Old 01-23-2008, 04:15 PM   #106  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone! Hope you are all having an AWESOME humpday! I am dreading going back to work tomorrow, but gotta do what you gotta do!!

I am 3.5 lbs from 30 lbs lost!! I cant believe it!!! I really didn't realize it until today! I have been a POPstar for 2 days straight now. It feels good to actually stay OP!

I started a trend! My sister just got 8 inches cut off of her hair! I got 7 inches cut off last month and she loved it!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #107  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon everyone! Way to go POP stars!

Nicole - boy are you ever not alone. I think a lot of us are singing that tune. I used to make a point when my daughter was little to give myself a full pedicure every week and have pretty feet. For the past few years that has gone completely downhill. My hands aren't looking so great either. Maybe weight gain or being alone has something to do with it but like you, I just don't put the effort into myself anymore. My house gets neglected, so does the social life. I wonder how I managed to balance everything so well just a few years ago and now I can barely find the time to go for a small jog 4 times a week? I think you and I and a lot of us here are so busy wanting to make everyone else happy, we forget to make ourselves happy too. I think along with our goals of weight loss, POP and exercise, we need to motivate each other to spend some time taking care of US!

So Nicole, tonight I want you to take at least a half hour. Set up the bathroom all nice with candles, incense or just low lights. Bring in a small radio to your favorite relaxing music. Set up a nice bath with oils, salts or bubbles, put on some sort of facial mask and just soak and relax!!! Even if it take a half hour to scrub out that stupid tub.....
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Katie thats too funny. I would beg DH to play with me but he says he's "not into video games anymore" . Playing alone is no fun, i love competition.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:41 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, I've got to get a WII..... It sounds like a lot of fun. My DH always want to bet on everything, so that might be dangerous... I could end up always doing the dishes.

Cecilia, I like your new avatar. It is great to be the giver, only don't give so much that you have nothing left for your own self. If he misses you, he can pack up his stuff and come over to your place... Dr Phil says you train people how to treat you.

Paula, I often find if I'm out of town, I probably ate more salt than normal, even if I was very careful. So perhaps you'll see a better weigh in soon.
Any time away from home is more challenging to be good, and it sounds like you did a decent job of keeping it in line, even if you suffer from my problem, portion control issues... So hard in restaurants, since they often serve really large portions and it is really hard for me to only eat part of it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #110  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
... Dr Phil says you train people how to treat you.
arrrghhhh......I HATE that Dr. Phil (I am only kidding......I just hate the truth sometimes )

That is sooooo true. My DH used to tell me when we were dating not to do too much for him, cuz that would eventually make me unhappy. Not only is he handsome......he is quite smart

So I am sending out a huge to all of you, my dear friends. When I woke up this morning......I knew I was going to write this post.......that it would be the only way I would get through this day. It was definitely time to, "get real with myself." I knew if I put it all out there.........I would have the best chance of success........and guess what????? I DID MY PILATES TAPE today!!! It was only 25 minutes......and I sucked pretty bad.......but I did it!!!! So, thank you dear friends. I love you all!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #111  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Congrats Nicole! Way to take charge! You are on your way to doing it all for you! Yeah!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #112  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Hi Everyone,

just a quick check in here. I have doing good for the past couple of days .... I didn't get on my treadmill yesterday, however, I made about 50 trips up and down the stairs at work, moving some files around, plus I curled last night - so I figured that had to count for something, however, I am getting on the treadmill tonight after supper, and then going to curl up and finish reading my book.

Val - curling is going good. Thanks for asking. Looking forward to the Scott Tournament of Hearts starting in a few weeks. I get nothing done, because I watch so much of it, and I actually have that week off work, because the holiday here in Canada that week, and the Dr I work for is taking the whole week off - wooo hooo.... the plus side to that - I have a tv by my treadmill - so I will make myself work out while watching.

And Kim - you are so right - I would love a golf holiday - somewhere warm - maybe Hawaii - or Arizona .... I don't think its going to happen this year though - to many other things going on right now. Next year we will go though. I was kind of liking going away every year, and now that we aren't going anywhere this winter - I have been kind of pouty about it, especially since its so dang cold here right now. And it seems that half the people in our office that we are scheduling appts for - tell us, oh - can't come then - I will be in Cuba, or Jamacia, or Mexico ...... I am soooo jealous. I love to be somewhere warm and tropical....

Joni - hope the job is goingwell.

Big hellos to Pearl, and Kristen, Katie, Angie, Jillian, Nicole, Barb, Lettie, Liza and everyone else that I know I am missing .... I am shouting out to you too..... I have missed you!!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Last edited by slim n trim; 01-23-2008 at 07:02 PM.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #113  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Yay I'm glad you are coming around more often Karen! Sounds like you are getting lots of good exercise!

I'm about to start class so I can't get to everyone to say hi! But I was glad to see your post Nicole!

I've had a fabulous POP day! I hope you all have too!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #114  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - I know I'm a little late getting in on this discussion but I agree with everything you said. I am like Jillian in that the last year and a half has been he$$ and all I've done is kinda tread and get through it. Its getting a little better but in very small steps but at least there is some improvement. I know at times I have neglected me too and felt I wasn't worth the effort - but I know I am and I just have to work harder at making myself believe it.

On a happier note - Karen - must be a Canadian thing cause although I have never played I absolutely love curling. More the mens than the women's at times as they seem to leave more rocks in play sometimes and that makes for more interesting and difficult shots but I watch both. The Scott, the brier and if broadcast the Worlds. I like some of the skins too but it depends on who is playing. Can't stand Colleen Jones (but that comes from living in NS for awhile and knowing someone who played with her) and my favorite mens player is Jeff Stoughton. I can't wait for the big tournaments to start up soon.

Liza - how is Buster doing? Did the cottage cheese and scrambled eggs help?

I am still plugging along in the new job trying to keep my head from exploding from too much info being inputted every day but its nice to have a bit of a challenge for a change. Busy is not the word and I will only get busier.

I guess this kinda turned out a little long. I go get weighed on friday again. I have very little starches on my new plan compared to what COD expected me to have on the new numbered plans and I feel better now too. No starch after noon meal. It has helped with bloating and such as well I used to get in the evening. It takes some adjustment but I am used to it now. I am hardly ever hungry and I am having fewer headaches these days as well. Still get some but not quite so many.

Hope everyone has a good evening...
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #115  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just saying hi. today was ok. not nearly as bad as yesterday was, but mostly. it seems as if there's this huge cloud over me that never seems to have a break in it. i have so many things going on with me right now and not much support...only because no one really understands what i'm feeling right now. and i had something else come up in the past week that i just don't know how to deal with. so that's wearing me down as well.
ugh. i just need a huge break and there's really not much hope for that anytime soon.

ok. i think i've brought everyone down enough by my post..sorry!
hope everyone had a great day. i'll check back tomorrow.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default At all my food by 1:30!

OK bad day. I ate my healthy breakfast, I had my morn snack by 9:30, my PM snack by 11, my lunch by noon, then went out and got hot & sour soup for my second lunch. No kidding by 1:30 I had eaten all my foods (not sure how to count the soup so I called it a P, S, Fat. Now all I have is my water and one lousy fruit. I do not know what is wrong with me. But I hope it is TOM not by shrew of a boss. She has me so worked up I could just bite (and might)
Katy- I have my first mamo scheduled for next week. I plan on celebrating by taking myself shopping after. New shoes sound about right! I agree, everybody take care of yourselves. You depend on your body and your people depend on your spirit.
Nichole, I hate Oprah because so much of what is on her show hits home like that. I read her magazine and get so much inspiration. Of course she also taughts very expensive baubles, but heck she can't be perfect.
So lets all make a deal. We will take care of our selves, we will be happy with the results, and we will prize our needs not fear them.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #117  
Purple (no lites)

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian,

Don't worry about bringing us down. We all have rough times and it helps to be able to vent to someone. We can only succeed if we support each other through good times and bad.

Hugs to you...hang in there.
pjbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #118  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

TBL talk -- *BEWARE TIVO'ERS...SPOILERS* I was surprised that the yellow team was surprised at getting 3 votes...they were one of two teams who had been below the yellow line afterall. Anyway, I'm glad they did well and the ordeal seemed to refocus Paul, so that's good. He was getting a little too intense for me though..kinda creepy with the whole kung fu thing. I was really disappointed that they eliminated pink instead of purple..those purple girls should be doing waaaay better and have been the smallest losers twice in three weeks. The orange and blue teams ticked me off with their purposeful weight gain....I hate that.

Lettie -- Sorry to hear there's a bully at work. Do you think it would help to confront her and ask if there is some reason she treats you that way? She might back off if she knows she doesn't intimidate you. Or she might punch you in the nose...but I hear talking things out works..lol

Can someone help me kick my own @ss into exercising? Oh, and while you're at it, I should really clean up my room too...

Nicole -- Thanks for your post. I've had those same feelings of inadequacy when DH called and asked me to join friends from his work and their wives (who are all super skinny, sigh). They actually think I'm snobby because of it..lol. If only they knew! I've been trying lately too, to do my hair more often, put on make up now and then...but I need to get serious too. I think you halfway took care of my @ss kicking request without knowing it, so thanks. PS -- I made a very bad decision at lunch today...(McDonalds!!) so let's forgive ourselves and move on.

Amy, Pearl, everyone else...it is hard to put ourselves first. I keep thinking back to 6 years ago, right before I met/married DH. I had shed 30 lbs (but was only 206 to start with then!) through just cutting back on carbs, not eating after 6:00 and exercising (yoga, pilates and walking). I had a pedicure every week or two...my hair was the envy of many ladies at my office...I was feeling great. I'd so like to get back to that feeling and motivation, but I find now, with 2 jobs, a DH, a little boy, dog, cat and bird...it's hard! It's not an excuse, but I do realize that things have changed and it's going to be more difficult or maybe slower this time. Maybe I can't do all those things, but I'll aim to do some over the NONE I'm doing now.

Cecelia -- Sometimes more time apart can do wonders for a relationship, even if there is nothing really wrong in the first place. At least you'll appreciate your weekends together more, and he can always come stay at your place, right?

Hi to everyone!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #119  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Jillian- we are pulling for you to get out of this slump! Take it one day at a time and try to focus on those kiddies when things seem hopeless. Hope you get to hear from DH again soon!

Hi Paula! good to see you on here! Hope you had a great time over the long weekend even if it did involve a few cheats!

Cecilia- glad I could give you some support with the dbf situation. I think it's going to be hard, but so good for you! Whatever you decide in the long run make sure it's for you!

I had to let you all know that I just made another recipe from Deb's Cookbook and it was SOO good and SOO easy. It's called "Diet coke sloppy joes" I made it with turkey meat--YUM! I'm sure the recipe is somewhere in the threads, but maybe I'll repost it. It was so easy-I made it while I was on the phone!
Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #120  
Amy- Red w/Lites

Hi Angie! I didn't realize you worked 2 jobs! You crazy! I definitely believe in taking baby steps. When I feel myself letting myself go with the day to day upkeep I try to schedule a "real" date with Dbf, or make plans to go to dinner with the girls so that I make sure to get the nails done, do my hair and put an actual outfit on. It's like when you know company is coming so you rush around and clean your house--when I know I want to look good I rush around and clean myself up! It's always a good jumpstart!