3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Anyone has the material to decide what plan you should go on? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/133646-anyone-has-material-decide-what-plan-you-should-go.html)

Floprieto 02-05-2008 03:43 PM

Anyone has the material to decide what plan you should go on?

Hi everyone!

I am usually on the Medifast post... But i just found out that i was pregnant and i cannot stay on that program because of all the chemicals and the consequences it could have for the baby! My doctor told me that i could still diet, but i needed a sensible plan... LA weight loss seems pretty good from what i read in your posts!

I haven't found any center by me, and with them closing all over, i am kinda of scared to invest any money... I am a single parent of a 19 months old and just found out that iw as expecting again and money is pretty tight... So i would really appreciate any help!

A little bit about me:
28 yo
5'6
198 pds
little activity (teacher)

Thanks a lot!

Floprieto 02-12-2008 04:32 PM

any help, please?

BarbaraB 02-12-2008 08:30 PM

I don't know exactly what plan a pregnant person would be on, certainly nothing lower than Red. I do think it depends on whether you plan on using a bar replacement or not. I do think that going on the Red plan with lites is probably safe for pregnancy, and you can replace the lites with Luna bars found at most grocery stores to save some costs. I do think the plan description for Red can be found on the site somewhere. Of course getting the exact serving sizes is hard without the plan book.

amylou7777 02-12-2008 09:31 PM

hi Flo! Congrats on your pregnancy!

I definitely am not sure which plan you should be on...I think Barb is right about red.

Red Plan is

2 1/2 Proteins
4 Vegetables
3 Fruits
3 Starches
1 Fat
1 Dairy

and if you decide to use lites/lunas- you get 2 a day.

I was just doing a search on switching to a different colored plan and I just googled "lawl blue plan" and I got some good info--I even found an old, old thread from this forum giving a good description (Barb-this was before I saw your post!)

I'm sure other's will chime in to help you out! GL!

shshshhh 02-12-2008 11:56 PM

I just checked the information I had and it specifically states that "breasfeeding mothers" should not go below Red (with Lites). My guess would be if you did not choose to use the Lunas as substitues for the Lites and just eat food you would follow Red1:
2 1/2 proteins
4 starches
4 fruits
4 vegetables
2 dairies
1 fat

The servings are pretty specific according to the type of protein and starch, so it would be difficult to give you all the information without somehow getting you a copy of the booklet.

Wish I could be of more help

Roberta

aphil 02-13-2008 07:53 AM

I would not go on LAWL since you are expecting. Seriously. A breastfeeding mother is one thing, an expecting mother is something else.

You need to see your doctor, and speak with them about your concerns and get a plan from them, or a dietician.

Breastfeeding mothers who are trying to LOSE weight can do Red, which would be around 1800 calories a day, give or take.

You would want to be on at least 2000 calories a day at this time, more during your second adn third trimester.

Please see a dietician or nutritionist.

Katy66 02-13-2008 09:05 AM

I agree with Aphil, a dietician would be your best bet while pregnant.