Old 02-13-2008, 12:16 PM   #31  
Maureen

S/C/G: 215/215/150

Height: 5'7"

Stephanie:

I'm new to this forum and to LAWL. Actually, b/c there are no centers open where I live (Chicago) I purchased the "system" online. What I received was a very detailed WORD document which detailed the various colored plans. My understanding from what I receieved is that I am to figure out how much weight I want to lose and then follow that plan (with respect to amounts of daily protein, fat, starch, etc).

This sounds very much like the old Weight Watchers plan. If you are familiar with the old WW "exchange" system, do you agree?

As I am unable to join LAWL for real (again, all the centers around closed up, apparently about a month before I decided to join!), I'm not sure if what I purchased is the whole system.

Everyone here talks about LA Lites, which seem to be a protein bar of some sort. Are these required for success on the plan? The daily plans that I received talk about substituting certain exchanges for a bar, but it does not specify an LA Lite. I believe that what I have says any bar that is less than 180 calories and at least (maybe it says no more than) 10 grams of carbs.

The information that I recieved also talks about a "juice plan", which if I recall correctly (and I certainly could be wrong) is a sort of "jump start" week long (or so) initial plan. Are you familiar with the juice plan, if so, did you do it?

Sorry to bother you with all these questions, but lucky (??) you, your profile in terms of starting weight and goal, are very much in line with mine. Plus, according to your "numbers" you have done extremely well on this plan...CONGRATS!

The end result of all of these things, is that I have nominated you as my personal LAWL Role Model! Unfortunately for you there are no prizes for this wonderful designation, only long distance respect for your accomplishment! I promise not to bother you too much after this message.

Congratulations on your great accomplishment! Your goal is so close I bet you can almost taste it. Probably a bad analogy but I'm sure you know what I mean!

Mo
ChiTownMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #32  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Mo - there is a program explanation and a couple of other threads posted in this forum that could help with all your questions. My Mom did WW years ago and the LA exchange program is VERY MUCH like the plan she was on.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #33  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Mo,
I started out on purple with lites. I needed the sweet, because I have a horrible sweet tooth. Lately, I have been trying to stretch out my LA Lites and have been using Luna, Pria bars, Balance Bars, etc. I looked here on this site for substitutes and came up with a list so I know exactly what I should be looking for. I can shoot you the list if you want.

I never went to WW. I tried Atkins a few times over the last three or four years, but it never lasted and I ended up heavier than ever. I don’t know for sure if you got the whole system or not. I have both purple and gold plans, but that’s about it. Well, gave purple to my mom just the other day, to see if she would like to try it. I guess you could email the doc to me (or someone else if they read this) to see if it jives with what they have…

I just did the juice (see up in the Sticky’s about what to sub for the TO juice) at the beginning. That was the Fast Forward – unlimited protein and green veggies for two days. Then in August, I was not eating, so did a TO (limited protein, unlimited green veggies), and I lost, but it didn’t stick… and what did I do, bought more TO juice…

And yes, I can almost taste it. And I have been just creeping down lately!

Thanks for ‘nominating’ me, I think… Honestly tho, I don’t mind helping. In the beginning, I was very anal, about everything. Now, I’m a little bit more liberal. No wonder the scale is creeping. I just do what works for me. And I know that what works for me, might not work for everyone.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 248/?/150

Height: 5'4"

O.k. I'm going to jump in here! I don't know anything about LAWL but I do know that I too have what you have (pre-diabetes). You are insulin resistant and probably also have hypo-thyroidism. You will have a weight-loss issue because of these. How do I know...because that's where I'm at. I'm old enough to be your mom however and I know that with age...the weight loss also becomes harder. Reason I'm on this site is I'm looking for (as you are) something that "will" work ALONG WITH support and I think this could be the site for us.
I've done WW, Sugar Busters, South Beach and more...still without alot of success. My endocronologist says "that while it 'will be' hard to lose the weight...it isn't impossible!" So I'm taking her at her word! Persistance for BOTH you and I seem to be the key! I've been doing a bit of reading in the past week and from this I know that "processed" foods are probably something I'll need to completely omit and that carbs (the white kind---potatoes, rice, wheat, sugar) also aren't good. So back to the drawing board--reading the labels better and more 'from scratch' cooking! Let us stand together!!! Blessings......
frustratedieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #35  
Katie

Height: 5'1

It is ALWAYS possible!

You can do it!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote