Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #106  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Thanks Kim!
Why did you take your pic off? I miss your pretty face! He he!
You are so close to the v-day goal! You are going to make it! I know it!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #107  
Blue w/lites - No COD

S/C/G: 208/157/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy66 View Post
Becky - You should never worry about posting here, we all go through the "ups" if you will of this process. Let everyone here help you! A cruise sounds wonderful, were are you going?

)

Katy - We are cruising out of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean with stops in Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Maartin. I absolutely cannot wait. I've never been on a cruise before, but we're going with my sis & BIL and they are pros. We are actually going to celebrate our 20th anniversary in March but decided to go in Feb to keep away from the Spring Breakers.

Kim - Just looked at your pics. All I can say is WOW. Now I really want one. I have had 2 c-sections so I know I will NEVER have a flat stomach again unless I have surgery. I was actually wanting to get a breast lift, but that looks better. I wonder if I could get a package deal. I guess I'd better start saving up.

Dan - Sorry about all the girl talk. But I guess you're used to it on here by now.
okie in il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #108  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Same here Felicia! I'm thankful he is so involved but it sure makes it hard when he has to be away. Luckily my job doesn't take me away, just have to work late sometimes.

Dan - Now I certainly think that drinks AND appetizers are in order for someone who is having to drop their beloved truck off for repairs the next morning...don't you?

Liz - I didn't recognize you at first, love the new picture.

KimberlyR - You are just kicking butt with your losses girl! Keep it up and maybe I'll be inspired

Roberta - Guess we dream about what we are missing the most huh

Jill - I'm thinking package deal myself, TT and Lift

Gotta run, I got my presentation finished but now I have to get to my other work. This is so much more fun though
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Becky and Katy-IF you ever think about plastic surgery and more than one thing its cheaper to do whatever you want all at the same time if you can afford it because you're only paying for the operating room one time. My only regret is that I didnt do the breast lift at the same time.

Sorry Dan! LOL
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #110  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hello All
AMY a big hi to you since you were looking for me! I am here!! And as I just came back from mass I sit here with a big black smudge on my forehead!
Barbara I am going to do fish every Friday and give up the booze too.. ugg.. Valentine's will be some sparkling water for me.. let it show on the scale please!
It's been a crazy time for us lately so hence the lack of communication! A girlfriend of mine was down in Mexico with her husband and another couple. They went out for dinner and he fell asleep on the couch and they all stayed up for a bit longer. When she went to wake him in the morning she discovered he'd passed away in his sleep. He was only 53 and the best thing that ever happened to her. She had to make all the arrangements in Mexico while dealing with a language barrier and most of last week I was gone visiting her, helping at the viewings and the funeral so it was a roller coaster.
I did decide that life is too short for this scale to rule me so I'm now only going to get on it once a week, I'm being much more patient when my girls are spatting with each other and making a point to tell my DH how much I appreciate him!
Sounds like lots of you have had a bumpy week or two but hang in there.. we have our health and each other! And I promise I'll be on more again with my usual wit and humor to pick you all up!!!!

xoxo
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #111  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Wow Kristen, that certainly does put our struggles into perspective doesn't it! Glad to see you and my prayers are with your friend.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:07 PM   #112  
LAWL Salt Police

Wow Kristen.. How awful for your friend.. I can't imagine trying to deal with that kind of situation. My mom's husband had to deal with something similar to that when he and his previous wife were on a trip to China.. Too scary for me to think about..

Glad to see you though!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #113  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Thanks everyone, great to see all of you again!!. She is doing as well as can be expected. In tribute I think it made all of us reevaluate 'the small stuff'.. as long as we have our friends and family.. the rest is just details!
Hope you are all warm and safe.. we are under winter storm watch two and getting tired of the sight of our shovels.
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #114  

Kim

I am back on track now, and have learned that beating myself up causes nothing more than a bunch of bruises to myself. LOL. Been there, done that and have a bunch of t-shirts. Feels so good to be back on my plan. Made a couple of adjustments but totally OP today.

Lizzie - know what you mean about driving a smaller car. I had a SUV and when I was on a trip we rented a regular car. Felt so strange not being up high and being able to see everything.

Kristen - Wow . that is awful for your friend. Katy you are so right about putting things into perspective.

Kimberly R - Good for you for being OP and losing 4 pounds in 6 days. That is totally awesome. Here's to you hitting the 230's.

Swam for an hour - felt sooooooo good to be back in the water.

All this talk about TT's has got me thinking too.

Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 02-06-2008 at 05:51 PM.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #115  

Height: 5'7"

Oh yea, I’m definitely getting the “girls” done also. They should be about hitting my knees by the time this weight is all gone…….and I’m only 32!!!

It will be a full body makeover, there is really no other option. I am not working this hard to still be flabby all over!

Shot in the dark here……Liz are you Dan’s wife? I apologize if I’m jumping to conclusions.

Kristen that is just awful. It would be hard enough, but to be in another country. My heart goes out to your friend.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristen... You just made me go and take a panicked look at the calendar... Valentines is not on a friday! As I told DH we could have a steak. I'm hoping no alcohol and more fish will move the scale too. So sorry to hear about your friend's death. Was he ill at all, or was it the total shock that it sounded like it was? We are all doing our health a big favor by following the plan. I know when I had my physical this year, everything was better, which after a few years where every year things were a bit worse every year, was nice to see.

Kim, I've been thinking my girls could use a lift too.. I don't want to tell my boss why I'm taking time off though..... oh and it would be enough time that I'd have to have a conversation with my bosses boss and his boss too likely.... So I guess I'll just be hanging loose... ha ha....

Becky, We went on a cruise for our 20th anniversary a few years ago. I loved it. We had a really good time, and it will be good to be in some warmer weather. We went down the Western side of Mexico though. I want to go on a cruise to Alaska sometime soon too... Well that might have to be an after my daughter graduates from college celebration though...

Jill, I bet you are looking forward to Florida. I hope that your exercise gets easier for you. I found that my knees were much, much happier after I lost some weight. So hopefully as the weight drops, the knees will not bother you near as much.

Jillian, I hope you have a nice few days off. Any word from your DH yet? Once my DH took a trip to India and I didn't hear from him for 3 weeks. That was so hard. I'm surprised that he can't call home more often that that! But then again with his dad just passing and all perhaps his calls home are spread around to other relatives too.

Felicia, I thought it was really hard when my DD was young and my DH went away. 6 weeks is way too long though. I hope he gets at least some time home during that time. That is too long away from your family.

I'm looking forward to tonights night out for my DD 19th birthday. I decided to limit myself to maintenance exchanges today, since I know that it will be almost impossible to stick with the weight loss portions at the fondue restaurant. That way I can still keep myself in check.. Tomorrow I'll get right back with the weight loss portions.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:03 PM   #117  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Good afternoon. Good to see some of our MIAs checking in today...missed ya.

I'm in a really good mental place today...diet wise anyways. I've been POP all day and have planned out my dinner, so I should stay on track. Planning my meals, actually NOT planning my meals, has been my biggest issue and cause for slip-ups lately.

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill last night!
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #118  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Becky - We've been on several Western Caribbean cruises, but not on an Eastern route yet...sounds fun! We have another Alaska cruise scheduled for our 25th anniversary in September...can't wait.

Jill - Where are you going in Florida? We have had some crazy weather lately, but probably nothing like you have had.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:08 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

i see everone is up and running. wow almost 3 pages since i was here this morning.

talk about girls being to the knees, after Dylan decides to stop breastfeeding i'm sure mine will be to my knees, half way there (sorry Dan). I think i'm going to sign up for the TT and lift also since we want 1 more kid and after 4 there is no way i'll ever get flat tummy on my own.

Kristen - so sorry to hear about your friend, how horrible.

Becky - A cruise is definitely what i need right now. i went to st. thomas & st. maarten on our 1st and only cruise and st. thomas is so beautiful. Careful tho you can gain 10lbs easy on a cruise. I was preggo with my 1st at the time so i pigged out.

barbara - mmm fondue, sounds yummy. Are you going to the melting pot? (if you dont mind me asking). Have fun!

Last edited by Debbie24; 02-06-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:17 PM   #120  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Paula- Nice Attitiude! Good job on getting on the treadmill!
Kristen-That was a sad story about your friend I cannot imagine that. How sad!
Barb- Have fun at your dd's bday! I bet you will have a great time!
Liz-Nice new pic! Like it a lot!
HI Jill, Katy, Dan and Roberta!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote