Old 01-27-2008, 04:27 AM   #1  

Height: 5 feet 11 inches

Default do i need a new scale.....plz read!!!!

i bought a digital scale like a week ago it wasnt a cheap one....and i have the bad habbit of weighin my self every day..and that scale is flunctuating..i mean one day i hop on and i'm one number then the next day i'm like 10 pounds heavier or lighefr the thing is if i jump on today and it says 339 it was give me that number all day or some where close....and maybe the next then the next day it will be like 327..which i really dont think this is possible..should i stop weight my self everyday and do it once a weekor month...how many numbers do you guys scale change if any. thanks you guys !!!!!

also i'm taking a fat burner and i know my calorie are pretty low..just thought i would let u guys know lol...

Last edited by sugarcoatit07; 01-27-2008 at 04:37 AM.
sugarcoatit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:11 AM   #2  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

I think the standard is to weight once a week, same time every week, preferably right after you wake up and take your morning pee.

Correct me if I'm wrong....
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 AM   #3  

thanks a bunch..i guess thats what i need to do and stop being so obsessive lol..thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 314/215/135

Height: 5'4

Yes they say once a week is really all you should, I think it really it depends on the person for me I do it daily but that helps me, most people get depressed seeing it go up and down all the time, for me it helps me keep on track. sounds like 2 me once a week would be good for you,

and you should do it at the same time and the same way so if you weight in w/shoes on or certin close thats what you should do every time you weight in, you will weight less in the morning cause you havn't eatn in 5-8 hours and the gravity thing also, lol and I agree w/Twirl use the restroom first,
its my time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #5  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I weigh everyday and intend to do it for the rest of my life. It was not weighing that got me to 346 lbs. However, I learned very quickly that the scale fluctuated every day, and I had to learn to deal with that. It is completely normal for it to fluctuate, depending on what you've eaten, what you've drank, if you've had a bowel movement, if you've exercised recently and your muscles are retaining water, etc. And you should always weigh the same time of day - preferably after awakening and peeing. I always weigh at least 6 lbs more in the evenings than I do in the morning.

If it continues to bother you to see it go up and down, you may want to consider only weighing once a week. But you may be like me, and once you realize that it's normal, you may want to weigh everyday anyway.

Either way, I don't think you need a new scale.

One last thing to think about - you mention that you are keeping your calories pretty low. You are close to my starting weight - and you're taller and much younger - so I know that you could still easily lose weight eating at/near 2000 calories. One thing about starting with your calories low is that it is extremely easy to get really hungry and binge and then get thrown off plan. If you are hungry, you might consider raising those calories. Save those really low calories for when you only need to lose the last 5 - 10 lbs. Otherwise set yourself up now to be successful by making it as easy as possible.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 PM   #6  

thanks so much tammy...yea your right...i i just wanted to know if those numbers where ok..i dont have a problem with the numbers changing it kinda keeps me motivated..i went to the doctor about a year a go and he gave me a packet saying i needed to eat about 1500 cals he didnt really talk about he it was just like you need to lose weight anyways ...of course i quit it then becuase i'm always hungry but i've been sticking too it this time and it's getting ok...lol u guys know it's not easy...but thanks anyways so much
Old 02-09-2008, 08:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/200.2/115

Height: 5'6"

I too bought a new scale. It says if the scale has been moved or bumped, That you have to step on and step off, wait a few minutes and them step back on? Maybe give that a try. I too weigh every morning just cause I need to know!
carlskl is offline   Reply With Quote