3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Goin' on a date... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/130783-goin-date.html)

mgresso 01-09-2008 07:08 PM

Goin' on a date...

My DH and I actually get to have a date night this Friday. :cheers: It's been a while. My mom gave us a gift card for Olive Garden or Red Lobster. I'd prefer OG but DH wants to go to RL. I don't like shrimp or lobster or salmon or "fishy" fish. :nono:There are a lot more options there than at OG. Any suggestions? And I don't want to get a chicken caesar salad for $9 when I can get the same thing at McD's for less than $5.

HELP!!!!

BarbaraB 01-09-2008 07:25 PM

Oh my... well I'm sure it is not exactly the same as Mc Donald's. I went recently and had a lobster. It was fantastic, but I like lobster. They sell a grilled chicken breast with rice. Or an oven broile sole, which is a very mild fish. They often have specials that can be on plan too. Halibut, sole and mahi mahi are good choices if you don't like that fishy taste. What about crab?

Anyway, just enjoy your night out!

My sister in law bought us a gift certificate to the cheese cake factory...

Mama Nicole 01-09-2008 11:03 PM

What a hag! :lol:

Dan2112 01-10-2008 08:21 AM

When we go to RL, I always get the "Aztec Chicken"... I shudder to think about the sodium it's got in it, but it's a lot more fun than a simple grilled chicken breast.. DO get it with the sauce on the side and ask for double veggies rather than the fries or baked potato (unless you've saved your starches for the potato)...

krjpy 01-10-2008 09:29 AM

You can go to Red Lobster's website and get a good deal if nutritional info on a lot of their meals (they even have a "Lighthouse Menu", but most of that is the lobster, shrimp, crab and fish ... sorry Dan the Aztec Chicken isn't listed with the nutritional info ... what does this tell us:o)

It does give a lot of the side dish type information ... I personaly cried when I saw the cheddar biscuit info:(

Just remember to drink lots of water and do things in moderation.

Good Luck!

Tuesday Cool 01-10-2008 09:38 AM

My thoughts on date night. Your diet is for now. Your weight loss is forever. In order for those two ideas to function together you need to really change the way you live, eat and picture your body.
For me that means that a nice dinner out like this, while not an excuse to go wild, is not the time to freak out about food. Yes, have a plan. Avoid the biscuits, have salad, order something nice and light. But it is ok if your choices do not cause you to lose weight. Or even heaven forbid you gain an oz. This was one night and should be worth it. Tomorrow is another day and you will go forward.
We all have to come out of this able to make choices, even if they are choice that may not be healthy. If we know we chose to be less healthy we have the power to choose better later. and we got to enjoy the moment of being bad.

BarbaraB 01-10-2008 03:00 PM

Kelly, Say it isn't so. I love their biscuits (but it does not take a nutritionist to figure out that they have got to be really a lot of calories). I do think I managed to not eat them when we got the lobster. I also managed to not dip the lobster in the butter, but I got a whole lobster and had saved the exchanges for a whole baked potato (salt encrusted by the way in case Dan needed to know that) but that whole lobster was TOAST and they should have brought me a hose to spray myself down after and not the little wet nap...