Old 01-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Alannah! You know you are always welcome here!!! Good luck with your new plan!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #17  
LAWL Salt Police

Of course you're always welcome!! It will be interesting to track your progress with the local program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinetcan View Post
Happy Monday!!!

I am off today for one last day before I finally start my new position at work tomorrow. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow...now ain't that a treat??? I haven't done that in awhile. Of course we have yet another snow storm due to start this afternoon and go overnight so the drive in tomorrow will be a real bugger...but I don't have to go that far so I should be able to get there.

I didn't make it to my weigh in on friday as we had a freezing rain storm and the roads were really slippery and icy by 530 when my appt is for. and according to my home scale I am the same so i will go with that till I get weighed this friday. I'll update the weigh in thread after I leave here.

I never mentioned it before but after I stopped going to COD when my weeks ran out I was doing this on my own and then at the beginning of december I joined a local weight loss center here. I weigh in every friday for now. It is similar in structure to LA on the old colored plans but is a little more restricted. It works really well and they don't have the turnover like my center did and my coach that I am assigned to actually has nutrition training etc and he has also lost a ton of weight. I go to him every week so he knows me and can keep track of what i am doing etc. I can email him anytime with questions about my plan and he gets back to me the same day usually unless I email late in the day and then its first thing the next morning when he gets back to me. I really like it so far and I know people at work that have gone for awhile and lost a lot. I needed some kind of accountability and this so far seems to be working. I've lost 9 lbs since starting there and that included xmas and new years in there as well.

I hope you guys will still let me come here...I love keeping up to date with you guys and a lot of you ahve been there for when things were good and bad with me. I have fun checking in here and learn a lot from you guys.

Guess this was a little long...have a great day and I'll check in later....have a POP day!!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #18  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Thanks for the welcome back! I really do enjoy it here!
There are so many new faces and its so nice to see all the oldies...you guys are awesome!

One question I do have though is for those of you who were on the coloured plan for awhile and are now on the numbered plan, do you find it works as effectively or the same. I am so worried that I won't lose the same...so many starches, even though I try to eat the lighter ones a starch is a starch??? Also for those of you who have done this with lites and without, do you recommend using them or not? Do you lose quicker one way or the other? One of the problems I also find know is I would love to be able to have a snack or something sweet but guilt kills me...do I buy some of the La biscotti? And howw often can you have the LA snacks without gaining weight?

I just really want to succeed and before I got off plan I had plateaued for a few months and I guess I just want this to happen. I have been on plan faithfully since last Monday where I did TO fior the 2 days Monday and Tuesday and lost 3 lbs, but since only have managed to lose another 1/2 lbs. or so. The centre tells me that's great but I guess I have high expectations. I am trying to be postive and patient as I know I can do this.

Kristen & Angie...when are we having that coffee? Tim Hortons, next week one night???

Last edited by bella mia; 01-14-2008 at 11:04 AM.
bella mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni135 View Post
Wake Up.....it's a brand new day; it's a brand new week! What have you done for yourself lately?
oh Joni, that is too funny, that is exactly what I just said on the FLYing LAWLers thread!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #20  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

So much to keep up with and it's only 8 am! Sheesh!

Stacy- Congrats! That is so amazing! I can't imagine how excited and happy you must be! Now you get to do fun pregnant exercises, right??? I don't really know. I saw it on TV once...

Liza- You're a reporter??? COOL! Radio? Television? I wish my job was as cool! Hope your cat is okay.

Hello and good morning to everyone else! I'm on my way to COD to WI.. hopefully the weekend was good to me. We'll see!
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #21  

Goodness, you can tell it is January the way this board is flying out of control!

I am off work today! it is very nice. I really enjoy my job. more than I thought I would. I actually look forward to getting back to work. but I really enjoy the days off too. so that is all good. I just hope we can make it with the pay check being so tiny. Like many of you teacher may have it...... we get paid for 180 days but it is spread out for the whole year so I will get checks in the summer when I am not working, but that makes all the checks littler. actually mine will be even littler because, starting work halfway through the school year I am actually contracted for 102 days and that is spread out til next sept....... too much math. tomorrow I get my first check, it has been a month since I was hired, so yay! a check for me. so I will get to see just how tiny it is tomorrow.

enough.....

on the diet front. I was PMSing all last week, tried to behave and it put me at exactly the same place this week. so still 209..... I will take that. Today TOM hit. .... full force....... (it is a good thing you are married Dan! bad enough you are almost the only guy...... glad you are back around too Jason!...... but then to have to hear this stuff so much...... just glad you are married and familure with it...... thats all I'm sayin'!)

so I hope to see something good this week.

I was POP all last week and most of the weekend, but we took the two little girls to Chuck E Cheese yesterday and I did have 2 pcs of Pizza with a salad. but I took the smallest pieces on the pan, and figured it into my day, so I guess it was still kinda POP...... but I didnt' count it as such.

Well, I need to get some things done. I didn't want to have to go anywhere today, but DD has softball practice this afternoon even though there is no school and my son has orchestra practice. so I will be doing some running.

I am going to try my best to keep up with you guys the week, but man you guys went crazy with the amount of pages.... and now with me working......... yikes! I can't wait til I hit 180. my DH is going to get me my own laptop. and then I should be able to get on more often,

k. have a great day all!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #22  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning all!

Stacy- congratulations on the pregnancy!! We all wish you the best and hope that you are able to stay on track eating wise for the next 9 months!

Kim-good to see you and congrats on your POP week!!

Liza- so early! But you have an important job. I hope that the new numbered plan starts to fit into your routine soon. I remember a lot of people feeling overwhelmed at first, but you will get used to it I'm sure.

Hi Michelle! Thanks for the pep talk-I needed it! I'm going to have a great week and hope you do too!

WElcome back Sara! Glad you are ready to get back into it.

Dan- sorry to hear about the cheats and the ankle. Wouldn't finsihing a triatholon be a great acheivement?? I think you can do it!!

Alannah-your new program sounds like the perfect replacement. Wish I had one!! Maybe I should look into it, how are the prices? Good luck at your new job!

Hi Lettie!

Hi Nicole! Joni!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:24 AM   #23  

Morning Amy!!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #24  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Michelle are you going to the Mission Valley COD? I'll be there this afternoon :-) Hope your WI is a GREAT one! And yes, I'm a reporter on several radio stations and one tv station here.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #25  
Blue w/lites - No COD

S/C/G: 208/157/150

Good morning everyone!

I need some help! I can't seem to stay on track since my COD closed. I do pretty good during the week, but weekends are my downfall. This past weekend my DH was out of town so I was bored & ate. I didn't really eat anything that was off plan, it was just the quantity. I didn't have the nerve to get on the scale this morning to see what the damage was but Saturday morning I was back up to 159 after having pizza & beer on Friday night. I guess I need a lecture from someone (Dan). I'm sooo close to goal that I can almost taste (hehe) it, but can't get myself to it. I have less than 6 weeks before I go on my cruise, you'd think that would be motivation enough, but it's not. Any advice or butt chewings are welcome. Thanks.

Sounds like most of you have had successful weekends. Good luck being POP this week.
okie in il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscott View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend. We had a weekend with a surprise. I found out that I am pregnant! Oh my! I couldn't be more shocked or excited. I know I won't be able to go to the center any more, but my sister, who is an MD, said I can keep up with the program. She said that because I am heavy as long as I am eating enough fruits, veggies, and lean protien the baby will take what it needs from my reserves. So, I am planning on making healthy choices. I am not going to focus on weightloss right now, just making good choices. So, with that said, I would like to still hang around here with you guys. I am going to remove my tickers so I don't worry about the weight and I am going to worry about eatig healthy! Yippy, a baby is always reason to celebrate!
reg:
OH STACY!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!! That is so wonderful!!!

Isn't there a ticker somewhere for pregnant gals, where you count down the months or something? seems like you should get some kind of ticker!!!!
Any idea on a due date? You better keep coming around, we want to all be Auntie Chicks.....oh, and a couple Uncle Roosters!

Last edited by zambejaly5; 01-14-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #27  

Those smilies are nuts. I didn't throw that green face or the "reg" in the middle, I even went back and tried to edit it. I erased all the smilies and hit just the preggers one again and it still came up like that! weird....... but you get the message anyway,
Old 01-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #28  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning...almost afternoon here. Had a pretty good weekend and managed to stay on plan despite TOM approaching Trying to decide if I want to go WI today or just wait until Friday so I can get back on my regular schedule.

It is going to be a strange week for me. I'm facilitating a planning event here at work the next two days and then have my leadership class on Thursday. Hopefully I'll find a few minutes at home to check in on everyone's progress.

Oh, by the way, DH who didn't lose anything on TO last week announced this am that he is down 8lbs....in a freaking week no less. PI$&ed me off so bad I didn't even step on the scales. I've never lost 8lbs in a week, not even when I first started. I know I should be happy for him right?

I'm thinking about moving to Plan 2..... I saw someone on here who is close to my current weight and is already on 2. They told me at to be at 190 but I don't always trust the counselors at my COD. They don't always seem to know what they are talking about. Right now I think I'm just getting too many starches to do any good. I went from purple plan where I got two right to this plan three where I get four...and two pieces of bread now counts as one. Any thoughts? I think Plan 2 was posted on a thread before so I'm going to go look for it.

Talk to you later all you POPstars
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #29  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Lettie - You deserve pizza for being at Chuck E Cheese....I absolutely hate that place. Not sure why, maybe the rodent. DD has only been to one party there and it was more than I could take. I heard them offering the parents coffee or something to calm my nerves as we were leaving but I told them the beer I needed to do that just wasn't on their menu

Congrats Stacy!!!!

Liza - It is great to have you back!

Hi AmyLou, Dan, and anyone else out there that I missed.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #30  
LAWL Salt Police

Becky.. I know it's hard, but you can do it.. You've just to rearrange your thinking... Liz and I had to do it last year when our shops closed in April... You go through a period of "Screw it! I'm just gonna forget about the whole thing!".. But then conciously you get back on track.. It's the subconcious thing that take some time to get going...

Just because you don't have some skinny chick with a scale and a tape measure monitoring your every crumb, doesn't mean you can't hold yourself accountable...

There are going to be weak moments, especially when you're bored.. But hey.. The small victory is that you didn't stray off plan with the foods you ate.. An extra handful or two of carrots or peanuts isn't going to affect you like eating through a bag of chips or a plate of nachos...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote