and asked why. I told her the plan was wonderful, the site very helpful but I can joined the Prevention site for free. She said she understood and I'd be able to log on through April or until my free three months are up. I've lost 12 pounds on it and can fit into some of my Levi's. I hope to drop about 15 more. Is everyone counting calories on Fitday or on the online site. I stopped using the FBD online menu because Fitday is so much easier.
Bobbi
Old 02-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #39  

Hi Bev, Nice to meet you.

I also think it will be easy to do the diet after you cancel even without the book. I plan to print out enough info I think I might need to be able to do it.

I notice a lot of people do Fitday. I don't know much about it. I started out with WW Flex and ordered the Foodmover from Richard Simmons when I ordered Sweatin to the Oldies DVD and Stretching to Classics Video. While waiting for it, I just started counting calories. I didn't intend to, but I felt it was more accurate and less generalized than WW or Richard Simmons. That is probably what I will go back to calorie counting and even use Fitday once I get used to the FBD and get passed the 32 days.

Bobbi, I think I read somewhere that you exercised while doing FBD. Did you exercise while on the 4 Day JS? I plan to alternate days doing 3 of Sweatin to the oldies and 3 Stretching to the Classics. But I was wondering if it would be better to wait until after the JS.

I think when we get our thread going on here at 3FC it will be a lot better support than the one on Prevention. Of course, that may be because I like this setup better. I am a member of Prevention and take the magazine so I believe I'll get good info just from there. In fact, I got some really good info on potatoes and how to cook them on Prevention website before I joined the FBD site.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 02-29-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:32 AM   #40  
Bobbi

Trish... I think you're thinking of Kate, she's the expert on exercisng. I have a bad lower back, knees, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. Yes, I'm a mess! The only thing not wearing out is my energy. I feel good at 62 years old and we have plenty of every day chores to keep my energy level up. We live out in the country, spring, summer and fall are busy months for us. We have a huge garden, two each of apple, peach, pear, apricot, plums and 1 cherry tree. Also raspberries, yum. Winter time is a challenge, the snow drifts are as high as the eaves on our house. It's a challenge getting out to fill the bird feeders, squirrel feeders, etc. We also have 6 Orpington Chickens that provide us with organic brown eggs. Dressing in many layers of winter clothes and hiking out to the chicken coop makes me sweat. I fell twice the other day, the drifts were so high. That's my form of exercise.
I have a set of two pound weights that I use 6 morning a week, I do the alphabet exercise with them. Anyone know what that is? My DH saw it on Rachael Ray show, you hold both weights in front of you with both hands and draw the alphabet in the air in front of you. I do it twice in capital letters, exaggerating each letter as wide and high as I can reach. This doesn't take longer than 3 or 4 minutes but you can feel it in your arms and shoulders. That pretty much is the extent of my so called exercise. I see I've been way too gabby this morning, guess I'll make breakfast. I'd like to combine the two FBD threads, what's ya all tink? Someone wanted to start posting their daily menu's, I think that's a great motivator for anyone who wants to participate.
Bobbi
Old 03-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #41  

Hi Bobbi -

A Big Yes to ONE thread for us to all keep in touch and support each other.

My deceased DH gone now 7 years and I had a small farm in TX and we loved raising our own food. Boy do I miss my own chickens and fresh eggs. Nothing like going out and picking your veggies. I think we were healthier then than any time in our lives. It was a lot of work, but we loved it. I do think you get your exercise doing all you do on a farm. We city folks have to exercise because we don't do enough with sittin' around watchin' television and on computers. You be careful falling though. I have had some of those and they are no fun. I have one knee that I had problems with last summer. I guess it was the thing that caused me to seriously decide I have to do something about this weight. I don't believe that I will have any problems with it once I get the weight off. I've always been fairly healthy but now I have to make some changes if I want to enjoy the rest of my life. My new DH of 5 years now loves to travel and he loves taking me places I never thought I would ever go and see and you got to be able to walk and get around. We are planning a trip back to FL where is DD and her family live. We usuallly drive, but he wants to fly so I can see everything from above. I have to figure out how to cut down a trunk of stuff I usually would take down to one suitcase and one carry on each for an 8 day trip. Oh well I've got time to figure it out. We plan to go in April when DGC are on spring break. I sure would like for me to be 15 lbs lighter by then. I think that is possible with FBD.

Thanks for sharing what the alphabet exercise is and how to do it. I have some light weights that will be perfect for that. may do those during my 4 Day JS... today is Day 1 for me. It is going good except I am getting a headache which I'm sure is because I didn't get my coffee and no chocolate either today. But it is for 4 days and I found an article on FBD site that I can have green tea so I may go brew me a cup.

I'll go for now. You stay warm and take it easy when out in snow doing chores/exercise.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 03-01-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #42  

Finished Day 1 JS yesterday and I was wiped out. DH is a night owl so I usually try to stay up with him and go to bed around 2 am. I went to bed at 11 pm and got up around 10 am this morning. I told him before I went to bed that I wasn't going to be able to go to church this morning. The only thing I really miss right now is my oatmeal and will be glad when I can have it on Day 5. The great thing is that I decided that I just had to see out of curiosity and I was down 2.5 lbs and lost 1" around my waist already. That is exciting for me to see that in one day on a diet. I am excited to see how this goes for me as I don't usually lose that easy. I did experience a headache off and on during the day because of no coffee rule. I hope Day 2 will be nicer to me. I will still not drink the coffee, but will have my green tea.

I think someone started this a day or two before me. How are you? I would love to hear how things are going for you and how you are feeling. I seem to feel tired at times and really feel weak just about the time I need to eat again. Once I eat, I feel energized again.

Trish
Old 03-02-2008, 01:27 PM   #43  
Bobbi

Trish, I had a slight headache the first couple of days too. I lost 6 pounds on the jumpstart and followed the plan very close. I noticed after the first couple of days I wasn't hungry anymore. When I started the regular part of the diet, I quit the planned menu's. I made my own up according to the types of food we eat. Lots of Elk, Venison and Vegetables which fit's into the plan very well. I just added my 3 MUFA's, usually in the form of nuts. I save the Tablespoon of Olive oil or whatever kind I'm cooking with for supper meals.
Good Luck, Bobbi
Old 03-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #44  
Bobbi

Trish, I forgot to mention this! If we don't post on the other Flat Belly thread, it'll die out. Everytime someone post on it, the "Have you tried it" FBD will pops back up to the top.
Old 03-02-2008, 04:46 PM   #45  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Hi, I am doing pretty good on the plan. I do get hungry mid day. The smoothies just don't do it for me. I don't mind them for breakfast but for some reason as a snack I need something to chew. I have not lost as much as others but I am ok with that. Any lose is good for me. I am still exercising so that could be why I am so hungry. I am mine with my breakfast and lunch but I have a hard time with my snack and dinner. I count my calories using calorie king on my PDA. I love using that because I can carry it in my purse and always have it with me.

Bobbi, I will probably do the same thing after the jumpstart as you. I am really confused about the online website because it doesn't have a snack listed under the menu plan. I need my snack to stay on track.

Trish, I also miss my oatmeal. That will be the first thing I change with the plan.

Have a great weekend

bev

Last edited by Bev; 03-02-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote