Help!! I need some new ideas for meals

• I am in a slump!! The weight is just not falling off!! I am soooo tired of roasted chicken and baked fish and steamed veggies!!!
    I love to cook!! Got any good ideas or anything new you have tried??

180/167/155
  • Turkey Italian Sausage (I like the Jenne-Os Hot, but they have a sweet if you don't like spicy) with Pasta Sauce and Wheat Pasta. (1P, 1V, and 1S)

I do Turkey Tacos too when I don't really feel like cooking.

I have been using the Turkey to avoid the beef a little more and I get a larger amount for a serving with the Turkey than the beef.
  • you can also check out the "whats for dinner" thread, there are some ideas there.
  • take ground beef and brown then add salsa. It is quite delicious. Teh rst of the family eats it on buns liek sloppy joes. I just have mine with a salad or other veggies.
  • I start getting kinda grossed out eating the same things over and over so I try to not eat the same things more than once or twice a week.

For proteins I have: boneless skinless chicken breasts, rotisserie (sp?) chicken (from Costco), halibut, shrimp, scallops, turkey, deli meats, cottage cheese, peanut butter, tilapia, eggs, lean steak, Boca crumbles, ground turkey.

For veggies I have: steamed broccoli, roasted cauliflower (roast at 425 for 20 min - YUM - I will never eat it steamed again), roasted brussel sprouts, sauted onions with peppers (fajitas), rutabaga, zucchini, mushrooms, bean sprouts, frozen stir fry blends, cucumbers, carrots and green salad.

There are lots of recipes on this site but also take your old favorites and modify them for your diet plan.
  • Quote: I start getting kinda grossed out eating the same things over and over so I try to not eat the same things more than once or twice a week.
    Me too, i am a big red meat and pasta eater, and i am only on week 2 of the La Express, so variety has been difficult. I am not a fish eater, but have tried to add it at least 1x week, and i can only handle so much chicken. My dinner a couple of times a week have been eggs and omelets, although i know i can't go on eggs forever!1
  • Pizza Caserole!!

1 pound of ground turkey, browned with italian spices added
    1 cup of low sodium spaghetti sauce
    2 cups of elbow macaroni - cooked "al dente"
    shredded skim or part skim mozzerella

Combine the ground turkey, elbow macaroni and sauce in a caserole dish and then cover with a layer of the cheese. Bake covered for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and continue baking for 15 minutes or so, to allow the cheese to brown..

cut into 3 X 3 inch squares.. One serving equals: 1P, 1S, 1/2 V and 1/2 Dairy.

I know we're not really supposed to split portions like that, but it's the best I could come up with.. It's not a lot of cheese or veg, but you do get some benefit...

You could also use low sodium canned tomatoes instead of sauce, but you'd have to add a lot of Italian spice to add flavor. I'd also run them through a processor, but that's because I don't like chunky tomato sauce...
  • Quote: Me too, i am a big red meat and pasta eater, and i am only on week 2 of the La Express, so variety has been difficult. I am not a fish eater, but have tried to add it at least 1x week, and i can only handle so much chicken. My dinner a couple of times a week have been eggs and omelets, although i know i can't go on eggs forever!1
    I'm like you, big on the meat and pasta.. But in the last year and a half, I've learned to tolerate fish.. We still have steak once a week on average, or a beef roast.. You don't have to cut it out completely, just reduce the portion sizes and the frequency..

I still don't like fish, but I've been able to come up with creative ways to prepare it.. There are some good recipe ideas here up on the top of the page.

Look for shrimp recipies too.. You can do almost anything with it.. Cook up a little stirfry with veggies and enova oil. Splash of low sodium soy and toss in some shrimp.. No worries..

As for pasta.. I really don't eat it much anymore. It's a rare treat, since we're so limited in our portions..

If we're committed to changing our lifestyle, we'll get used to it..

You can do it!!