Old 02-05-2008, 11:39 AM   #61  
LAWL since 9/06

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has been so long. Work has been keeping me busy, even at home. But now that things have settled down here at work, it isn't affecting home.

Well, as Dan said, we had a bit of a mishap this last weekend. At first I was very upset, but then realized that these things do happen. At the same time, I remember the last time I got a new vehicle, in 2003, it was totalled in 2004 and I think that was what got me upset the most. But I am alright now and was already telling him during the movie that it was alright. We are waiting for the parts to get in, whatever those may be, to have it fixed which should be today or tomorrow.

Well the struggle continues. I am still at 170 and was as high as 175 a couple of days ago. But realized I had stuff stored in my body that had not come out, if you know what I mean. So am back down to 170 today. I still am struggling with getting back on plan completely. Like Dan said, for some reason I am not getting in all my fruit. Maybe because I am bored with them. But I usually am always forgetting something. So today, I am going to do my damndest to keep on plan. I brought some turkey, cheese and one piece of bread for lunch. I had oatmeal for breakfast. And am going to try to get all my water in. Wish me luck.

Nicole - Congrats on the grandbaby. I am not sure how I would take the news, but whats done is done right. You will be a great GM.

Liza, Jillian, and all other losers - congrats on the loses. I envy you. LOL.

I guess I had better get something done today. Talk more later.
Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #62  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone It has been a very busy morning for me....and I am only stopping in to say hello, do a bit of reading, and check to see if Lynn stopped in I hope everyone is having a great day and staying OP.
Liz.......good to see you, and thankyou
Amy.....love love love the new avatar.
Hellos to everyone.......I really must be off now..........but I hope to be back soon to play
XOXO
day 2 of being a very good girl
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:10 PM   #63  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all,

It is Mardi Gras day here. So, my DS is out of school. I only have a minute but did want to check in and say that I hope everyone has a POP day.

Kimberly- Congrats on the loss

Amy- I like your new avatar pic.

Everyone else that I missed- Have a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:41 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liz, I decided to look at frozen foods, since the selection in the fruit isle at the store was so abysmal this time of year. There are some good options that are not loaded with sugar and frozen berries are wonderful with yogurt in a smoothie for breakfast. You may not have lost any recently, but you didn't gain either. Just maintaining your loss over the holidays and during a stressful time at work is a victory for you.

Kimberly, Glad to see the scale at an all time low. Your valentine's goal looks like you could make it. Have a POP day, even with your folks. 30 pounds is great.. that is when everyone started to really notice that I had lost weight.

Lettie, Good for you, even if you don't win the pot, you win by getting your exercise in. Exercise has become so important to me. I can't believe how good it makes me feel, and I was never ever like that in the past.

Amylou, I love your new avatar. You look like a lawyer I would hire. I think perhaps your weight is stalled because you are stressed from school work. It sounds like you are working very hard. Try to steal some time to exercise and to relax or meditate or pray (whatever brings you to a peaceful place).

Dionne, You get a day off for Mardi Gras? Wow... I guess it is a big time celebration in the south. I usually give up something for Lent, but this year have not decided on anything yet. Probably should give up alcohol, even though I don't drink very often. I feel bad as I promised my DD that we would take her out on her birthday and already made the reservations and plans, and then learned that it was ash wednesday on her birthday (which traditionally we fast on that day). Oh well.. I converted to Catholocism, but I don't think I've quite got this Catholic thing down, but I think I'm not doing too bad, since I feel so guilty...

Hi Nicole, Is your DD feeling well? I guess she might be long over morning sickness by now anyway.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #65  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi...just a quick check in to see what's happening with everyone. I'm doing okay so far today...stayed OP yesterday, but not quite POP...trying more today.

I'll come back later when I have more time.

Stay strong.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:32 PM   #66  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone, I am here too, just lurking. I have an insane number of kids today. I will try to check back in later!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #67  

Height: 5'7"

OMG! How could I be posting on here for over a month and not know about this thread? Am I living under a rock?

I love hearing bits of your personal lives!

I will be checking in daily!

Not much going on here. Freakin' snowing again. This has been a very active winter to say the least. Very much looking forward to Florida next weekend

I too my COD's advice and went back to a week when I did well to try and get back on track. So far so good today! Will be hitting the treadmill right after work also.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #68  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Another long day at work. I do fine, stop by grocery store and end up eating the whole bag of grapes on the way home. Groceries to the trunk in the future. Guess I was eating my fruit and Liz's, too!

Amy - great picture. Kimberly, great loss!

Katie: I know you've mentioned you use Laughing Cow Cheese. Is that one of the types of cheese that should be used infrequently? I tried some on crackers yesterday and it was really good.

Way to go to all the loosers! You give the rest of us something to strive for! Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:23 PM   #69  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Yes, we get the day off for Mardi Gras. You know because no matter what New Orleans says the birthplace of Mardi Gras was Mobile. There are about 6 parades here today. I didn't go down to the parades today. My son is not feeling well and my hubby is out of town. I don't like to go in big crowds with the kids without him.

I stayed POP today for the first time in a while. I really hope to see a great loss on Friday.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:24 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default Fat Tuesday!

My least favorite day! Fat Tuesday! Well, that is not me any longer! So there! From now on it is Skinny Tuesday! Well at least "normal body weight if a little self conscious and not ready for a bikini or even trying pants on at Loeman's Tuesday"
I am going to compile some of my easy to mix up "recipes" and will post this weekend for all you bored eaters. I have some great stuff. Using some basic items and mixing and matching I come up with something new every day- OP!!!!
Sorry, Dan most have a fare bit of NaCl.
As for me give me salt!
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

So what have you done today to make you feel proud?

I was POP & proud of myself!

Anyone watched TBL? I have to say that i'm very happy with the end result. I dont want to give anything away but i'm glad to see that person finally go.

Just wanted to check in real quick, its been pretty slow today huh?

Still no Lynn i see. Where are you??

Nighty night everyone.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #72  

I have been reading this thread for a while now (Losers and Friends) and hesitated to post because I was not sure what the ground rules for joining but today I am feeling braver so I am 'jumping in at the deep end of the pool'. Can anyone following LAWL and on 3FC be part of this group?

Promise I won't get my feelings hurt if the answer is "no".

On a 1 month forced medical leave and need all the help I can get so I am reading like crazy on these boards.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 AM   #73  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Jill, Roberta- I never realized you didn't post on this thread.
SO GLAD TO SEE YOU! Of COURSE you are welcome on here. I'm sorry I didn't notice or I would have personally invited you over. I know it took me a few weeks on these boards to realize this was the daily "check in" thread.
Glad you found your way over!

Roberta- I hope you are doing ok on your medical leave. Are you able to stay on plan while you are off?

Thank you all for the nice compliments! I just got my hair done today, so maybe I'll have to take a new one!

Wow Dionne, a day off for Mardi Gras? So cool! I've never really celebrated it before. When I was in college I went to a catholic school so I would try to participate in lent even though I'm not confirmed catholic. It was a nice challenge to see if I could resist something for 40 days! I did all carbonated beverages one year, bread another year...I'll have to think about it more....

I will be back tomorrow so say hi to all of you! I should probably get some work done before bed! DOn't worry Barbara, I'm not working too hard...got a BAD case of senioritis....
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #74  

Amy

Staying OP while away from the COD for a whole month is a struggle. My allergy to soy was confirmed and I had a horrific reaction to it. Suffice it to say I am back following my food plan but there are a couple of things that are now no-no's for me. I had a minor surgical procedure but was "sleeping" (lovely deep sleeping) and because of that I have to stay gone for a month.

I had gained back 5 pounds before my leave kicked in, mostly because of the allergy and the subsequent reaction and weighed myself at the doc's office today and gained another 2 pounds. Hopefully, that is all behind me, no pun intended, and I can once again get on the losing track.

That being said, I am done whining. Love reading the personal tidbits everyone posts and can't wait to read more tomorrow.

Nighty night everyone.

Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 AM   #75  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a couple of days as I've been sick with the flu. I thought I'd venture back to work today after taking yesterday off but thanks to the weather the schools were closed. HURRAY! That's the second week in a row that we've been blessed with a snow day. It's day's like this that I love living in Cananda! Have a great day everyone!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote