Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default What am I doing wrong???

Long story short - I only got to start LAWL for two weeks before I had to put my membership on hold last year. (was on gold)
I am trying to start again and I was told I should be on the red plan while breastfeeding. I have 30 pounds to lose.
I started last monday (jan 6th) and did 2 days of FF. I lost 5 pounds.
From Wednesday to today (monday) I gained a few ounces. Should I be worried? Last time in the two weeks I did it I know I kept losing a lot.
HELP!!!!
chrissyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

NO FREAKY!!

It's completely natural for some people to fluctuate (specially breastfeeding mothers from the comments I've been reading on other pages) when they first start, or restart...

Your body will get back into the rhythym of things and you'll continue to lose.. Don't fret the ounces up, but celebrate the ounces down!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

No, you should not be worried. You lost 5 lbs. Your body is probably adjusting to that loss. All of us have fluid adjustments in our bodies and you will have more of that due to breastfeeding. This is not a race to the finish. Take a deep breath and relax. The more uptight you are the more your body senses the stress.
Just follow the plan and it will take you where you want and need to go.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 63 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #4  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Lynn is sooo right. Many many many people notice a post FF/TO gain......and they aren't even BFing!!! What a wonderful gift you are giving your baby!!! Be patient.......and remember what Lynn said.....this is not a race to the finish. We are grown ups now, not teenagers. We are doing this right now, not quick!!! You can do this !!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

I'm breastfeeding also and i've lost 3lbs in 2 weeks. i dont do TO or FF because i'm breastfeeding. From what i heard you shouldnt do TO while breastfeeding. The recommended weightloss for a breastfeeding mom is no more than 1.5lbs a week. Its going to come off but you dont want it to come off to fast and affect your milk supply. Also i'm on red1, no lites and this is what the COD told me is the right plan for me. I also have 30lbs to lose. GL hun.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

I totally agree with Debbie. I have never heard that a breastfeeding Mom should
drop as much in calories as will happen when you do FF or TO. And your body may react as if it is in starvation mode.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 63 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote