3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Feelin' funny (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/130546-feelin-funny.html)

ChefsGirl 01-07-2008 04:55 PM

Feelin' funny

Did anyone else kind of feel like they were detoxing? Last week I felt just awful! Super grumpy and just plain bad.

This week I'm almost hyper-active. I ran around the office like a crazy woman all afternoon and now I feel like I'm crashing. My head is all foggy and I can't focus.

What gives? Is it just all the changes? I've never ate like this in my life so my body is probably wigging out.

Jill

Lynx 01-07-2008 05:08 PM

Dear Jill,
Sorry that you are not feeling well. What have you eaten today? What do you have with you that you can eat? Maybe you are low on potassium in which case a banana would be good to eat. It almost sounds like a sharp plunge of your sugar levels, but of course none of us are medical professionals.

I am not medically eligible to do Take Off or Fast Forward so I did not go through this myself. Maybe someone else can chime in and help. Are you still at work? Please take care or get help if you feeling that poorly.

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs

jamiam 01-07-2008 06:00 PM

I've never had any problems with the TO but my body might be used to it. Just hang in there, it's only 2 days and you'll be eating again tomorrow.

cecil 01-07-2008 07:11 PM

Yes I felt weird at first. I think it was from withdrawl from all the bad stuff. I remember getting a headache. And many other aches ha ha! But it will go away. Just stick with it. It's normal since you are used to having all that bad stuff and now you are detoxifying. You will feel better once you are eating normal foods again. I promise!

Dan2112 01-07-2008 10:06 PM

You're exactly right Cecilia...

When you suddenly stop giving the body what it craves (bad stuff) and start eating a lot of what it needs (good stuff), it can tend to rebel.. I'm sure many of us went through that... It can definetely affect your mood and your behavior.. Luckily, it's just temporary...

I'd also bet you're bouncing off the walls because your body is now ingesting natural, good energy producing foods... All the crap we used to eat really did nothing but weigh us down, mentally and physically..

You will evenatually even out as your body and brain adjust.. Hang in there, you're doin' great!

Katy66 01-08-2008 09:47 AM

My DH is doing FF with me for the first time and called me twice yesterday to see if having a splitting headache was "normal". (He is a sugar junky) So yes it is "normal" to have some weird feelings when you are detoxifying yourself. I think that is one reason my cold/upper respiratory stuff was worse yesterday than it had been.

Hang in there, your body will adjust and thank you for all the good stuff you are now giving it!!!!!!!

tinkertoy 01-08-2008 01:59 PM

Sometimes but not always when I do the TO, I feel really different. Good and bad. I have an irregular heartbeat and am on medicine but I choose to do the TO at least once a month. I think it really helps. Hang in there, but if you cant make don't beat yourself up...just keep on keepin on.

sscott 01-08-2008 03:18 PM

Jill

I went through the exact same stuff. In a couple of weeks you will balance out. My DH was about ready to throw this diet out in the beginninb because I was so moody :) I think I am doing better now, but you'd have to ask him :) Hang it there, you WILL level off. Drink a bunch of water then drink so more...it will help a lot!

tinkertoy 01-09-2008 12:55 PM

Jill, I was wondering if you were feeling better today. Let us know.

ChefsGirl 01-09-2008 04:53 PM

Wow! Thanks for all the advice and concern guys. Turns out I had the flu. I feel much better today. I went home from work on Monday and had a fever. That's why I felt so weird.

I'm much better now and was down 1.2 pounds today!