3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   energy?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/133721-energy.html)

momof3boys1girl 02-06-2008 02:42 PM

energy??

does anyone take anything for energy ..i feel so tired latley?? wondering if anyone knew of a pill or some kind of a supplement for increased energy??

thanks jamie

krjpy 02-06-2008 03:06 PM

Are you exercising? I find that when I exercise, I have more energy and when I miss more than a day, I feel tired.

I'm not really big on pills, so this is how I handle it.

Katy66 02-06-2008 03:23 PM

Are you taking vitamins of any kind? That may help and Kelly's right about the exercise. I always have more energy when I can manage to get a workout in.

ChefsGirl 02-06-2008 04:52 PM

Getting all of you foods in? Great nutrition and a vitamin supplement does it for me.

momof3boys1girl 02-06-2008 05:05 PM

what kind of vitamins do you reccomend im not taking anything right now..
thanks JAMIE

amylou7777 02-06-2008 11:03 PM

Hi Jamie

I order my vitamins online from vitacost. I take a regular multi vitamin, psyllium husk tablets (fiber) and Mega EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids). I also take a viactiv calcium chew and a calcium tablet (sometimes).

We are on the same plan....make sure you start your day with your 1/2 Protein, or sometimes a full protein.

Also, I read an article about exercising in the morning and it's energy benefits.

Hope you are getting plenty of rest!

ChefsGirl 02-07-2008 02:36 PM

I do Women's One a Day for my multivitamin - they come in a orange bottle.

I also take 2 Fiber Con per day.

Hey Amy - what do you take the essential fatty acid one for? I'm feeling like my nails are getting kind of brittle b/c lack of fat. Would this help?

BarbaraB 02-07-2008 07:15 PM

Jamie, I agree with Jill, you need to be sure to eat all your exchanges. If you don't fuel your body it will shut down. I know mine has done this before. When you go into the "starvation mode" signals are a lack of energy, feeling cold, actually being cold (if your temperature is 96 instead of 98, then your body is really into conserving calories, I took my temperature and have seen this before when I was feeling that I was starving) oh and the eventual hunger and tendency to binge. Since a starving body is going to take over and try to get you to eat eventually. I like to think of losing weight as finding that "sweet spot" where you are eating enough to keep fueled, but little enough to have a deficit. Really that is what LAWL is designed to do, but sometimes it takes a little tweaking to find that right spot for you. We are all different though, so each of us is going to have our different "sweet spot" where the pounds drop. I think that sweet spot gets harder to hit as you get lighter, which is one of the reasons it is so hard to get the last few pounds off...

Jill, I do think that the Omega 3 fatty acids have many benefits for your heart and circulation and inflamation in the body in general and also is supposed to help your brain functioning. So it may be a good thing to take a supplement since we may not be getting enough with the low fat consumption in our food on plan

Repo girl 02-07-2008 11:17 PM

Jaime- Try a vitamin B supplement. A slow release tablet daily would really help.

ChefsGirl 02-08-2008 11:33 AM

Hear hear Barb! I know that not getting all of my foods in has caused my weight loss to slow. I haven't been eating off plan, but I haven't been eating enough lately. I am making HUGE efforts to eat all of my stuff like I did in the beginning. Hoping to see some results w/in the next week.

It took me so long to get out of the mindset that I had to be hungry to lose weight. Now I take my hunger pains as a signal that I am doing something very wrong!

Just to let you guys know what I am dealing w/ here.......check out my plan info.

5 proteins
5 fruits
6 vegtables
3 dairy
5 fats
10 starches!!

That's a heck of alot of food I have to stuff in my face. I honestly feel like I am force-feeding myself sometimes, but that is the only way I lose weight. It's craziness.

Tuesday Cool 02-08-2008 09:34 PM

I could not even come close to eating that much! Not even when I was actively gaining (ie the rest of the time). I have no advise for you but you have my sympathy. You may need to talk to a doctor or nutritionist to see if this is realistic. I understand the basis of the plan is to step down in calorie count by steps and those steps correspond with current weight and target weight but that seems like a lot of food. 10 starches? Where do I sign up?