Bread?? What To Use

• Wow I Feel So Good Ive Been Pop All Day Today...wooohooo This Is A Start

Anyways I Have Been Eating 1/2 Ww English Muffin And Counting It As A Starch I Was Wondering If Anybody Has Any Other Good Ideas For Starches Or What Bread You Use And How Many Piece Equal 1s

Thanks For All The Help Everyone On This Site Is Amazing And So Helpful I Dont Ever Feel Bad About Posting My Hones Problem Because I Know I Can Get Help Here Thanks Again Jamie
  • Great job Jamie! I like the Sarah Lee 45 cal bread. 2 slices is one starch. I also love light bagels and whole wheat pita pockets (Kanagaroo Pre Split Brand).
  • I've basically stayed away from bread since day one.

Granted I eat breakfast on the way to work so for me it's easier to do some sort of cracker or something else from the starch list. My old stand-by is actually Special K waffles, one waffle can get a lot of mileage out of it.
  • I have no power to stay away from bread.. I love it in every way you can possibly love a food.. It was SO hard for me to give up all the variations, especially sour dough and so-called "rustic" loaves..

Liz and I got used to the whole grain Sara Lee 45 calories a slice bread, and then graduated to the Nature's Own Double Fiber, which I think is 50 cals. a slice.. Recently, I haven't seen much of that, so we've gone back to the Sara Lee stuff..

English muffins are also a serious diet killer for me... Luckily Thomas brand makes a decent 100 calorie muffin and Sara Lee (I think) makes a 110 calorie version which tastes almost as good as the regular kind.
  • I also use the spinach tortillas but I use a half of one as a starch..... I use the loght bread and the light english muffins.
  • Franz bread makes a 40cal/slice bread that is pretty good, but I like the 97% FF waffles in the AM with peanut butter YUM. I don't usually have bread anymore, I prefer to save my starches for the waffles and maybe some crackers
  • I've been enjoying 1/2 a whole wheat pita or 1/2 a whole wheat tortilla a lot more than bread lately. Haven't had the lowfat waffles in a while - thank you for bringing those up. I like them w/ PB as well. Whole wheat pasta and brown rice are also nice additions to a meal.
  • I use the Sara Lee Delightful Multi Grain bread it is only 45 calories a slice and very good bread
  • I use Village Hearth Lite Italian bread and hamburger buns. The bread is 40 calories for each slice and the buns are 80 calories. I freeze my bread because it takes me 4-6 weeks to go through a loaf of bread. I, like Megan, am extremely cautious with my bread usage.

Lynn
    Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
    Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished
  • I use the 50 cal La Tortilla Factory wraps. (channelling Cassi......)