Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Glenslady!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #17  
Hillary/Plan 4/No Lites

S/C/G: 258/253/180

Height: 5' 10''

Yay, I got to talk to the nutritionist today... she was pretty nice and mostly knew what she was talking about. She said she has worked with a lot of people in my situation, except my body seems to be extra stubborn. She actually suggested pretty much everything you guys did (ie. protein at EVERY meal/snack and to get off of LA Lites). She also suggested that I increase my water consumption. I usually drink 8-10 glasses a day, but she recommended that on days I work out to go up to 16!!! Wow! I'm going to be extra hydrated now. Since I'm going off of lites, she switched me back up to Plan 4 which I wasn't too happy about, but I'm willing to try. On Plan 4 I feel like i'm constantly stuffing my face and feel uncomfortably full all day. But, if it helps me lose weight, so be it. I guess it's better than being hungry!

The WI (i'm catching onto the lingo!! woo!!) wasn't to exciting... I actually gained a couple pounds cuz I was a bad girl last night and went to this all you can eat brazilian BBQ place... So at least I know why. I was 253, which is honestly where I've been around for months so I'm not surprised... just sucks its on the high end of my usual range.

So tomorrow Plan 4 starts. I need to grocery shop tonight so I can be POP.

Anyway, just wanted to give you all an update... thanks for all the help and now i'll start posting on losers and friends instead of this thread.....

[edit] oops...she also took away a starch and added half a protein to plan 4 for me.

Last edited by hillx; 02-12-2008 at 12:35 PM.
hillx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hillary, does that mean they are offering your money back?
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #19  
Hillary/Plan 4/No Lites

Well, I hope so. I went to a different center in order to see the nutritionist. She said that if I get a note from my doctor and bring it to my regular center that they will give me my refund no questions asked because its due to a medical condition... So I hope it doesn't become a problem cuz those bars are expensive!! I just have to get a doctor's note now and cross my fingers they give me money back..
Old 02-11-2008, 09:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Brazilian BBQ sound worth it! Yum!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #21  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

So glad that someone is looking out for you! I have been seriously stuck for a while now and it's really causing me to lose focus. My center closed so it's been a guessing game as to what plan to be on. I'm giving red another week or so and then tying something else. It was so strange to read your post bc I have thought about your situation since type 2 diabetes runs in my family somewhat....

So glad to have you here! I used to live in SD for college and I know there are 2 others who live there too! We are here for ya so join us over on losers and friends!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:41 PM   #22  
Hillary/Plan 4/No Lites

Brazilian BBQ was very yummy!

Amy - It's a small world, I went to college up there, well not in Sac, but in Chico. I miss northern california quite a bit.

I think purple comes after red. I was originally on red (but without lites) the first time I did LAWL and then went down to purple when I was about 210 lbs. So, you're probably where you should be to go on purple since you are on lites... especially since you hit your plateau.

It is hard hitting that point, I've thought about giving up SOO many times. Good luck finding what works for you. And say hi to NorCal for me!!
Old 02-12-2008, 12:33 AM   #23  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Small world! My brother is at Chico-loves it. I'm originally from socal so it's been a nice change of pace for me up here! I do miss SD at times though....when I saw "BBQ" in your post I thought you were going to say you went to Phil's bbq---man I miss that place!!

I did move down to purple after the holidays and didn't lose for a few weeks and decided it was not enough food and put myself back on red....haven't lost on that either! So I'm about to gradually move myself down to purple...I might end up doing purple with an extra protein even though I hate to mess with their lil system....but I just hate not having a protein in the morning....anyway...

Keep us posted on your progress!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:59 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Amy, I shifted the program around to suit me and it has worked. After Christmas I realized I did not want to be using the bars as having the sweets seemed to me to crave more and feel less full. Plus, I really thinks they are too much sugar. I had lost 20# and had been told before the COD went AOL that I would be switched to plan 2 at that point. So I moved myself to plan 2 w/o lites. but I added 1/2 protein and unlimited veggies. In addition I have a glass of red wine every night and a small piece of dark chocolate when I want one.
I have lost 10# in the last 7 weeks. With out feeling hungry.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #25  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Good for you Tuesday! I'm doing the plat break right now, will follow it up with a fast forward (unlimited TO) and then gradually start changing my plan. I think I'm going to switch to one lite a day (shake), one less starch than I get now and give myself the extra 1/2 protein. That is totally do-able to me.

I know it was suggested that I move to the blue plan. Anyone have the stats on that? It is less protein oz. per exchange, but more exchanges overall. That might be a good option for me as it's meant to keep you full all day if you have a very busy schedule, or one where you work nights etc.

It's been almost 2 months since I've gotten back on track. Granted the weekends have been horrible, but even still I would expect to see losses during the week and I haven't. I'm praying this plat. buster will get things moving again. It's just getting ridiculous!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #26  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Glad I found this discussion. I changed from the purple plan to the numbered plans (3) back in October I think it was. I've lost a little since then but have fellt like I've been spinning my wheels with all the up and down. Up until this I had never had a gain. Granted we've had the holidays to deal with which is why I haven't really changed plans yet...I keep saying that I've not really given the plan a chance by sticking to it without "cheating." It just seems to me the extra starches are causing me to crave more of them. Perhaps adding some protein and losing a starch is a good answer for me as well.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:52 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hillary, I went to Chico, and it has been years, but I still miss it. It was a wonderful place when you are college aged. It sounds like they gave you a good plan. Stick with it, I'm sure with all that water you will at least go back down to the lower part of your range here soon, and hopefully start seeing the scale move to down below that range. It sounds like a reasonable response to your issues to shift things around like they have for you. With all the exercise that you are doing, you do need to eat to keep your body fueled.

Amy, I've been a fan of the blue for quite awhile. I think the exchanges are identical to red, except that you get the smaller portions, ie 6 oz of chicken instead of 8, etc. I know it is 2 and 1/2 protein, 3 starches, 1 dairy, 1 fat, 3 fruits and I don't recall the veggies, as I always eat as many as I want... but it might have been 3...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:42 PM   #28  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Amy: Blue is 2 1/2 proteins, 3V, 3f, 3S, 1D, 1F, 2 lites. Do you need the protein sizes? I've got an extra blue plan book if you need it. Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 07:28 PM   #29  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Yes- when someone originally suggested blue I didn't realize that the portion sizes of the proteins were different! Can you fill me in on what they are? I've only seen red and purple. I have a gold book that my center gave me when they closed...are the portions sizes (ozs) the same as that? I know it goes down a bit once you are done with purple.

Thanks for the help guys! Blue sounds like the plan I was going to "make up" for myself-but I'd like to know what the difference in protein size is!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy, The protein portion sizes for Blue are the same as on Gold. I've probably got both books at home. Purple is higher (have that one too).

Actually I think Blue is only 1/2 protein and 1 starch more than Gold.

I'm currently trying to stick with the good ole Blue. I like having a little protein and a starch for every meal.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote