3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Plan with Lites VS. Plan without Lites (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/132255-plan-lites-vs-plan-without-lites.html)

apple76 01-23-2008 11:03 AM

Plan with Lites VS. Plan without Lites

Hello Everybody,
Can somebody please tell me how this works? I am on Plan 2 with Lites. If I decided not to have Lites would I go to Plan 3?

What does Plan 3 look like (food-wise)?

Thank you!

Oh, I went swimming :swim: this morning, it felt gooooooood :D

amylou7777 01-23-2008 11:13 AM

Someone will chime in for you on the numbered plans but wanted to say hello and congrats on getting yoru swim in!

Lynx 01-23-2008 12:08 PM

The info on Plan 3 that I found is that it is 3P, 4V, 3Fr, 4S, 2D, 2Fa. (not counting the lites)

I don't know the answer for sure to your question about whether someone on plan 2 with lites goes up just one plan to plan 3 if you are not doing lites. There have to be enough calories difference between plan 2 and plan 3 to make up for the lites.

Why don't you ask your COD to be sure?

I say this because I have been told that the lowest color coded plan without lites is purple. Lynn

Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

apple76 01-23-2008 12:11 PM

The girls at my both CODs are so pushy about having Lites I got another bulk of 20 boxes, that was almost $400 (CDN) and asking them that question would result in me buying even more Lites. I am very easy to manipulate... So I was thinking once I use up all my Lites I won't tell them and just do the right thing on a side. I am a coward and can't say "no."

Lynx 01-23-2008 12:32 PM

Doesn't your COD have periodic specials on lites? That is how I bought mine.
I paid $10 for a box of 7.

Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

apple76 01-23-2008 01:14 PM

It's Canada, specials are only on purchasing the time with COD, not the bars....

Bethj 01-23-2008 01:47 PM

I, too, am facing the no lite situation. I was told today that I really should be on plan 3 with lites and when I run out of lites(Friday of this week) I will have to go to Plan 4! I started the program on plan 3 with lites---way too much food---I was still eating at 10pm. They moved me down to plan 2 with me only eating 1 lite a day. I managed to lose 25# from Aug until Christmas. Now I have been playing around with the same 3 pounds. I am SOOOO frustrated.

My COD in Round Rock, TX has had a big turnover of workers until just a month or so ago. They are being helping.....talked to the nutritionist a week ago for me and will call and ask what to do now. I just can't afford to buy more lites.....also am afraid that the center will suddenly shut their doors and I would not be able to get the lites I bought.

Thanks for letting me vent

Beth

Tuesday Cool 01-23-2008 09:31 PM

Is the only way these people make money on selling the lites? Really, I think the pressure is shameful. It actually makes me glad my COD went belly-up. I did not bow to pressure to buy lites, thankfully, and have lost 25# in 4 months. Not bad really.
The lites are a money draining crutch. Weight loss is easy compared to keeping it off and the lites will not be there when that time comes.
If you need the sweets try one of the alternatives discussed on this site.

ronlu 01-23-2008 10:55 PM

The easy solution if you "can't say no" is to inform COD that you have developed an allergy to soy. Case closed!

apple76 01-24-2008 10:03 AM

It would be hard for me to "develop" soy allergy as I am vegetarian and they know me well. I eat soy in any form, ha ha ha :)

Repo girl 01-24-2008 10:05 AM

It is true. Many people can't handle all that soy. I have IBS, and the bars kill me. Make an excuse like that, and they will have to back off.

apple76 01-24-2008 11:01 AM

I am sure I will have to do something once the time comes. I am way too easily influenced...

Bethj 01-24-2008 03:22 PM

I bought the south beach cereal bars last night(I was reading and saw that Dan recommended them) and they are excellent. Now....do I lie to COD and tell them I found lites on ebay? South Beach bars are SOOO much cheaper and I can afford to use them.

ChefsGirl 01-24-2008 04:06 PM

IBS here too....the Lites weren't even an option for me. I'm very glad b/c I went in there prepared to fight :devil:

I really wanted to be on a plan that was based mostly on whole natural foods that I can find anywhere.

cecil 01-24-2008 04:16 PM

I just say I bought them somewhere else to... they always ask if I need anything and I just say nope!