3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Counselor Gave The Wrong Answer (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/131894-counselor-gave-wrong-answer.html)

jewel659 01-19-2008 09:58 PM

Counselor Gave The Wrong Answer

So I am doing Take off 2 this weekend, I called my COD to ask should I continue on my same meal plan. Take off 2 is done after 14 days on the plan. After 14 days, should I not change somehow? I go back Monday evening, at which by that time I may have done something wrong, right?
My brochure says I eat on this plan for 14 days, then what is next? I am at 192 pounds, 2 pounds higher than when she said I would drop to a lower level. Currently I am on Plan 4 with no lites. Since I have a Plan 3 booklet, I may start my Monday with Plan 3, the only difference is 1/2 Protein, 1 Fruit, 1Starch, and 1 Dairy.
What do you think?
TIA

GrandmaCindy 01-20-2008 09:29 AM

Maybe they want to see your weight loss first and talk to you before saying "start the new plan". I wouldn't think one day on your current plan nor one day on the new plan, would make that much difference. At least you have the new plan ahead of time. The approach at my former COD was to not give you or explain anything until the day they told you to make change! Good luck. Cindy

hmmm 01-20-2008 09:41 AM

I'm kind of confused...let me see if I understand what you're saying. You're on plan 4 w/ no lites, why do you have a plan 3 booklet? And what brochure tells you to eat on a plan for 14 days, are you on the 8 week body make over?
But, Take Off 2 is definately different than original Take Off if that's part of your question.
Goo news is If you're concerned about whether you should be on plan 3 or 4, if you go back in on Mon. you will not have had time to do that much damage!!

ChopperChick355 01-20-2008 10:21 AM

So what is TO 2?

Lynx 01-20-2008 10:36 AM

Tia,
I also am totally confused by your post. I don't know what you mean by "Counselor Gave the Wrong Answer" Just hang on and talk to your Counselor on Monday. Perhaps you are on a special, promotional program. We are not aware of all the promotional programs being offered. Just
go in Monday and ask good questions. The weight change charts are just estimates. There can't be a hard and fast rule because our bodies are different.
Lynn
Original goal of 50 lbs lost - accomplished
Revised goal of 65 lbs lost - accomplished

MTdebster921 01-20-2008 11:42 AM

If I am understanding what you are saying, I don't think that the counselor gave you the wrong answer. You don't necessarily need to change down to the next program right after you do the take off. The counselors may also keep you on the same plan for a little while longer if you are losing well. A change in plan may make you stall out for a little while. I only changed down in plans when I was stalling out. Go with what your conselor tells you, you are not going to do any damage in 2 days anyway if you stay on plan. Just remember to eat lighter starches and watch the condiment intake for the next few days to keep off the TO weight and to continue to go down.

jewel659 01-20-2008 06:33 PM

They gave me the plan 3 booklet just in case I changed my mind about doing the LA lites. Since I decided not to do the lites, I am on Plan 4. When I lose down to 190 lbs, I should change plans. I thought that I read in the LA Express meal plan, that I would eat this way for 14 days. I cannot find it now...

traceym1 01-20-2008 06:34 PM

What is Take off 2?

Tracey

MTdebster921 01-20-2008 08:33 PM

Tracey, I think that is just the TO that is done after the initial fast forward when you start the program. Some on the 6 or 8 week programs do TO every 2 weeks. Anybody can do it every 2 weeks, the problem with that is sometimes your body recognizes what you are trying to do and it doesn't have the same effect after a while.

alwayssmilin 01-20-2008 09:13 PM

Is the to 2 something you should do if you hit a plateau?

Thanks,

Amy

jewel659 01-21-2008 05:40 PM

I went to LAWL center today. The only change that was made was for me to move down to Plan 3. On Friday, I will go back and we will discuss me adding in more foods. Terrific, because I am bored with the selections now...

traceym1 01-22-2008 12:53 PM

Someone sent the LA express plan to me. I think it replaces the very strict Take Off. It has 2 Proteins plus 1 Express Protein, 3 veg. 1 Fruit, 2 Lites and a lite shake and I think 4oz of milk. This sounds much more pleasing to me. Opions?

Tracey