Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 AM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for all the advice/info everyone. I know that I was a little over the top yesterday!

I can be a bit dramatic.....but that just makes for a colorful personality right??

I am not giving up. No way! No way! No way!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 AM   #17  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
Yeah my bro is a junior there now. And as far as I can see it's still one big party up there! I had never been to Chico before he moved up there and it's quite the town. He absolutely loves it and I'm glad. We grew up in socal so now that both of us are up north we've gotten to see how the rest of the state lives!

Welcome Sunflower!
omg what a coincidence....I am from so cal too! Born and raised in orange county....what part are you from?

But yeah....Chico is quite the party town. I love it.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amy and Sunflower, I've heard that the parties in Chico are nothing like they were back in the days that I attended.... sigh..... They don't even have pioneer week anymore! Or at least not like it was (huge party for a whole week) I had a good time. Studied very hard though and didn't have a lot of time to attend all the parties. I had a room mate who was a recreation major, and those guys knew how to recreate. I miss the parks, one mile and five mile... It was a fun place to spend time, and the people were all so friendly.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Jill

We are so much alike and from the first time I read one of your posts, I felt like you were my "twin". Please hang in there. You are so right about the only option is to gain more weight and that is clearly not what we want for ourselves. I just gained too, 7 pounds, because of one thing here, one thing there; and it amazes me how fast it comes back on when it takes so long to take it off. Especially when it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound and I know I didn't eat an extra 24.000 calories in those two weeks.

I think the counselor is nuts for telling you to wake up and eat some protein and go back to sleep. Think the most important thing is to spread out your calories during the time you are awake. On the biggest loser, both Bob and Jillian repeat consistently that it is 'bottom line' calories in/calories out.

Hang in there, get back OP and we will see the scale heading back the right way.

Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 02-06-2008 at 06:04 PM.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 AM   #20  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Amy and Sunflower, I've heard that the parties in Chico are nothing like they were back in the days that I attended.... sigh..... They don't even have pioneer week anymore! Or at least not like it was (huge party for a whole week) I had a good time. Studied very hard though and didn't have a lot of time to attend all the parties. I had a room mate who was a recreation major, and those guys knew how to recreate. I miss the parks, one mile and five mile... It was a fun place to spend time, and the people were all so friendly.

I have only heard stories of what Chico was like in it's prime!! I'm sure much has changed! It still seems like a super friendly/fun place to live and go to school! My brother loves it.

Sunflower-we grew up near Santa Barbara! I had lots of friends in college (in SD) who were from Orange County!

Last edited by amylou7777; 02-07-2008 at 02:19 AM.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:29 AM   #21  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou7777 View Post
I have only heard stories of what Chico was like in it's prime!! I'm sure much has changed! It still seems like a super friendly/fun place to live and go to school! My brother loves it.

Sunflower-we grew up near Santa Barbara! I had lots of friends in college (in SD) who were from Orange County!
Awesome! Yeah, I am planning to move to LA after Chico in a couple of years. I love Chico but I cant live here forever.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:31 AM   #22  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Yeah it sucks that Pioneer Days was cancelled....I think it was because someone got stabbed.

Yeah, they've really been cracking down on parties, frats can no longer have alcohol in their houses or have parties (this happened two years ago, at the beginning of my Junior year, now a super senior)...it was dying down when I was a freshman. But the bar scene is still hoppin! My favorite bar here is either Reiley's or Panama's.....what was your favorite bar?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #23  

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Roberta! I've got alot of fight left in me!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jill, sorry to take over your thread with all the Chico talk! You have a lot of fight, and it is a winnable fight.

Sunflower, I graduated in 1985! So my back in the day, was really a long time ago. I looked and only the Oasis remains of the bars that were there when I attended... hardly a favorite, as it was run down when I was there, so I can't imagine what it might look like now. They did have gigantic 1$ pitchers of beer there on Monday nights, so it was Monday night at the "O", not that I recall going there more than maybe once or twice in 4 years....
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #25  

I have also heard that drinking hot water with lemon is supposed to help get rid of water weight kept because of sodium. I can't choke it down myself, but I thought I would pass the info along.
lilczarina is offline   Reply With Quote