Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #181  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

YAYYY Cecilia!! I told you that you could do it!

Well I was only down 3.0 at the Kmart weigh in..Boooo! I hate their scales! But I am looking for better numbers next week.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #182  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Kim that was a great loss! Good job!
I just wish I could get past 180 then I can go down a plan!
I can't wait!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning losers! Today is another day. I woke to dank and rainy. sounds like a perfect day for split pea soup. I have this great cheat for making soup. Trader Joe's sells mirepoux (celery, carrots, and onion all chopped up) in a quart container. I use that as the base for all my soups. Save lots of time chopping. Just toss into the crock pot and by evening you have a nice veg filled LF soup. For my split peas soup I use two containers, 4 clove garlic, 2oz LF low sodium ham (from TJ's), 1.5 packs chicken broth, 1 pack peas, oregano, basil, thyme, and cracked pepper. Cook on high for 2 hours then turn down for the remainder. Add salt to taste when serving. 1 cup equals 3 veggies by the LAWL cookbook. but I usually call it 1V & 1S for 3/4c. Very warm and filling, great the next day. T
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Lettie -- Sorry to hear there's a bully at work. Do you think it would help to confront her and ask if there is some reason she treats you that way? She might back off if she knows she doesn't intimidate you. Or she might punch you in the nose...but I hear talking things out works..lol
actually all he!! broke loose friday. it all came to a head...... and no she wouldn't punch me in the nose. she is not that kind a bully. she is in her 60s! and it is all mental games. it finally got so bad friday that we had to both go sit down with our boss and hash it out. at which point she just got defensive and whinny. She said she never did anything, she likes me, doesn't know why I don't like her, she would ever do any of the things that ...... EVERYBODY IN THE KITCHEN has seen her do and say. And then said to our boss, "well if you want my 2 weeks notice I will give it to you" And my poor boss. she just shakes her head. She pulled me aside later and told me that this lady does this alot. and never really quits. She said next time she threatens she is going to hand her the resignation papers and say, "either do it or stop saying you will" The rest of the day was tense and horrible. We ended it in the bosses office saying we were sorry, and that it was over and we were not going to take it outside the office. But then about an hour later she was in the bathroom crying and really didn't talk to anyone the rest of the day.

I realized she is exactly like my mom, EXACTLY. I have three sisters and no brothers and my mom will talk bad about the other sisters to one of us. and pit one against the other. and she says things that are a put down, but in a tone that she can always come back and say that wasn't how she ment it if called out on it. and just like this lady, when confronted, turns everything on herself, ....crying saying, I never would do anything to anyone, I don't know why nobody likes me...."blah blah blah. And it has taken most of my almost 40 years..(yeah....40.... this oct. yuck!) to realize, that my moms goal is not to bully or make someone else hurt it is to make herself feel elevated, because her own self esteem is so low, that the only way to feel better is to feel that others are lower. you know, typical bully syndrom.

So work is oppressive..... but I have to remind myself that of the nine of us that work there, 5 love me and are on my side and have said they are sick of how she treats people. of the other three. I know one is her buddy, and the other could go either way, so I am just guarded. It was a strange week, and made for a strange eating week. I have been home for 17 1/2 years with my kids. and thought it was time to try something different. but with weeks like this I really wonder.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

oh my Nicole.......... I have seen you as my mirror image since I started on here. we are about the same age, same height, same weight, both have 5 kids, both SAHMs, and now you call yourself Grandma!!!! yikes. I am having enough time dealing with turning 40 this year!! I can't imagine being a Grandma!!!! You seem to be taking it all in stride. I am not sure I could be so level headed! The school I work at is a Jr High. so grades 7 & 8. we have a very pregnant girl right now. I am sure she must be due sometime this summer. Can you imagine having a baby before you start High School! she has to be 14 or 15. that is just crazy!

I wish your daughter and the whole family all the best. and I am so glad that she has such a loving mommy.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #186  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle68 View Post
Going to WI this morning and not looking forward to it. I've not been my best. It's not so much what I'm eating as what I'm NOT eating and it's all stress-related. We have GOT to sell our old house!! I'm completely stressing over it! We've been paying two mortgages since July and things are starting to get pretty tight - tighter and tighter with each passing month.

Oh, well. I still have to go see what damage I've done and try to get back on track!
Felicia- Write down how much you will sell the house for, and the date by which you intend for it to be sold. Put in the fridge and say that to yourself daily. Something like this, "I am so happy and grateful that I have gotten _____$ for my old house, and that it sold by __________, 2008." It is all about the law of attraction, and it really works. Promise!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #187  
Katie

Tuesday- Great job!

Michelle- Yeah, I only work on weekdays. I am having a wonderful weekend. How about you?

Cecilia- Good luck with the drinking. That is one of my weaknesses too.

Kimberly- 3 lbs?! Great job!

Lettie- Wow, what a day, huh? Good for you for standing your ground though.

I am working on day 7 of being POP, with exercise. What a good feeling. I am still above my ticker weight, but I am moving towards it, anyway.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #188  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Everyone,
I used to post in this thread a few years ago. I was one of the first ones posting in the Bio thread. But anyway, I don't live very close to the LA center anymore, and I was wondering if anyone had a copy of the gold or blue plan that they would be willing to part with.
Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #189  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good weekend. I went on hold last week. Has been a stressful last few weeks at work (going through alot of changes) and at home. My dog that has has a couple surgeries on her back in Oct and Nov isn't doing as well as I would like. And I know that I haven't been making good choices foodwise, nor have I been doing any exercising for the most part. This is the time I need to go to the COD, but I just didn't want to deal with them last week. Plus, last Monday, my car wouldn't start - guess it didn't like 22 below zero either! LOL. Looks like Katie got our cold weather after it left us, and now we are looking at below zero again the beginning of this week. Ah well...

I do have a non-diet related question for Katie. Do you think Reiki would help my dog with her recovery from back surgery? She is going through water and physical therapy as well as adding supplements - she eats just as good if not better than I do! But I think anything else I can do wouldn't hurt. I hadn't ever heard of it, and knowing this town, I don't know that I will find anyone that practices it, but I will certainly search if you think it would help.

I'm thinking that I have about 4 weeks left of weight loss. I am feeling pretty comfortable where I am, so I don't know how much more I 'really' want to lose. I guess I will finish off the weight loss weeks and then head into stabilization no matter where my weight is.

Thanks for 'listening'.
Stephanie
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:54 PM   #190  
Gold with Lites

S/C/G: 196/XXX/135

Height: 5'4"

Nicole: You've been in my thoughts. My then 17 year old daughter was having medical problems and her doctor exhausted all out-patient things he could think of and admitted her to the hospital. Two mornings later, dressed in teddy bear pjs, stuffed animals around, and balloons in the air, the visiting weekend doctor stopped by to let us know he thought he'd found the cause of the different problems ... she was pregnant. I passed out right on the spot and life wasn't the same again! I knew within an hour grandparents and everyone from church would be stopping by the hospital when church let out and all I wanted was to get her (and me) home and crawl in a hole. A grandmother at 36?? We had "the talk" many times and I didn't even know she was sexually active. I went through the "what did I do wrong" phase and the "scarlet letter" treatment from some family and friends, but together we got through all things associated. My ex was a big pain in the butt and absolutely no help, the sperm donor as I call him was young and irresponsible himself, but through yard sale shopping and working an extra job, we made it. She finished her junior year, had him over the summer, and went back to finish her Senior year. It is not the way I would have designed her life at the time, but God does have a plan so we don't have to worry about ours. She married when my grandson was five years old, and I was able to happily give my only daughter a wedding that I thought would never happen. One of my friends (who did the "can you believe it" reaction all over creation) told me a few years later that she had another friend with a daughter in a similar situation that turned her back on her daughter, and she just wanted me to know how great she thought I was to stick by her the way I did. Hats off to you and your DH as you give her your support in the days ahead. It won't always be easy, but the "rewards" are awesome. Best of luck! Cindy
GrandmaCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #191  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Wow - I was offline for the past four days and all sorts of stuff happened. I'm out of the KMart challenge because I did not lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks, but I'm still in this game. My orientation for the new job went well and tomorrow I will go into the office for more initial new hire stuff (training, laptop, etc.). I'm a little anxious about the new job and had a mediocre diet weekend to soothe my nerves (any excuse to have a little cheat here and there!). I'm getting up at 5 AM tomorrow and hitting the gym close to my new office. I'm actually excited to start my day that way.

Nicole - I can only repeat what so many have already said about your DD's situation. She is lucky to have you by her side and HE truly has a plan! Folks on this thread simply amaze me and the outpouring of support and encouragement brought me to tears. You truly are adored around here. Then, I had to keep reading to figure out why you needed some clothes and I read your entry about watching Dr. Oz (I missed that - darn!). Once again, your words were so strong and encouraging.

To all the new folks I haven't acknowledged personally - welcome. I'll be back chatting hopefully by the end of the week. Right now, I'm just exhausted and need to go to bed!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:42 PM   #192  
Katie

Have a good day tomorrow Joni!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Stephanie, re your dog, I am an RVT (an RN for animals) and I think Reiki, chiropractic or even acupuncture (if you can afford it) would be helpful. When my "old man" was going down hill with degenerative myelopathy I tried everything. He loved the chiropractic sessions and always left with a little more skip in his otherwise foot dragging step.
Also, concerning where you are in your weight loss. Two years ago I was fat, depressed and overwhelmed. I had not weighed myself in years but when I went to needing 2X I knew I was beyond reasonable weight wise. I went to WW and cried when I say my weight. No kidding I could not stay for the meeting. i had to sit in my car and sob. I was 40# over the weight I had guessed on my drivers license which I had though was pretty close.
I joined WW and through hard work and diligence lost 25#. At the time I decided to not push it any further. I was now wearing misses sizes, not "Womens" and felt pretty good. I managed to maintain that loss for 2 years and decided last year that for my 40th birthday I wanted to be a size 14. 14 by 40 was my motto. I joined LAWL because I could not get the the WW meetings and here I am.
I am glad I did my loss in steps. In the long run i know it will help me maintain the loss. plus I was able to get used to the new me before doing it again.
I still wonder into the Womens department and have to remind myself that this is not my section any more. I hope it never will be, again. Not that that size is a problem but I hated myself for not taking control sooner. I never want to hate myself again. Just my 2 cents (over priced at that)
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #194  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Tuesday. You have done well. I never liked the number I saw on the scale either. A gal at work had a coupon for LAWL and I just did it. No looking back now. LOL I just wanted to see that certain number on the scale (140) and I don't know that I would ever be able to maintain that number. So I need to do a little soul searching and decide if 150 is a better number for me.
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote