Old 01-30-2008, 01:47 PM   #61  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am thinking the same thing. If I had a taco salad for lunch, I could save a starch for the shot. Hmmmm, yep, guess I better. You know, because it is so cold and all.

Last edited by Repo girl; 01-30-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #62  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Katie - I've been misspelling your name. So Sorry - I'll pay closer attention.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 02:47 PM   #63  
Val

Ooh Katie, that sounds nummy. I may just have to have some, with this new plan I do have a couple of starches left, LOL
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 03:04 PM   #64  
Katie

Laurie- No worries!

Val- I just had my taco salad so that I can hang onto that starch!
Old 01-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #65  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Good Afternoon!!

I have been hanging in there this week...though not making any progress.

Dolphin - Good luck on your new plan. I often think my slow progress can partly be attributed to not having a COD. The KMart Challenge is helping, but I need more help holding myself accountable.

Stephanie - I find myself using the grab-n-go method of lunch planning almost every day. I need to start working on that the night before for sure.

Joni - You are my exercise idol! I wish I could keep myself as committed as you are to my exercising.

Katie - Hope you get good results with your hose.

Kim - I like that tatoo. My DD got hers at 18 too. I want one, but I'm too much of a weenie to go get it.

For everyone who is cold...I'm sorry too. I'm with Michelle, as I have been whining about it being 50 here too...I'll stop...well maybe...

Hey and hugs to everyone else...Amy, Laurie, Katy, Barbara, Kelly, Ternoway, Liza, Cindy, Tuesday, Angie, Dionne, Val, Cecelia, and Michelle.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #66  
Katie

Kim- Love the tattoo. I have 2, and love them. One is a dragonfly, one is a peace sign.

Paula- It really doesn't hurt that much. I will come and hold your hand, okay? LOL.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:00 PM   #67  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone! Boy what a day.... I've been running around like crazy! Managing to stay on plan though which is good.

Kim - I like the tattoo. I have two myself and got them when I was much younger. If I had it to do over I would still get them, just probably something different and have a better artist do them.

Paula - Keep hanging in there, that is how we finally do see progress. I'm one of those habitual scale people, on it every morning. Well you don't see much progress from one day to the next so I've got to STOP! They've done no scale challenges around here and it just about drove me crazy

Katie - your warm up drink sounds yummy, and I'll stop complaining about the weather here. It has been really cold but it doesn't last more than a day at a time, one of the good things about being in the south I guess.

Hey Val, Amy, Dan, Laurie, Lori, Michie and anyone I'm missing. Have a great evening
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM   #68  
Laurie

Everyone have a good night. It's almost time for me to hit the road and I cannot wait!!!!!! I'll be back in the morning.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

I have rejoined weight watchers yesterday a.m. I am still incorporating many of the concepts I learned with LAWL, still conscious of my starches, sweets, etc.

And Katie - I will not be going AWOL. I enjoy reading and chatting with everybody on here!

Today in the mail I received a flyer from Jenny Craig inviting me to join them, they woudl honor my weeks, etc. Well, at my WW meeting yesterday, I was talking to another girl who was on that program, and their food is loaded with sodium. I know that I don't want to pay for anybody elses meals, and that I will have to continue with the self-control to retrain my mind to eat properly.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #70  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone,
Man it's been a very long day! I teach a contained class for students with autism and both my teaching assistants were off today and we couldn't get supply coverage so I definately had my work cut out for me. I am so glad I survived the day and all of my kids made it home alive and well! I've managed to stay POP (probably because there wasn't much time for food!) but would love to make myself feel better with a chocolate bar (no worries, there's none in the house).

Amy- Aside from a very crazy day, I'm good. Thanks for asking!

Katie- I can't get the image of putting Barbie's tights on a Cabbage patch out of my head! TOO funny!!! Thanks, I needed a laugh!
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #71  
LAWL Salt Police

OMG.. I am having a stress filled day... This 20th reunion is driving me buggy.. Well, in reality, it's one person on the reunion committee who keeps trying to gum up the works with his big ideas... Sigh...

This is where emotional eating kicks in... All the stress I'm dealing with this afternoon and the FIRST thing that pops into my head is "Screw this.. I'm going to go get a bag of chips from the machine... Followed by "What I'd really like for dinner is a big sloppy plate of Lasagna".... GRRRRRRR!!! Why when we're emotional do we turn to food? Why is it perceived as such stress reliever??? It can't be just a learned behavior.. It's like some chemical fires off in the brain and says "A double freakin' cheeseburger would cure all your ills..."

Can someone just kick me, please?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

yikes it is wednesday and this is the first time I have gotten to get on here! we are "watching" a freind or my daughters while her mom is on a business trip for a week. So for the week I have an extra 15 y/o. She is a great girl but I have been more busy somehow.

otherwise...... eating too much. exercising not enough. water....... what's that? grrr. I better get back to the kitchen and do dishes, and finish supper. I think I will go to bed early tonight. it is the only night all week I don't have to go anywhere. We are hoping for a snow day tomorrow.

later,
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #73  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey, guys. I've been lurking, but very sick and not feeling like posting. I came home Friday feeling lousy and it just got worse. I ran a low-grade fever all day Saturday and Sunday and my nasal passages were just completely swollen shut. I went on to school Monday morning, thinking that I might get worse and would rather save my day for then. By noon, I felt like pooh on a stick up a dog's butt. My second grade co-workers were sweet enough to each take 6 of my 24 kids so I could leave. I went straight to the doctor and he said that my nasal passages were swollen shut due to allergies and a bacterial infection had resulted in my sinuses. He gave me Clarinex for the allergies and an antibiotic for the infection. He told me to take a Clarinex as soon as I left his office, but after that, to only take them in the morning or I would never sleep. Boy, was he right! I don't take medicine much and they affected me strongly. I only slept for 2 hours Monday night and was wide awake the rest of the time! Yesterday I was miserable at school - sick and sleepy - I really should have stayed at home. I felt better today, but this evening, I'm running a 100 degree temp again! So as soon as the kids go to bed, I'm heading that way, too.

The good news is that we received an offer on our house today - and it's for our asking price! There are a few kinks to be worked out concerning, closing costs, appraisals, warranties, etc., but hopefully in a couple of weeks, we will sell this house!! Funny thing is, two days ago, I started praying very specifically: Let us get an offer that matches our asking price and let it be by the end of the week. I don't know why I'm always so surprised when God does what I ask Him to do. He says He wants us to pray in specifics and yet when He comes through, I'm always shocked. Now I'm praying that everything goes smoothly and quickly! I know that not every prayer I pray will be answered the way I want it to be, but my favorite verse is James 4:2: You don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it! I need to remember that more often!

And BONUS!! I went to WI this morning and was down 3.4!! I thought I would be up considering I've been eating homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade chicken pot pie (Sorry, but I eat comfort foods when I'm sick. They were much healthier versions than usual.) but apparently chest-heaving, lung-rattling coughing is a very effective aerobic activity!

Okay, I'm off to bed!

Last edited by bayoubelle68; 01-30-2008 at 09:55 PM.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Dan, You'll only feel worse if you eat it! You are not used to the junk anymore, it won't soothe you, it will make you feel horrible, poisoned and sick. To say nothing of guilty afterwards.

I think stress must be in the air. The last week has been grueling and the work load suddenly massive and crushing for me. Katy, I hope it slows down to manageable for both of us.

Ternoway, I don't know how you manage with a room full of autistic kids. I have enough problems with project managers who are in another state driving me crazy.

Michie, It sounds like you are overloaded. Maybe it is better to drop one class than to risk doing poorly in them all.

Amy, I'm glad to hear that you were able to drop the elective. I know you have said you have the tendency to take on too much, so I know it was hard for you to say, no I won't do it. You are going to need time to sleep and exercise if you are to stick on plan. I think getting enough sleep helps you to lose weight also.

Sherrie, I think WW is an excellent choice if you feel you need more support. I only went with LAWL over WW because I had known more people who had had long term success with LAWL. Hopefully you can take the parts of LAWL that were working for you and apply them, and the parts that might not have worked for you there, perhaps WW will help you over the challenges. I know both plans have people who have had long term success. I heard a term the other day when I was watching a show.. long term weight controller. I'm not really a dieter, I'm a long term weight controller.

Kim, that is a sweet tatoo. I'm not a big fan of tatoos, but I can see where that one could be extremely meaningful for her for all her life. It is good to hear from you, how've you been?
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Felicia, I was typing while you posted! Feel better soon! Congrats on the house, I know how big of a burden two houses was becoming! Ask and ye shall receive!
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote