3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Fast Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/132224-fast-weight-loss.html)

BethanyOliver 01-22-2008 11:48 PM

Fast Weight Loss

Hi,

I know you it's not healthy to lose weight quickly, but I am getting married soon, and need to loose as much weight as possible in 2 months. Any suggestions? Thanks Bethany

VeggieGal 01-23-2008 02:35 AM

Hi

You might want to check out Medifast. It's quick and healthy. I did it a couple of years ago and then as the story goes, went off and of course gained (did the same with WW too). I just placed an order yesterday and I'm going for it again :)

Karin

aphil 01-23-2008 08:15 AM

How much do you currently weigh? I personally recommend calorie counting. You can safely lose about 2 pounds per week if you really stick to it, and exercise.

You could be 15-20 pounds thinner by your wedding day, depending on your current weight.

BethanyOliver 01-23-2008 09:04 AM

Thanks for the advice, I normally wouldn't be in such a hurry. I really had no idea where to begin, this helps.
I weigh 190 and I am 5'5. This is the most I have ever weighed & I would love to be closer to what I was 3 years ago for my wedding.

aphil 01-23-2008 10:30 AM

I would try calorie counting, and aim for about 1400 calories a day. Try to get in about 30 minutes of exercise a day, if you are currently sedentary. If you already exercise, feel free to do more.

suesully 01-23-2008 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethanyOliver (Post 2015125)
I weigh 190 and I am 5'5. This is the most I have ever weighed & I would love to be closer to what I was 3 years ago for my wedding.

I also did Medifast & other meal replacements & had great results in a shorter time than conventional dieting. It was the initial quick weight loss that gave me the motivation to stick with my diet. I lost 30#s in my first month (I was almost 100#s heavier to start than you tho').

Heavier people lose faster than thinner people. Better stated, they can lose bigger chunks of weight quicker. Medifast & other meal replacement diets were designed for those with more than 50+s to lose. They caught on in popularity & now people of all weights are using it.

It really depends upon how well you could follow this diet. It is very strict & if you cheat you will not reap the greatest possible results. Don't mean to scare you with that :D but you really need to follow it pretty close to the letter for best results. :)

You could check out Medifast or New Lifestyle Diet & see what you think. And congrats on your upcoming wedding. :)

MSTeacher 01-26-2008 07:16 PM

Cutting out caffiene and sodium will make a great impact in addition to any calorie counting.

carlskl 02-09-2008 08:50 PM

A co-worker of mine is doing medifast and she looks "great". She said it is so easy and the shakes are great. I am really thinking of trying this!