Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #106  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post

Liza - I read your other post - "Stuffed" and all I could think was wow - is LAWL/Pure trying to make you eat more so it takes longer to lose and they get more money. It does sound like a ridiculous amount of food so I'd certainly have a talk with them..
You know Joni, I was on fitday.com today looking at all of the foods I've been eating and how many calories it is. Seems like A LOT to me but when I did some research on low-calorie diets and the formula to figure out how much you'd have to take in to maintain and lose, it really is right there in that formula.

I just wonder if my body is going up on the sclae because it's not used to a healthy amount of calories. Once again, I've never been a good eater. Before I started back OP I was probably taking in 1000-1500 calories on a daily average putting myself into starvation mode I'm sure. So I'll stick with it and see if I adjust.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

Good evening everyone!
The posts are coming so fast I can't keep up and won't even attempt to be personal here, but I'm excited about TBL tonight so I thought I would at least jump on and say hello

Congrats to all of you who have had a loss, and for those of you who are stuck a bit just hang in there. It will happen.

Since I started back two weeks ago I'm down 6lbs, which is good, but have been stuck here at 163 since Friday, so I'm starting to get to that point where I get irritated. I'm holding on though, no point in worrying yet.

I picked up my pedometer again last week and am aiming for 10k+ steps a day. Since it's so cold here tonight, I vow to walk up and down the stairs in my house 3 times during each TBL commercial. That should add on some steps. Anything left to get to 10k after that will be spent on the dog's evening potty break. (This is my plan for the next two hours - watching TV, walking the stairs, and hoping that my dog goes potty quickly so I don't freeze out there - now that it's all typed-out, it's pretty sad)

Oh well, here's to seeing 162-somethin' tomorrow morning!

Oh yeah, my DH who is 'sorta' following the plan, is down 10lbs. grrrrr

Last edited by AJinTN; 01-15-2008 at 07:56 PM.
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Liza, Perhaps they need to add back calories to your life more slowly. I imagine that exercise might be especially important for you to get your metabolism geared up to burn some calories off.

AJ, Don't get discouraged yet! You are doing great. You won't see results everyday. It has only been a couple of days since Friday. My DH decided he needed to lose 5 pounds, was sort of good for a day and was already down half that amount! Men just lose weight much easier than women. My dad once cut out candy bars at work for 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds. I wonder to this day exactly how many candy bars was he eating at work!

Cecil, I'm sure you are destined to be a POPstar and dazzle us all with your losses here very soon.

Nicole, I actually was reaching for the muffins and the song Hey Now You're a POPstar... came into my mind and I stopped opening the baked goods box... so see getting a silly tune stuck in your head is good for you.

Shannon, I'm glad to see you back and hope that someday soon you can be off all your meds. Have you been back to the gym?

Alannah, I am intrigued by your program, since it sounds like a very good one. We still want to hear about how you are doing though. How is the new promotion going?

I hope everyone else is at one with their POPness. I enjoy reading the posts from each and every one of you, but I'm really bad at names.

I am going to get back on the exercise wagon tomorrow, as the doctor said not to do anything strenous or lift anything heavy for awhile, but I think I can start walking with no problems.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #109  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi Barbara - we were posting at the same time!

so good to see Liz posting and Kim!
I went to a class at the gym tonight. Great instructor. I stood right behind her during class and she had a body I would die for...muscles and a pefect bum!

Kim - I've heard good things from others about Golds Gym. They just don't have a lot of locations so I stick with a gym that is easier to get to LA Fitness. I pay $27 a month and that's my limit. Thankfully, I think I get my money's worth.

Oh Liza - I used to cook chicken, brown rice, and broccoli for Charlie boy. I had to add it to dry food since it would cost a fortune to feed two dogs all real food, but they sure liked their chicken additive. I have some brown rice in my cupboard, but that won't help you. I've been to the Claim Jumper in San Bernardino and I do recall the huge portions! I'm so hungry, I need to stop this food talk!

Nicole - I just checked your fitday...it says you haven't eaten since November! LOL.........what are you crocheting? I guess I missed that chapter of your life.

I'm watching TBL. Sometimes I really like it and then sometimes it's annoying. I like Bette Sue and Jillian's confrontation about "are you going to die?" It made me laugh and I think Bette Sue is a good character on this season's show. I worked out at the gym last Thursday and it took me three days to recover. I swear I could not move half of my body parts. How do the Biggest Loser contestants do it? I don't see them getting massages or soaking in Epson Salt every night, but that would be what I would have to do to get back in the workout game each day. What's the trick???
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:32 PM   #110  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Joni........not eating.......yeah, that's me I have been crocheting EVERYTHING. It is something I pick up every now and then, usually in the winter......but this year, I can't seem to get enough. Currently, I have an afgan for me, a poncho for a friend, a sweater for the neighbor's baby due in May, and a hat and scarf for my sister going. I just switch it up every other day or so, so I don't get bored......cuz it takes forever. My brain works wayyyy tooooo fast for my hands. I do eventually finish my projects......sometimes it just takes a while. Maybe I have ADD How is your diva contest comming along?

Ok, time to chill...........with my smoothie......... I didn't even plan that one.

Oh, Barbara........glad I could help with my annoying tunes!!! I think the song center in my brain is hyper-active........cuz anytime anyone says just about any phrase.....a song comes to my mind. It's almost like a disorder

Ok, really have to go........AI is awaiting me
XOXO
Be one with your POP tm
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:39 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Joni, I think most of them their "trick" is being really young, but this time there are some oldies in there.... I have been humbled as an old person more than once by going and working out with my DD. OH to be 18 and again and to abuse your body and get away with it..... Hi back... I better go home... as if I don't my DH will start "cooking" and lord knows what he might decide is a good diet food.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 PM   #112  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone,

I just thought that I would check in. I am doing better since the surgery on Friday. I have not been staying on plan even though I had planned it out so I could. I can't open my mouth very much and I am still taking the pain meds. This is a very painful thing. I got on the scale today and it says I have lost weight. I have been drinking a slim down shake once a day and eating sugar free jello and chocolate ice cream. I figure it can't hurt me to bad since I can't eat very much any way. I am going to try and stick to my plan tomorrow not sure how that will go. Since my plan consisted of mainly liquids. I didn't realize the effect swelling has on your jaws. Well, I better go I need to get some meds and go to bed. I'll try to check in tomorrow.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Hi everyone!!

Didnt get to read much today and it seems like you all have been chatting alot. TBL tonight was interesting. Geez it was so hard to choose between american idol and TBL but i switched back and forth and watched most of TBL. I'm not really happy the white team went home but gosh Neill is such a slacker, his wife worked so hard tho and i feel sorry for her. At times i asked myself "how did she end up with him?". Oh well.

Joni - I exercised a bit yesterday and i cant move half my body. . My legs are killing me and that was just one day i have no idea how they do it on TBL. I'm walking around dragging my feet because its so painful to more my legs, hopefully tomorrow they wont hurt at all.

Nicole - you are hilarious!

Goodnight everyone, see you all tomorrow.

Last edited by Debbie24; 01-15-2008 at 10:55 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #114  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

AGHHH! DH took away my scale!!! He said I was obsessed!! What to do?!?
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:43 PM   #115  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Joni- I actually find it much cheaper and healthier for Buster and the kitties to cook it all. I get meat that is reduced and about to expire for them and they get a lot of chicken livers that are really cheap. They LOVE them. I was spending about $200 a month on food for the three that really, was making them sick! Now I spend maybe $40 a month and no more UTI's or diarrhea! The one cat (with the ookie paw) still prefers his Friskies so I get that just for him. Buster and Champagne are both very happy to eat out of the same bowl and have the home cooked goodies! Oliver's paw is still not looking so hot. The vet though the tumor might fall off on it's own but he won't leave it alone. I do know that Mast Cell Tumors aren't as bad on cats as they are on dogs and are usually benign. The problem is getting this cat to hold still for a vet. He does NOT like to be held and causes a huge commotion when he's in there. I think it's wishful thinking on the vet's part and something will have to be done because it is getting worse. I'm going to try tomorrow night to hold him down and at least wrap it up with some gauze and antibiotic ointment so it can have a chance to heal.

Barbara - I think you're right. Today is a little better but I'm still very bloated from all of this. Hopefully tomorrow will be even better and I can wear at least jeans again!

Nicole- are you sure you can't knit? Someone needs to finish this project for me! I haven't touched it in a month and the baby is due in February!

Liz- Good to see you again! Hang in there!

Kimberly R- I know all too well that obsession with the scale. I knew I hadn't been looking at it enough when the pets stopped sitting on it. Now I'm weighing again in the morning when I get up, again when I get home, when I wake up from my nap and use the bathroom, then again when I get out of the shower. The cat runs and sits on the scale as fast as he can so I'll HAVE to pay attention to him. Maybe your husband is onto something.....

Ok there are more personals but I'm running out of steam. Time to go to bed. I'm a year older tomorrow. *sigh*
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:13 AM   #116  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey, guys! I am normally not awake at this late hour, but I've been up cleaning - story of my life! DH was out of town Monday and all of today. He arrived home around 8:00 PM and told me that his boss is coming tomorrow. ACK!! Yes, the house was just clean on Saturday when the grandparents came to bring DS's presents, but it had already gotten bad again - especially the kitchen. I've got to get back with the FlyLady!! I am finished now, thank goodness. DH had to get into bed as soon as the kids were asleep. He thinks he may have a stomach bug - feels really queasy (or "queasled" as DD says!) and light-headed. I hope he's not getting the flu. It's REALLY going around my school. One of the 3rd grade teachers had 9 kids out this morning! I had 3 out, but some others had lots of absent kids! One of my 2nd grade co-workers will be out tomorrow and really should have gone home today. She just felt rotten - achy, low-grade fever, etc. Everyone in my family had their flu shot, but with all these new strains, you never know.

Stacey - congratulations! What wonderful news! I pray that your pregnancy is a smooth and healthy one.

Nicole - I tend to crochet in the winter months, too. I think it's because it keeps my legs warm! I can only make afghans though. My aunt taught me to crochet (no small feat since I'm a leftie) and she only taught me one pattern. I don't know how to read crochet patterns, so all of my afghans have that same big zig-zag pattern!

Liza - I know I've already said this, but it's so good to have you back! I just love reading your posts! You always manage to make me smile.

Kimberly R. - DH took our scale (a really nice one just like at the doctor's office) to the storage building when we moved. I really need to go and get it. I just don't like to be surprised at my WI's!

One of my resolutions for this year is to make sure that our family sits down together at dinner every night. I had gotten into the habit of feeding the kids early and then eating with DH later. I just don't think that's good for the kids. So we've been doing great and eating together every night since the 1st. Both of my kids are great eaters in that they will eat pretty much anything I cook. They both LOVE spinach and ask for it at least once a week, so I'm lucky that healthy eating isn't a battle with them. The other night, we had grilled chicken, sauteed fresh green beans, and mashed potatoes. DS kept going on and on and on about those potatoes. Now granted, I haven't made mashed potatoes since we started this diet in June, but he just kept going on! "Mama, these are the best mashed potatoes in the world! Can I have more?" After his third serving, I had to cut him off. He excused himself from the table and as the two kids were walking into the living room, I heard him still talking about those potatoes to DD. The funny thing is: they weren't potatoes. They were cauliflower! That meant that DH and I could enjoy pretty much as much as we wanted of them, too, since they were a vegetable instead of a starch!

Yet another instance of my covert cooking!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #117  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoubelle68 View Post
The funny thing is: they weren't potatoes. They were cauliflower!
Yet another instance of my covert cooking!!
Genius.
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 AM   #118  
FBD/8-18-08

Good Morning All! It's been a hard couple of days, thought I was suffering from allergies due to cleaning out closets on Sunday, but it seems like it's going into a sinus thing... headache, stopped up head (obviously not enough up there to prevent it!) YUK! (okay, that's enough wah wah from me!)
Down 12.5# since last Tue. Having a HARD time getting all the food in with my schedule. Seems like I'm always either on the road going to work when I need to be eating a meal or just getting to work... so then I put it off a "little while" and I get behind a meal.
Nicole - My mom taught me to crochet, knit, embroider, needlepoint, sew, etc... because back then (in the 1700's ?!?), women we supposed to be the sock menders and button sewers along with everything else! I'm glad she taught me though because in some ways it feels like it could become a lost art. She was really good at all three (thank goodness!) How's your business going?
Sorry I'm not doing more personals but I've got to go to bed sometime and the way my head feels, it isn't going to be a fun night.
Blessings from Betsy Ross!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 AM   #119  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24 View Post
Hi everyone!!

Didnt get to read much today and it seems like you all have been chatting alot. TBL tonight was interesting. Geez it was so hard to choose between american idol and TBL but i switched back and forth and watched most of TBL. I'm not really happy the white team went home but gosh Neill is such a slacker, his wife worked so hard tho and i feel sorry for her. At times i asked myself "how did she end up with him?". Oh well.
Debbie,
I am with you. How did she end up with him? He just seems unaware of what he was supposed to be doing. I guess he had not really watched the show before being on it.

Debbie, I have to tell you something. The other night I was having trouble sleeping and my mind was racing. You know what I mean. I just could not turn it off. Lots of little things. Anyway, at 3:00 am I thought I have to switch my mind to somthing else. What can I put in my brain to switch to something pleasant? All of a sudden, I thought Debbie's baby rolling around the floor and I kept thinking about him rolling and rolling and I got back to sleep. Thanks for telling us about him. All of your boys are adorable.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

Last edited by Lynx; 01-16-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 AM   #120  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
AGHHH! DH took away my scale!!! He said I was obsessed!! What to do?!?
You think you are obsessed with your scale. I took my scale along with me on vacation in my packed luggage. If I don't take it along, I am out of touch and have to go to a store like KMart and try their scales out. Anyway, when I went to California in December I was going to be gone for 10 days, I put my scale in my big suitcase and wrapped in bubblewrap. I jumped on my scale holding my packed bag to see how much the packed suitcase weighed before I put the scale into it and I knew that it was within a few lbs of the limit, 50 lbs. I got to the airport and they had a scale sitting there to use to check the weight of your bag and the scale registered 50.5 lbs. So before I went to the counter, I moved some magazines from my checked bag to my carry on and I was fine. I swear true story.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 64 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote