Old 01-17-2008, 02:13 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

Katy -

Onderland huh? That's a biggie! How about jewelry? It should definately be something that you can enjoy long term since that is such a huge accomplishment.

I hit my 10 lb loss today! I was kind of bummed b/c I only lost .4 in a week but it put me at exactly 10 lbs down. Stay on the positive side right?

My DF doesn't know it yet, but he is accompanying me on a trip to the mall this weekend. We will be going to the Yankee Candle store to buy me some yummy candles!!

If the weather holds up, we're getting a ton of snow right now and the roads are pretty awful.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:15 PM   #17  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Jewelry is a good idea..... I'll start looking now for what I want, something expensive of course
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #18  

But of course! What about one of those diamond pendants that are shaped like an O? Get it? Like the O in ONEDERLAND?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Be careful getting rings until you are close to goal weight, as mine are all too big right now. I bought some little plastic dohickey's called ring snuggies to keep them from falling off though.

When I hit my goal weight... I went shopping, and I bought a whole bunch of pants (at Marshal's so it was not super expensive really think I only spent 100$) but they were all size 8 and trying on pair after pair of that size and having them all zip up and all, I don't know when I've been more happy and excited. I even resisted buying them all! I actually got picky and had a good time debating in the dressing room which ones made me look really good, and I had just the best time. That is so different than previous to that where the dressing room was the scene of a string of bitter humiliations where I didn't fit into much.

I don't recall making rewards though, but it is a good idea. To celebrate your success. When I hit goal, I had put off buying anything for a long time, to see where I ended up, I went a little crazy though buying new clothes, but it was so much fun...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #20  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Hmm...I have a lot of pounds to go, so I have to come up with a few good rewards.

10 lbs Pedicure
20 lbs New shoes
30 lbs New workout clothes
40 lbs Yoga classes
50 lbs
60 lbs
70 lbs
80 lbs
Goal! (90-something lbs) Overnight shopping trip to Buffalo or Montreal (depends on how the Canadian $ is doing..lol)

I need some ideas for the other goals along the way. I'm not sure that the things that motivate me now will be the same things that motivate me then. Ya know?
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #21  

Ooh! I love the idea of yoga classes. I tried it once and it was just too hard for me b/c I was too big. That is something I will look forward too way in the future.

New workout clothes is always a good one too. When you lose all the weight and they get all baggy, you can use them for pajamas

I went and "cashed in" my 10-lb reward over the weekend. I went to the Yankee Candle store and spent an obscene amount of money on candles & some other decorations for the house. My DF was like "I can't believe you just spent that much on candles". I told him I should turn around and go buy more for walking through the food court and past the movie theater w/out eating anything!

My 15lb reward is a trip to Barnes and Noble. We just booked a trip to Florida so I want to buy some travel books. Hopefully this weekend!
Old 01-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #22  
Katy66

Angie - I love the idea of an overnight shopping trip for reaching goal weight!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote