Old 01-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/185/135

Height: 5'5

Default More food please!

Hi Everyone,

I'm on the purple plan - no lites, week three of my program. At first I was finding that I was full all the time, it seemed like I couldn't eat everything I was supposed to. The last week or so I've been really hungry. Now it doesn't feel like enough food at all! Did anyone else experience this?

Can you recommend more "dense" foods that I could be eating that would keep me full? The counselor mentioned that I'm not getting all of my water in however I don't think that 3 glasses of water is going to fill me up.
superstar78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #2  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

You might be surprised at what 3 glasses of water can do for you. It seems like a small amount, but it is one of the large Deer Park Sports Bottles worth of water (24 oz - more than 1/3 of a gallon)

Try drinking more water in between meals ... not just with the meals.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Water! Water! Water!

I drink 96 oz/day and I know that it makes me feel fuller. I noticed that on the 3rd week I was starting to get a little hungry also. Don't let yourself get hungry. As soon as you notice the little growlies put something in your mouth.

I have some water-dense snacks in the early afternoon and they tide me over until dinner. Sliced cucumbers, carrots w/ a little LF ranch dressing is a daily staple for me. Also lettuce is a good one. Have a huge salad w/ one of your meals.

Fruit smoothies are also a really good fill-me-up. Here's a staple of mine:

1 banana
12 straweberries
3/4 blueberries (I've also used, apples & pears here and it's really good.
6 oz plain FF yogurt or vanilla yogurt
2 oz skim milk.

Blend......counts as 3 fruits and 1 dairy. HUGE and YUMMY!! Take it with you when you know you are going to be gone for a while.

I also have a power-snack that I have when I'm getting that low-blood sugar, starving feeling.

Small can of tuna (3 oz)
15 RF Triscuits

Counts as almost 1 protein (I add the remaining ounce to dinner) and 3 starches.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I also love me a smoothie for my mid morning or mid afternoon snack I make mine very similar, but with a banana and frozen strawberries.....4 oz vanilla yogurt, 4 oz skim milk and a bit of splenda, and a big handful of ice. I was suprised how long this kept me full. I like to chew my food, so I was nervous about grinding my fruits into a liquid.....but it is really good.....and HUGE!!!

Also........try high fiber foods. Allbran buds is great filler. So is Fiber 1. I used to measure out my portion, put them in a baggie, and munch them whenever I felt a bit hungry. I know some other ladies use it on their yogurt.

Also, be sure to eat ALL of your proteins. Lynn is always reminding us to start the day with a protein......and I have always tried to do that also. It starts you off on the right foot.

What are your stats? Your weight and height? I am asking cuz I am wondering if maybe you need to go up a plan.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:44 PM   #5  

I'm 5'5 and currently weigh 185 lbs. Based on the LAWL calculations, I should be on the Gold plan but since I'm not using the LA Lites, they moved me up to the Purple plan.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #6  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

I am also on the Purple plan. However, I use the lites. I started to notice the hungry feeling around week 3 also. Don't worry about it. It just means the plan is working for you. You have increased your metabolism and your body has kicked itself out of the starvation mode. It is a good thing as long as you don't eat off plan.

I constantly have water with me and sugar free gum. If I feel myself getting hungry I drink the water and chew the gum. It does the trick for me. I tell my husband all the time that gum is now my addiction. You are limited to two or three pieces per day. I don't go over two pieces. I have been loosing steadly and I did not start until the beginning of Dec. Keep up the good work.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #7  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

If you try all these wonderful ideas and you are still hungry....

Alot of us on here rely on Sugar Free, Fat Free Jello. It really helps me when I have midnight cravings, or when I am just flat out hungry.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #8  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Dionne I didn't know we were limited to 2-3 pieces of gum??? I have way more then that! Ooops!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #9  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Mine is listed under the condiments. It says that in addition to condiments per day, you may use: artifical sweetener (up to 3 packs per day), sugarless candy or gum (up to 3 pieces per day).

I generally use Stride gum. The flavor last a while just like the commerical says.

Make sure your gum is Sugarfree.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #10  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

ha! You are right I didn't even register that! It's definately sugar free but I have to cut back on the amount.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #11  

All great ideas! Is Jello on plan or is that an exception? I can't see it in the book...
Old 01-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hot drinks like coffee and tea really help fill me up when I am starving. Also, I am a little loose with the green veggies. A lot of COD's are letting green veggies be unlimited now. Sliced cucumbers in vinegar, grilled zuchinni strips, a big green salad, etc. are all a lot better to snack on if you are hungry rather than get too hungry and cheat.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:12 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2"

Here we go again with the differences between the color coded plans and the numbered plans.

It is so so important to list in your avatar or your signature what plan you are on.

Color coded plans - llimits sugar free gum to 3 a day
Numbered plans - do not mention sugar free gum.

I am a big fan of yogurt parfaits and they are very filling. I use fiber one cereal, lite yogurt and the fruit serving of my choice - pineapple, strawberries, raspberries, cherries. This is an especially good way to get rid of a starch, fruit and dairy in one snack or meal.

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

Another idea is to spread your food out over 6 smaller meals. There are a lot of studies out there that say this helps to lose weight. I am on Plan 2 no lites (was on Plan 1 with lites) so I don't get much to eat. I've always been one to eat all day so I spread my meals out. I take most of my food to work with me (leaving a protein, starch and veg for dinner). I literally eat all day at work. I don't eat lunch until 1:30 or 2. My lunch seems to spread out the remainder of the day. Some days I'm starving (like right now - just finished off sf jello). Other days it seems like too much food.
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Everybody gave great advise.
Small meals try not to go more than 3 hours without eating, make your starches count think more fiber less calories. I like bulgar, spelt, and brown rice.
more water, I add lemon or lime juice to mine it helps me feel sated.
I like to have my SF FF yogurt as well. You get a full 8oz cup and that is very filling. Dannon Fit and Lite vanilla is yummy.
Keep with it you will feel better soon.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote