Old 08-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #1  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Default Wiifit weight accurate?

Ok im really confused my home scale says im 261 but my in laws wii fit says im 250..... are the wii fit weighst accurate?? becuase i must say i have been wondering about my scales for a little while...

and the wii fit makes sure your balanced and everythign before taking your weight.. so now im wonderin..

My inlaws bout the wii fit this week and it is the first time i have ever been on it.. my wiifit age was 26 .. which was good .. and im 28 in october so i was happy with that.. but the weight has really thrown me.. and i cant stop wonderin if its right ???? i should be sleeping its nearly midnight but.. my brain is just ticking away like one of those annoying clocks.. lol.....

can anyone please tell me with experience with wiifit.. are they usually of like this or should i get some new scales???? lol...
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:19 AM   #2  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Amy,

You may want to try your doctor's scale...or even just go scale shopping and try out some of the ones in the store.

I have found the scale on my wii fit to be pretty accurate...but you could have a defective one. The only way to really know is to get a third opinion.

Hope the wii fit is right! How awsome would an instant 11 lb drop be??!!!
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #3  
aka Wendi (it's shorter!)

S/C/G: 215/203/155

Height: 5'6"

I have a Wii Fit. It's really sensitive to things carpet- are you using the extra feet that come with it? I put the extra set of feet on mine and it's fairly accurate, but without them it always thinks I'm lighter.

On the downside, I hate how it makes your Mii fat =( my poor little mii
Asynchronous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 12:15 PM   #4  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

I know my wii is all fat and obese, so cute!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #5  

Yeah, and the Wii isn't very tactful about it either! I hate when I get on the scale and it goes "oh!" Or when I way myself and it says "That's obese!" It's still fun, but come on Nintendo, be nice!
Old 08-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #6  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

oh yeah we had my son programmked in and i wanted to try the tight rope game.. ... a screen came up saying... your weight has changed a bit do you wish to conitnue??? lmao.... i conitued and it worked fine but its just like.. omg that is rude.. lol .. very good point about the floor i didnt even think about that.. my in laws have carpet.. and im measuring on hard floors ..

Ill stick to my scales.. since im down to 259.6 today anyway.. lol
amouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #7  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by amouse View Post
Ok im really confused my home scale says im 261 but my in laws wii fit says im 250..... are the wii fit weighst accurate?? becuase i must say i have been wondering about my scales for a little while...
I have one of those super cool Tanita scales and my Wii Fit is always within a half-pound of what the Tanita says; sometimes exactly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynchronous View Post
Yeah, and the Wii isn't very tactful about it either! I hate when I get on the scale and it goes "oh!" Or when I way myself and it says "That's obese!" It's still fun, but come on Nintendo, be nice!
It says "oh" when the smaller people step on too. Don't read so much into it.

And it says "that's overweight" and "that's normal" to the people who weigh-in at those ranges. It's not personal. It's a machine programmed to speak the results, whatever they may be.

If the sounds feel less-than-tactful to your ears, do the body test on MUTE!

full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #8  

Oh, it doesn't bother me too much, I just think it's funny- "Step on.... oh!" Well, you asked for it!
Old 08-04-2008, 07:55 PM   #9  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asynchronous View Post
Oh, it doesn't bother me too much, I just think it's funny- "Step on.... oh!" Well, you asked for it!

Last edited by full of grace; 08-04-2008 at 07:56 PM. Reason: fix code
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 230/149/138

Height: 5'6

Mine's on carpet, so I added the extra feet on the bottom and it's pretty close to the Weight Watchers scale. I tell it my clothes are "heavy" so it subtracts 4lbs, and the weight it displays is 3lbs lower than the Weight Watchers scale. I think it's pretty close.
Lunula is offline   Reply With Quote